********** gator football *********** | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Hernandez is in the background somewhere looking for his pistol...

Tebow managed to put together a 4th quarter good enough to squeak by a squad of Mike Shula players.

Although this is one of my favorite plays of all time - right there with George Teague running down Lamar Thomas and taking the ball away from him on a night when a bunch of boys from Alabama ran all the talent from south Florida out of the Superdome in New Orleans.

#PickSix
#TownCreek, Alabama

Although this is one of my favorite plays of all time - right there with George Teague running down Lamar Thomas and taking the ball away from him on a night when a bunch of boys from Alabama ran all the talent from south Florida out of the Superdome in New Orleans.

You mean back in the 80's and 90's when you guys were irrelevant :lol:

Good times

You mean back in the 80's and 90's when you guys were irrelevant :lol:

Good times

Did you actually watch that game? The stiff breezes fumbled twice and Alabama recovered both of 'em only to get stiffed by the refs on both fumbles. Both times it led to TD drives that never should've happened.

They didn't leave it in the hands of the refs after that game.

Seems kinda sad to me that the fans of the other teams need to come in here to feel important. Could have sworn I saw other threads for Miami and the Nicktator's Little Debbie underwear stains lol.

If you saw the LSU/Florida shoe throw game, you have to watch this. Side still hurts from watching this.

Not a ton to add except damn it seems longer and longer between football seasons.

Not sold on Jones. Not even a little bit. He might even lose his job before the season ends.

Good to see Zach Carter showing up after the hype of the last few seasons. Looks like he's ready to earn that 1st round status we keep hearing about.

All eyes on defense after last year. How that D coordinator kept his job ... I just don't know. I got a little twitchy envisioning the big plays that look like they might happen again. There's a lot of passing rushing talent on this team that needs to show up and help out the secondary.

All in all, expectations aren't through the roof this year which is a good thing. I'm already looking around to see who might be looking for a D coordinator job next season.

Happy college football season, gents. Look forward to talking trash with the lot of ya.

I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Jones. The offense looked much crisper without him. Dude has a rocket arm but when you can't read a defense and are inaccurate, you shouldn't be starting.

Defense holds some promise but they gave up a tad too many plays.

Mullen getting a good rotation of players some experience was nice.

Not a ton to add except damn it seems longer and longer between football seasons.

Not sold on Jones. Not even a little bit. He might even lose his job before the season ends.

Good to see Zach Carter showing up after the hype of the last few seasons. Looks like he's ready to earn that 1st round status we keep hearing about.

All eyes on defense after last year. How that D coordinator kept his job ... I just don't know. I got a little twitchy envisioning the big plays that look like they might happen again. There's a lot of passing rushing talent on this team that needs to show up and help out the secondary.

All in all, expectations aren't through the roof this year which is a good thing. I'm already looking around to see who might be looking for a D coordinator job next season.

Happy college football season, gents. Look forward to talking trash with the lot of ya.
Richardson looks like he's the next big thing though I know he's a Freshman. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does with more of the playbook dialed up for him. If it were me, I would have him start this week during what is basically another tuner game as I think he gives us a better chance than Jones against Bama. WR's need some work. You can see a big drop of receiver talent without Towney and of course Pitts. Basically, this next game is more preseason before we get it rolling. Jones doesn't;t scare anybody. I know Mullen is trying to reference how much everyone wanted Tebow to start as a Freshman but Jones is no Chris Leak.

Jones probably gets one more game (USF) to figure it out. Then if it's a sh_tshow again, I think he looks long and hard at starting or at least splitting equal reps with AR-15...that kid is a beast, especially as a runner.

The defense was better..played off a lot in coverage but that's because they were playing very vanilla and didn't wanna show much for Bama in two weeks..no need to against FAU..still...shutout until the second and third stringers gave up 14 points in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Gonna need to be a hell of a lot better against USF (likely, even if they did get beat 45-0 at NC STATE) and obviously BAMA.

Hope we pack the Swamp against Bama..neutral game atmosphere has nothing on an away game in the SEC in Gainesville, no less...

Time will tell...

Last edited:
Keep a run oriented attack as your identity, and find a way to feed the ball to Jacob Copeland in the passing game.

Those are Florida’s keys to success on offense once SEC play starts.

Back
Top Bottom