*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

south carolina today. ole ball coach always plays us tough - should be a good game. unfortunately, my sister's wedding is today so i'll have to record it. i hate missing gators and fins games. stupid wedding.

I bailed on my sister's wedding early to catch the Dolphins - Bengals game a couple of years ago. I didn't give a ****. I bailed early and heading back to my hotel in time for kickoff lol.

I bailed on my sister's wedding early to catch the Dolphins - Bengals game a couple of years ago. I didn't give a ****. I bailed early and heading back to my hotel in time for kickoff lol.

i bailed right after the ceremony to head down to miami for the fins game. i wasn't about to let 1 wedding mess up plans for 2 football games. i had a friend in the parking lot ready to immediately make the drive down - kind of like a getaway car. she wasn't overly happy that i left so quickly - or that i forgot my shoes so i had to rock my new balances.

Well we have two tune-ups before we see Alabama. Hopefully we can get the kinks worked out of our offense before then. Only two more games at The Swamp for our seniors. We'll get to see a lot of Brantley this weekend which is always exciting for me because I like this guy a lot. There will be no drop-off talentwise at the QB position next year.

Well we have two tune-ups before we see Alabama. Hopefully we can get the kinks worked out of our offense before then. Only two more games at The Swamp for our seniors. We'll get to see a lot of Brantley this weekend which is always exciting for me because I like this guy a lot. There will be no drop-off talentwise at the QB position next year.

i have a feeling we'll see an offense reminiscent of the old fun-n-gun from way back when. brantley's got a great arm and debose and thompson will be excellent receivers. as long as we get someone to replace addazio we'll be money on offense - and we'll never have to worry about defense with strong at coordinator.

Let me ask a question to Gator fans. I'm trying to figure out exactly why the offense seems to be struggling. I feel that it's 80% Addazio's fault. However, do you think the problem is that he's created an offensive scheme in which the players need to conform to? I'm just curious because it seems like a lot of the playcalls don't really fit, for example, Tebow's skill set. With the offensive playcalls this year, it appears as if Brantley would actually succeed what Tebow is doing. Don't get me wrong, I want Tebow back there 100%...I just think Addazio is sending some playcalls that don't make sense given the players we have back there. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.

And you're right...I can't wait for Andrew Debose. I sure wish we had him this year. How much more effective would those bubble screens be to Debose over Brandon James? lol. James just doesn't look comfortable on offense. The fact that he's one of our starting receivers shows how thin we are in that area.

Let me ask a question to Gator fans. I'm trying to figure out exactly why the offense seems to be struggling. I feel that it's 80% Addazio's fault. However, do you think the problem is that he's created an offensive scheme in which the players need to conform to? I'm just curious because it seems like a lot of the playcalls don't really fit, for example, Tebow's skill set. With the offensive playcalls this year, it appears as if Brantley would actually succeed what Tebow is doing. Don't get me wrong, I want Tebow back there 100%...I just think Addazio is sending some playcalls that don't make sense given the players we have back there. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.

And you're right...I can't wait for Andrew Debose. I sure wish we had him this year. How much more effective would those bubble screens be to Debose over Brandon James? lol. James just doesn't look comfortable on offense. The fact that he's one of our starting receivers shows how thin we are in that area.

i think it's 100% addazio myself. cooper and nelson ain't exactly world beaters out there - but they've got more talent than addazio is giving them credit for. we hardly throw the ball more than ten yards - when we actually decide to throw the ball. he just milks the talent we have at RB with moody, james, rainey, demps - and might as well include tebow - and shows no creativity with the passing game. there is absolutely no balance on offense - teams know we're gonna run the ball 75% of the time and that's exactly what we do. and when we do throw the ball it's 5 yard outs and bubble screens every damn time. granted, cooper has let some bombs go right through his hands this year - but that's still no excuse. there's no way we'd be having the same problems on offense if mullen was still there.

addazio needs to go - plain and simple. he's brainless and predictable. next year with brantley, debose, and thompson starting we should be a pass happy team - or at least find some balance at the very least. we'll still have a ton of talent at the RB position - but if we're smart we'll use the passing game to set up the running game and not vice versa.

Yeah, you make some very good points. For me, I'm going to give Addazio the benefit of the doubt for just ONE MORE season. If he sucks next year, then yeah, I want him out too. I think one of Addazio's other main problems is that he's still coach of the O-line. It's kind of ironic that the two weakest points of this Gator's team is offensive playcalling and the O-line's play. It's not like we lost guys on the O-line. We have future NFL players on that line. It's obvious he can't coach BOTH.

Seems to me that our playbook consists of about 10 plays. Dive left/right, Tebow left/right, Shovel left/right, Sprint option left/right, TE screen, and then there's THE downfield pass. And every now and then we'll run something out of the I. Really wish we could see more of that. I think our O will be much more vertical with JB4 next year. James is exactly one notch above being completely useless on offense. Can't wait to see Debose next year.

brantley's gonna be/is sick. the people that 'can't wait' until the gators suck next season will be in for a rude awakening.

brantley's gonna be/is sick. the people that 'can't wait' until the gators suck next season will be in for a rude awakening.

All very true. We will not suck next year, but I do expect us to take a step back. Next year's schedule is a little tougher and I won't be surprised if we drop a couple games. We're about to lose a lot of talent on D. But we're still gonna be a pretty damn good football team. That said, I do think we'll reload after that season and be ready to make another run at a title in 2011. As long as Urb keeps bringing in top-tier recruiting classes, we'll be just fine. The real J12 wears orange and blue, and his name is John Brantley IV. Not that imposter that Miami has who had about six passes that should have been picks today.

All very true. We will not suck next year, but I do expect us to take a step back. Next year's schedule is a little tougher and I won't be surprised if we drop a couple games. We're about to lose a lot of talent on D. But we're still gonna be a pretty damn good football team. That said, I do think we'll reload after that season and be ready to make another run at a title in 2011. As long as Urb keeps bringing in top-tier recruiting classes, we'll be just fine. The real J12 wears orange and blue, and his name is John Brantley IV. Not that imposter that Miami has who had about six passes that should have been picks today.

it should be interesting b/c we're gaining a lot of talent on O - especially at WR - and losing a lot on D. i'm not overly worried about the D b/c of how good our back ups are. the guy taking spikes' place - bostic - is gonna be the next in a long line of great gator ILB's. i can't even remember the last time we didn't have a stud in the middle. we've got jenkins coming up at OLB - who was in the very top of that talent pool - so not worried there. we've got a few ends i've been waiting to see for a while - we have that position in the bag every year. the real killer will be losing haden, wright, and black - but with the other jenkins and will hill back - i think we'll still be good. and any charlie strong coached defense is gonna be sick - which goes without saying.

we'll definitely take a step back on the defensive side of the ball - but i don't think it will be as big as most people think.

the people that 'can't wait' until the gators suck next season will be in for a rude awakening.

I won't hold my breath.

That said, I do think we'll reload after that season and be ready to make another run at a title in 2011.

Put down the kool-aid and back away from the cooler. :lol:

The real J12 wears orange and blue, and his name is John Brantley IV. Not that imposter that Miami has who had about six passes that should have been picks today.

You man the same QB who had an injured thumb on his throwing hand which was in a soft cast earlier in the week and still threw for 348 yards/2 TD's and led his team to victory.
Oh that impostor. :oops:

Too bad Brantley wont be be able to play FIU every week and have the same joke of a schedule that your current gimpy armed fullback has faced.

Back
Top Bottom