*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

I won't hold my breath.

Put down the kool-aid and back away from the cooler. :lol:

You man the same QB who had an injured thumb on his throwing hand which was in a soft cast earlier in the week and still threw for 348 yards/2 TD's and led his team to victory.
Oh that impostor. :oops:

Too bad Brantley wont be be able to play FIU every week and have the same joke of a schedule that your current gimpy armed fullback has faced.
17 INTs. The most in the ACC.

Sure J12 won't play FIU every week, but Noodle-arm Harris isn't gonna face Duke, UCF, or FAMU every week either. Yeah good job leading your team to a win over Duke, Noodle-arm. That's always a big win for your program.....when you're playing basketball.

And you can boast about your schedule all you want, but how you play is more important than who you play. Randy Shannon=Ron Zook. J12>Noodle-arm Harris, and it's not even close.

Oh by the way, sweet tarps guys. You gonna bring those with you to your bowl game along with both of your fans?

Gator fans are so un original they have to steal a nickname from a Miami QB. What exactly has Brantley done?

Gator fans are so un original they have to steal a nickname from a Miami QB. What exactly has Brantley done?
He hasn't had very many opportunities yet, but when he has played, he's been pretty good. He and noodle-arm both have two years of eligibility left. I can assure you that in those two seasons, he will throw for more TDs and fewer jacories (INTs) than noodle-arm will.

How does a QB with a "noodle arm" throw for 3003 yards, which is top 10 in the nation, and 21 TD's? I think you have Jacory mistaken for your fullback. Has Teblow even thrown for 2000 yards this season? I'll save you the trouble on that one... NO. Jacory has thrown multiple TD's in 8 of 11 games, Teblow 3 of 11. Heisman candidate my ***. If he does happen to pull off that popularity trophy, he better come right back to Ga*nesville and hand it off to his defense. Right now there's no point in arguing about Brantley. He's an unknown commodity. Save that trash for next year.

BTW, I'm more than happy with our fan base. At least when I meet a Cane fan I know he/she is for real.

He hasn't had very many opportunities yet, but when he has played, he's been pretty good. He and noodle-arm both have two years of eligibility left. I can assure you that in those two seasons, he will throw for more TDs and fewer jacories (INTs) than noodle-arm will.

They scored 10 points against Kentucky when Tebow left the game. That's pretty good? Or was it the points they scored against FIU after Tebow was pulled? IT WAS FIU!!! I'm not saying Jacory is the second coming, but right now I would take him over Brantley any day of the week purely based on what the two have shown on the field. Being a 5 star recruit or people speculating what you can do means absolutely nothing on the field.

How does a QB with a "noodle arm" throw for 3003 yards, which is top 10 in the nation, and 21 TD's? I think you have Jacory mistaken for your fullback. Has Teblow even thrown for 2000 yards this season? I'll save you the trouble on that one... NO. Jacory has thrown multiple TD's in 8 of 11 games, Teblow 3 of 11. Heisman candidate my ***. If he does happen to pull off that popularity trophy, he better come right back to Ga*nesville and hand it off to his defense. Right now there's no point in arguing about Brantley. He's an unknown commodity. Save that trash for next year.

BTW, I'm more than happy with our fan base. At least when I meet a Cane fan I know he/she is for real.

haha.

It's funny that you pull out stats that favor Harris, "OMG DURR HURR MULTIPLE TDs IN A GAME HARRIS PWNS TEBOW DURR!" and completely neglect to mention other equally arbitrary stats that favor Tebow--how many games does Harris have with a rushing and passing TD?

you cane guys are funny acting like tebow isn't one - if not the - best college football players of all time. you're telling me you guys wouldn't be on your knees with the rest of us if he was in miami? yeah right.

jacory is the best QB the canes have had in a long time - if he had the defense that dorsey did you guys would be competing for another title - so i can't fault him for the trouble in miami this year. but just wait until brantley comes in next year - then we can have the comparison conversation for real - and it won't be close.

you cane guys are funny acting like tebow isn't one - if not the - best college football players of all time. you're telling me you guys wouldn't be on your knees with the rest of us if he was in miami? yeah right.

jacory is the best QB the canes have had in a long time - if he had the defense that dorsey did you guys would be competing for another title - so i can't fault him for the trouble in miami this year. but just wait until brantley comes in next year - then we can have the comparison conversation for real - and it won't be close.

I think JHarris has the natural talent to be a heisman winner and an NFL starter. The kid is that good.

Problem?

He doesn't have the coaching/mentoring needed to really iron out some of his bad tendencies. Next year (or two) will be exactly like this year only Shanny gets the axe, which he won't, but I wish he would.

This is coming from a Gator/Nole/Cane fan. I grew up in Miami watching the Canes then attended both FSU and UF.

I think JHarris has the natural talent to be a heisman winner and an NFL starter. The kid is that good.

Problem?

He doesn't have the coaching/mentoring needed to really iron out some of his bad tendencies. Next year (or two) will be exactly like this year only Shanny gets the axe, which he won't, but I wish he would.

This is coming from a Gator/Nole/Cane fan. I grew up in Miami watching the Canes then attended both FSU and UF.

i think he's pretty damn good myself - but i don't know about the heisman/NFL stuff. he stares down receivers like none other and has that chris leak rainbow under his deep passes. their coaching sucks - and better coaching can help with some of his flaws - but not all of them. if the U can muster any type of a defense during his tenure they'll be a contender - i will say that.

you're a gator, nole, and cane fan? that's ... interesting. that's an uncomfortable menage a trois b/n three teams that aren't fans of one another - with two intense rivalries thrown in the mix. crazy.

i think he's pretty damn good myself - but i don't know about the heisman/NFL stuff. he stares down receivers like none other and has that chris leak rainbow under his deep passes. their coaching sucks - and better coaching can help with some of his flaws - but not all of them. if the U can muster any type of a defense during his tenure they'll be a contender - i will say that.

you're a gator, nole, and cane fan? that's ... interesting. that's an uncomfortable menage a trois b/n three teams that aren't fans of one another - with two intense rivalries thrown in the mix. crazy.

As I got older, even before I went through the schools my hatred for all three teams hated.

At the end of the day, I'm a huge FLORIDA SPORTS fan. I love the state. Sure, in pro sports in general the heat, marlins, phins, and panthers are MILES in front of the other cities, but at the end of the day I rather root for a Florida team than anyone else. In college too... I root for USF/UCF/FIU/FAU if not playing UF/FSU/UM.

A nice whipping to end the reg. season. 12-0 and six in a row. Bring on the Tide.

auburn did us a solid and displayed how bama can be a very beatable team. just have someone shadow ingram and make mcelroy beat you. it doesn't get more average than mcelroy - and julio jones can only help out so much. if we can stop ingram alabama will have a very long day.

oh yeah - and whatever you do - don't kick the ball to arenas. if stupid auburn hadn't kept letting him eat their lunch they would've come away with a W. i'm glad bama won though - i want them to undefeated when we play. makes the victory even sweeter.

great send off for tebow today. i love how he wanted to end his career in the swamp with a jump pass. too bad hernandez got tackled coming off the line.

the real national championship takes place in atlanta next week. just for the hell of it i'll go 24-21 florida. close game that comes down to the wire. and then a gang raping against texas in that 'game'.

auburn did us a solid and displayed how bama can be a very beatable team. just have someone shadow ingram and make mcelroy beat you. it doesn't get more average than mcelroy - and julio jones can only help out so much. if we can stop ingram alabama will have a very long day.

oh yeah - and whatever you do - don't kick the ball to arenas. if stupid auburn hadn't kept letting him eat their lunch they would've come away with a W. i'm glad bama won though - i want them to undefeated when we play. makes the victory even sweeter.

great send off for tebow today. i love how he wanted to end his career in the swamp with a jump pass. too bad hernandez got tackled coming off the line.

the real national championship takes place in atlanta next week. just for the hell of it i'll go 24-21 florida. close game that comes down to the wire. and then a gang raping against texas in that 'game'.

To be fair....Arenas only had 1 kick return period.... and 1 so-so big punt return.....Auburn did try to avoid kicking it to Arenas....that's why they kicked it out of bounds twice to open the game on kickoffs....giving Bama the ball at the 40 yard line twice...

If Ingram isn't healthy (hip pointer) that's a big blow to Bama's offense IMO....but McElroy did perform in the clutch when he had to...when the game was on the line...throwing only 1 incompletion on a 15 play, 7 minute drive to ice it with a touchdown pass...without Ingram....don't fall asleep on that rolling ball of butcher knives Trent Richardson...he can get the job done...

I'm curious to see what Saban cooks up for Tebow and that offense....that offensive line has proven that they have trouble protecting him...

I wonder if he'll blitz more....or drop 7-8 guys into coverage and force Tebow to read the defense the way Tennessee did....resulting in 3 sacks, a fumble...a INT...and only 115 yards passing...

Should be another classic....I think it deserves it's own thread this week....:lol:......this IS the real national championship game...

Also, Julio can only be so effective when he's being covered by Joe Haden. Ingram not being healthy hurts Bama, but that backup RB is just as good as he is. We lost Percy before last year's game and adjusted just fine, so I think Bama will be ok. Should be a great game. Can't wait.

I'm really enjoying this rivalry with Florida....It's usally for all the marbles.
I've found most Gator fans to be great football fans,(they know what it takes to play
in the SEC).
Most nuts i've listened to are are usally Dolphins fans that just keep yelling against
Saban"He Left us.He left us...over and over like little girls"they pull for Fla.,but
really hate them because their usally cane or FSU fans.
Then there are the meatheads who pull for Bama just cause they hate Fla.(back to
to the Cane or FSU statement)even though they hate Saban,they just Fla. more.
This is the two best teams,the two best coaches,go settle it on the field and may
the best team win...NO SILLY LIP FLAPPING.

Back
Top Bottom