********** gator football *********** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

This season ended quickly. It wasn't a huge surprise that Franks is awful but the play calling on both sides of the ball was equally atrocious. Kentucky never should've been in the game ... coaching lost this one. They're cramping all over the field and you're throwing it deep with Franks on 1st down? With a lead? GTFOH.

Mullen just stood there for most of it. Looking lost. Derp.

Last edited:
Well it happened. First time in my lifetime. I suppose it couldn't last forever, though there were times when it sure seemed like it would. Funny story, my buddy actually had a ticket for this one and ended up getting sick and had to stay home. Lucky bastard.

This team has some decent skill position talent, but they still look much like the last 8 years of lousy offense. Franks looks a little more polished than last year but is still making freshman errors. Line play is still very shaky which is a shame because it's wasting the talent of a legit NFL prospect in Scarlett.

Defensive front 7 looks like absolute ass. No penetration, blown off the ball, huge chunks of yardage on the ground all night, terrible tackling, no pressure on the QB. The studs that Muschamp recruited for this side of the ball are almost all gone. How much of a difference would CeCe Jefferson have made? Hard to tell. And now one of our best DBs may have a serious injury a few weeks before they hit the meat of this schedule.

Overall, this just really isn't a good team at all. Mac's "recruiting" (if you could even call it that) really put this roster behind the 8 ball. Couple that with Foley's refusal to keep up with rival programs' facility upgrades and it's little wonder why this program has fallen so far behind. I was a tad bit skeptical on the Mullen hire, but he largely gets a pass for this season with this shitty roster.

Looks like I made the right call in passing on going to any games this year. Made a mistake going to the LSU game last year. Had a blast, but I spent an awful lot of money to fly down there and sweat my ass off in that heat and watch a loss. Not worth it anymore with a roster like this one.

Welp, the Florida offense looks quite offensive once again.

They are going to take some severe lumps this year.

I'm waiting to start it so I can fast forward through the rage. After last game you just knew it was going to be another long season. Mullen going with Franks (while losing Corral) is not going to be a feather in his cap.

CSU is imploding in between some nice passing plays of theirs.

I figure the heat and humidity would wear them down and Florida cake walks in the end.

Nice blocked punt just now.

Glad I waited and fast forwarded. That score was not because of offense ... but it seems clear they should run all day with the stable of quality backs and predicate the passing game off that. Franks is a pile of **** at QB. All you need to know.

8 DBs being out was pretty funny. At least Zuniga and Polite decided to show up and lessen the blow.

Well it happened. First time in my lifetime. I suppose it couldn't last forever, though there were times when it sure seemed like it would. Funny story, my buddy actually had a ticket for this one and ended up getting sick and had to stay home. Lucky bastard.

This team has some decent skill position talent, but they still look much like the last 8 years of lousy offense. Franks looks a little more polished than last year but is still making freshman errors. Line play is still very shaky which is a shame because it's wasting the talent of a legit NFL prospect in Scarlett.

Defensive front 7 looks like absolute ***. No penetration, blown off the ball, huge chunks of yardage on the ground all night, terrible tackling, no pressure on the QB. The studs that Muschamp recruited for this side of the ball are almost all gone. How much of a difference would CeCe Jefferson have made? Hard to tell. And now one of our best DBs may have a serious injury a few weeks before they hit the meat of this schedule.

Overall, this just really isn't a good team at all. Mac's "recruiting" (if you could even call it that) really put this roster behind the 8 ball. Couple that with Foley's refusal to keep up with rival programs' facility upgrades and it's little wonder why this program has fallen so far behind. I was a tad bit skeptical on the Mullen hire, but he largely gets a pass for this season with this ****ty roster.

Looks like I made the right call in passing on going to any games this year. Made a mistake going to the LSU game last year. Had a blast, but I spent an awful lot of money to fly down there and sweat my *** off in that heat and watch a loss. Not worth it anymore with a roster like this one.

Good to see you posting in the college forum again. Hope you'll post more often.

Well that was fun.

Having Reese and CeCe back there together made a major difference defensively. Still not a great unit, but the tackling was much better than it was a couple weeks ago and Chauncey and CJ are still playing some great ball. Liked seeing the pressure on the QB tonight and forcing the turnovers. It does come with a grain of salt though with how atrocious UT's line is.

Franks is growing up. Making much smarter decisions and some impressive throws. Needs to slide when running downfield though instead of trying to hurdle defenders. That **** made me wince. We have a very deep backfield and a decent group of WRs. If we get some consistency up front we just might have a mediocre unit on our hands. What Gator fan wouldn't take that after the last 8 years?

Next week should be a lot tougher. Starkville's been nothing but trouble for us over the years. I'm a little more confident about that one now, though LSU and UGA still should have their way with us good and hard. FSU might actually suck bad enough for us to have a shot at them though.

As a side note, holy **** is Tennessee bad. They might not win a game in conference play. Again. I don't know when I felt worse for them. Was it when they showed their 1st half drive chart which was all turnovers and a safety, or was it when it showed their next 3 games (@Georgia, @auburn, and Alabama)? At least they get Bama at home, so they might only lose by 50 instead of 60.

Click to enlarge. This legit may be my new desktop background.

DnvR6MqW0AEbQgG.jpg:large

Also one other thing. The play of the game for me was CJ forcing that fumble through the end zone. If UT had scored there, they might have had a shot to get back in it. After that happened I really think they just quit. You could see it in their faces and their body language. And that's why you never give up on a play.

So much fun watching the Vols on the receiving end of a beating. Thought they might still be a little sour after how the last one ended. That team is not good.

Franks is still trash but there's enough NFL talent on the roster to keep the season interesting. Reese and Jefferson were def huge returns and both made a few big plays. Agreed on the play from Henderson too ... his job got a lot harder with Wilson going down and it was good to see him step up.

Not getting my hopes up about anything but also good to see Kentucky playing well. It helps.

My what a pleasant surprise.

There was never a point between the time I looked at the schedule for this season when it came out months ago and the opening kickoff tonight that I had a whole lot of confidence we'd win this one. That was in part because of our lousy history in Starkville and in part because this roster just isn't quite there yet.

Could not have been more impressed with the effort from the D tonight. That secondary was already depleted before Dean got tossed for targeting. Zuniga was a monster in the 2nd half and that safety blitz on 4th down at the end was just the icing on the cake.

Franks has progressed to the point of being a competent QB. I'll take it. The RB-by-committee approach is working and that trick play TD pass from Toney to Stephens was beautiful.

I think the loss this season may have been the kick in the ass this team needed. The improvement, particularly defensively has been stark. Bring on LSU. I do still think they'll beat us, but maybe we can make a game of it now. At least I'm not worrying about bowl eligibility now.

Who saw that **** coming? Not this guy. We've got a coach if Franks turns the corner. Coaching up QBs has been the Tebow curse.

Zuniga and Polite look like they're on their way. They'll be shooting up draft boards here shortly.

****, maybe I should pick against us every week.

Just finished the game. Had to bail mid-way through the 3rd quarter and turned the radio feed off in my car at the start of the 4th. That one got pretty wild. It seems like this game is seldom a blowout, but we often seem to blow the close ones with LSU so it's nice to get a win this time.

This defensive unit is now almost completely unrecognizable from the one that let Kentucky ram the ball down their throats. Zuniga, Polite, Joseph, and Chauncey were all spectacular in this one. It's not out of the ordinary for a unit to improve as the season progresses, but I'm just shocked at how quickly they were able to turn it around.

Franks is at the point now where I'm not scared of what will happen when the offense takes the field. That hasn't been true around here for a long time. That INT in the end zone was pretty terrible though. I think Gary Danielson had it right on the broadcast. Just got a little greedy. I always thought Scarlett was our best back and he may still be, but Perine did an excellent job shouldering the bulk of the load.

This game reminded me a lot of our last two wins in this series (2012, 2016) where we thought the program may have finally turned a corner. Hoping this one isn't fool's gold too. Now I wish I had gone to this one. Oh well. Will just have to pick one for next year. Have to avoid the letdown next week to set up a showdown in Jacksonville.

Last edited:
I love Dan Mullen's in game adjustments.

He has toughened up this team, improved Franks a good bit and allowed that defense to play some lights out ball.

Whoda thunk we beat LSU after Kentucky?

Boys, I think we have a coach :hclap:

Back
Top Bottom