********** gator football *********** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

So four of the credit card guys are staying. Jordan Scarlett, Rick Wells, James Houston and Ventrell Miller have all rejoined the team. Scarlett is the big one. That will be a huge boost to our backfield.

The LBs are pretty big too considering how awful they looked last season. Sharp had his moments but still struggled. It was unequivocally the worst LB play I've seen in 20 years of watching the gators. Just pitiful.

Mullen was a decent hire...my brother goes to UF, and he likes the hire...lots of people wanted Chip Kelly, but I think Mullen is the better guy in the long run for you guys.

Kelly belongs out on the left coast where he can run gimmick offenses, use his old recruiting connects, and not worry so much about defense. The SEC would've chewed him up and spit him out.

Mullen was the guy. Dude has to develop a QB and stat. We're almost at the no tolerance for garbage QB play threshold. Jones needs to deliver.

SharkLover was never going to get you where you wanted to be...Mullen won at MSU...if he can be successful there, he’ll be more than ok at Hogtown.

The LBs are pretty big too considering how awful they looked last season. Sharp had his moments but still struggled. It was unequivocally the worst LB play I've seen in 20 years of watching the gators. Just pitiful.

Sharp? Reese, dummy. Gonna hard to make that mistake this season when there's 2 of them. Should be interesting.

What happened to your guys' basketball team?

Inconsistency. Different players keep taking turns being ‘the guy’ at different points in the season. Dangerously streaky.

It’s funny though because it still looks like a Billy Donovan team. Full court press, tough D, and inexplicably falling apart in the 4th with a 15 point lead. It’s like he never left.

Looks like he's leaving Florida "to better his opportunities". Kid sounds like a psyschopath. No apology to his teammates, coaches, school, victims....nothing.

Glad we got out on that kid. We were his last OV before he committed to the Gators.

Coach Mullen has his hands full down there. The roster has to be disinfected first and foremost. You've got more like this one.

Looks like he's leaving Florida "to better his opportunities". Kid sounds like a psyschopath. No apology to his teammates, coaches, school, victims....nothing.

Glad we got out on that kid. We were his last OV before he committed to the Gators.

Coach Mullen has his hands full down there. The roster has to be disinfected first and foremost. You've got more like this one.

I remember being pumped we got him over you guys. Receiver is/was a need. I'm glad he validated that feeling ...

I remember being pumped we got him over you guys. Receiver is/was a need. I'm glad he validated that feeling ...

I'm a firm believer Coach Mullen is going to do a good job down there. Just give him time to get rid of the bad apples and find a quarterback and I think he can have the Gators knocking on the door of the playoffs.

I'm a firm believer Coach Mullen is going to do a good job down there. Just give him time to get rid of the bad apples and find a quarterback and I think he can have the Gators knocking on the door of the playoffs.

I'm with ya. Big fan of Mullen and he would've been back sooner if it was up to me. I just hope he finds that QB quick because there won't be too long of a leash after a decade of disappointment. I keep hearing Franks has the inside track for the gig ... which is not great for the new coach.

He'll only get a few seasons to right the ship because of the situation ... which is a shame because it might take more time than that. They somehow haven't fallen off the edge of the earth in recruiting so he's still got that to lean on.

So glad Kelly wasn't the pick.

I'm with ya. Big fan of Mullen and he would've been back sooner if it was up to me. I just hope he finds that QB quick because there won't be too long of a leash after a decade of disappointment. I keep hearing Franks has the inside track for the gig ... which is not great for the new coach.

He'll only get a few seasons to right the ship because of the situation ... which is a shame because it might take more time than that. They somehow haven't fallen off the edge of the earth in recruiting so he's still got that to lean on.

So glad Kelly wasn't the pick.

He's in a good situation, Stricklin already knows what he can do which is why he hired him. At least they have a good working relationship and have already experienced success together at Miss. St.

They'll do it again at Florida as long as they get the backing from the higher ups (money) to compete in recruiting. You have no shot in the SEC if you don't get funding from the higher ups in the University.

When Mullen goes to 'em and asks for money to upgrade this and that, they better give it to him. It's changing fast out there.

Back
Top Bottom