********** gator football *********** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

I was half hoping they would actually just let a fight break out in the 2nd quarter there. Haven't had one of those since FSU in '03 I think. The worst part was that hit didn't even look like it was targeting to me. Looked more like a shoulder-to-shoulder hit and his head just came down.

What a luxury the kicking game is. Townsend scared the hell out of me on that fake punt, not just whether or not he'd get it, but still fighting for yards at the end. Dude, you're a punter. The fight's over. Get down.

I'm just astonished at how Grantham has gotten this defense to play like this. The adjustments made after that sluggish start and Joseph's ejection kept us in the game.

Turnovers were a huge problem. Vandy really shouldn't have even been in this game. That first half was the first time Franks looked truly bad since Kentucky. He tightened it up in the 2nd half, but getting in a hole like that against Georgia will be a lot tougher to climb out of.

The OL has improved quite a bit themselves. With the talent we have at the skill positions, this offense can really produce if they keep the turnovers down and the OL keeps playing like that. Our backfield is deep enough that Scarlett and Perine can stay both relatively fresh and have monster days like today because Pierce can handle the rock too.

Bowl eligible before the bye. Forgot what that was like. Hope too many people didn't bail on their Georgia tickets when it looked like this team was gonna suck. This one is gonna be a street fight.

I was half hoping they would actually just let a fight break out in the 2nd quarter there. Haven't had one of those since FSU in '03 I think. The worst part was that hit didn't even look like it was targeting to me. Looked more like a shoulder-to-shoulder hit and his head just came down.

What a luxury the kicking game is. Townsend scared the hell out of me on that fake punt, not just whether or not he'd get it, but still fighting for yards at the end. Dude, you're a punter. The fight's over. Get down.

I'm just astonished at how Grantham has gotten this defense to play like this. The adjustments made after that sluggish start and Joseph's ejection kept us in the game.

Turnovers were a huge problem. Vandy really shouldn't have even been in this game. That first half was the first time Franks looked truly bad since Kentucky. He tightened it up in the 2nd half, but getting in a hole like that against Georgia will be a lot tougher to climb out of.

The OL has improved quite a bit themselves. With the talent we have at the skill positions, this offense can really produce if they keep the turnovers down and the OL keeps playing like that. Our backfield is deep enough that Scarlett and Perine can stay both relatively fresh and have monster days like today because Pierce can handle the rock too.

Bowl eligible before the bye. Forgot what that was like. Hope too many people didn't bail on their Georgia tickets when it looked like this team was gonna suck. This one is gonna be a street fight.

Vandy had a right to be pissed IMO. That block was the definition of targeting ... and there was more 'chippiness' out there. Gators were playing dirty and were trying to punk players from a team they thought they should be pounding. They were right about the last part.

But what the **** is the coach doing right by the Gator sideline yelling at Mullen for? Get off the ****in field. Vandy would've deserved every bit of the beating they got if a fight started there. **** was about to get crazy.

Still not even close to sold on Franks. Doesn't process the field well enough to depend on. No touch on his throws. I'm not the best QB evaluator out there but even I can see the glaring weaknesses in his game. I'm impressed Mullen has been able to get this much out of him tbh.

Wish Georgia didn't get beat handily. That sucked for us. They'll be ready to play.

Franks was very bad today. When they stuck Jones in there to take snaps I wanted them to leave him in.

Early mistakes were too much to overcome, even though we took the lead in the 2nd half.

Defense just got flat out worn down in the 2nd half. Losing CJ was effectively it for our secondary.

From this point the objective is to win out against a relatively soft remaining schedule and deal FSU a long-overdue ass-beating. SEC East now almost out of reach so let's just get to a good bowl game and march forward.

Not sober. Not home. Signing off now.

Not much to say, really. I'm surprised it was as close as it was after all the immediate turnovers. Franks is worse than garbage.

Franks being his usual self hurt Florida badly but the 2nd stringers at DB were terrible.

Perhaps we will get to see UGA get their asses kicked by Alabama (whom I despise).

Im new here, but a Gator fan. I wasnt all that mad about the game. I think Mullen is doing a phenomenal job. he is doing his best to hide Franks. The run game was pretty good again. The TD drive to get it to 10-7 was massive at the time. After 2 bad turnovers the game was in the balance pf getting away and they had a great drive to get it to 10-7. Then all momentum was lost not covering the tight end giving up 3 at the end of the half.
Man franks is bad when he has to put touch on anything. When he has to rip it he is fine, the second TD was a big time throw. But, hes not good. Mullen has him light years ahead of last year though. i think we have a bright future, and wish we brought in Mullen instead of Mcelwain.

Franks was very bad today. When they stuck Jones in there to take snaps I wanted them to leave him in.

Early mistakes were too much to overcome, even though we took the lead in the 2nd half.

Defense just got flat out worn down in the 2nd half. Losing CJ was effectively it for our secondary.

From this point the objective is to win out against a relatively soft remaining schedule and deal FSU a long-overdue ***-beating. SEC East now almost out of reach so let's just get to a good bowl game and march forward.

Not sober. Not home. Signing off now.
What was the deal with Stewart? Smoking weed or something?
If they can win out and go 10-2 or even 9-3 (as long as they beat FSU) it would be a very nice season.

It's the 3rd quarter and I'm out. Team looks not even remotely interested in being there. Franks sucks.

Franks should never play another snap for the Gators. Dude sux, I'm so over this kid.

Trask coming in and making it look easy. Well done! Go Gators!

I think Mullen screwed the pooch early by forcing the passing game on Franks early.

Florida should be embarrassed to lose to Missouri this badly. Again.

What was he, 9-22 for 84 yards? I believe every incomplete pass was an overthrow. He's trash and the playcalling should be so much more run heavy it's not even funny. Really bad playcalling in this and the Kentucky game. Mullen has too much faith in him it seems ... it's why he keeps calling passing plays on 1st down. And then on 2nd. And then again on 3rd. :nuke:

LB play has been considerably worse since Davis and Anzalone left. Those guys picked the wrong gap on repeat in this one.

Mizzou had a really good game plan and the Gators didn't adjust.

FFS.

Cant catch a damn break.

How many games does Jones have left before he loses his redshirt status?

I find myself rooting for an injury with Franks like I did with Driskel ... and Treon. I can't help it ... I hate him.

Back
Top Bottom