*** Gators Football Thread *** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

BobDole

Suck it Trebek
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
figured it was about time to start one of these. my expectations are obviously ridiculous this season. our schedule ain't exactly cake - but it's not what it usually is. would've rather had ole miss on there again than one of those few mickey mouse games - 1 loss will potentially murder our chances at another BCS birth this year. but what can you do? i don't make the damn schedules.

so we looked pretty good yesterday. between moody, rainey, and demps - you'd have to be retarded to say there's a better rushing attack out there. not to mention tebow in that department. that's gonna be our bread and butter this year. that will also be one reason tebow won't get another heisman - that and he'll be taken out in the 2nd quarter many games like he was yesterday.

so what was it - like 63-3? not bad. can you imagine how many points we would've put up if we hadn't taken out most of our starters with 4 minutes left in the 2nd? like a billion points. cooper and nelson looked pretty good out there - i don't think there will be any fallout from losing harvin and murphy. the talent on offense is still crazy stacked. tebow looked pretty solid as well - there were a few drops that were an automatic 6 which would've helped him greatly in the stat department. no biggie.

then the defense. i predicted this will be one of the greatest defenses college football has ever seen. after watching CSU move the chains on us yesterday - with our 1st string D still in - i was taken aback a bit. they only put up 3 points but got way too many 1st downs for my liking. we tried blitzing a bunch at first - but after seeing all the quick outs and flats from CSU - we pretty much stopped. there was not one pass play the entire game that gave us enough time to get to the QB. smart on their part. our stud CB's - haden and jenkins - played well but too many of their guys caught passes for 1st downs. i know they were playing dangerous trying for picks and big plays - b/c it was CSU and they knew the safety help was there - but i was hoping for a better performance from them. all in all - the D looked solid but i saw flaws. i'm just gonna chalk it up to the D playing reckless b/c they knew they could and still get away with it.

the only regular season game that really scares me is LSU. they are the only team on our schedule that can match our speed and they constantly give us fits. will be watching them closely this year. mississippi state kind of does too - only b/c once a decade they come out of nowhere and fugg up our season. and of course alabama for the SEC title - that defense is nuts. best ILB duo in the country by a long shot.

so what are your thoughts on yesterday's game and the rest of the season? who scares you? do you think tebow will get another heisman? will the D live up to their potential?

if you're not a gator - you're gator bait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good game on Saturday FU. Why do you guys start the season with Charleston Southern and then Troy. And I dont even know who you play Week 3.

Are you guys really that bad that you need some preseason games?

This pathetic thread should be merged with the previous lame a$$ "Official Florida ga*tors Thread" that hasn't been touched since MAY 14, 2008. :tumbleweed:

Way to show up ga*tor fans. Did you finally feel it was appropriate to come out of the closet after pulling off a NC and then paying off weak opponents to hopefully insure a 2nd before Teblow leaves. Nice "business" move Foley. Though your right on one thing, your schedule isn't exactly cake, it's the fother muckin icing on top of cupcakes with sprinkles. So the University of Felons payed CSU $450,000 to show up Saturday which they gladly accepted. Why? So CSU could pay off there new 4 million doller multi-purpose facility. Not because they offer any kind of football competition thats for sure. Thug UF has not played a OOC game against a BCS conference school from outside of the state of Florida since 1991 when they played Syracuse. Another fact, the fake crocodiles have a FCS opponent scheduled every year until 2012. LAME.

Teblow wont win another Heisman because this award goes to college's best football player. Not some hyped up front page team leader who is surrounded by players who are clinging to their last year of college football eligibilty because they're too afraid to test the rough waters in the NFL.

ORANGE

GREEN

ORANGE

GREEN

You know, instead of nagging on the Gators... try the Seminoles... I mean, you UM fans are playing them... & honestly... the Gators are SO better than the Noles...

Other than that... It's not up to the Gators who they play... the reason they play these other cheesy teams is because those teams want to make big money seeing there teams going up against a high ranked team... and I know I'm right on this...

You know, instead of nagging on the Gators... try the Seminoles... I mean, you UM fans are playing them... & honestly... the Gators are SO better than the Noles...

Other than that... It's not up to the Gators who they play... the reason they play these other cheesy teams is because those teams want to make big money seeing there teams going up against a high ranked team... and I know I'm right on this...

Wrong. AD Jeremy Foley has complete control over who Thug UF plays. Link

UM and FSUcks showed the NCAA what week 1 is supposed to be all about.

good game last night UM fans. feel free to stay out of this thread and talk trash, as i don't go into your cane thread and do the same. you guys are gonna be good again at some point in time. no need to be bitter. let me enjoy our time in the sun.

good game last night UM fans. feel free to stay out of this thread and talk trash, as i don't go into your cane thread and do the same. you guys are gonna be good again at some point in time. no need to be bitter. let me enjoy our time in the sun.

Dude, you are SO right... some of us Gators fans like UM... so give it a rest on us...

It would be one thing if it were Noles fans doing this to us... then I would REALLY have a problem...

Dude, you are SO right... some of us Gators fans like UM... so give it a rest on us...

It would be one thing if it were Noles fans doing this to us... then I would REALLY have a problem...

agreed girly. i don't necessarily dislike miami - i nothing them. FSU and tennessee - not so much. can't wait to embarrass them both en route to yet another title. :up:

agreed girly. i don't necessarily dislike miami - i nothing them. FSU and tennessee - not so much. can't wait to embarrass them both en route to yet another title. :up:

hahaha... but for me, it would mean more if we totally destroyed the Noles... :up:

hahaha... but for me, it would mean more if we totally destroyed the Noles... :up:

i have the utmost confidence that we will.

after kiffin came out and said he would beat us - and called out urban - and then got caught for recruiting violations the very next day - i cannot wait for them to come get clobbered in the swamp this year. i'll be in gainesville to enjoy that one with whiskey in hand.

Back
Top Bottom