Gators Leak, Jackson debating Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gators Leak, Jackson debating Draft

I think we might see a good chunk of juniors leaving early this year. If you are a juinior and your stock is high, it might be a good financial move to leave this year, especially if you think you are on a team that might not be able to get better next year.

The CBA expires and the new CBA could crack down on Rookie signing bonuses. We have no idea how MUCH it will crack down for rookies, or even if it will crack down on rookies at all, or what it will crack down on. It might only crack down on guaranteed money and it might not even effect a post top 10 draft pick. Right now its all speculation as to what is going to happen but im sure its something that the college Juniors have an interest in.

it would be a good move for jackson. this is a very weak wide reciever class and he or holmes would most likely be the first taken. next year, w/ jarrett, johnson, and maybe ginn, jackson could slide down to 4 or 5.

Philter25 said:
I think we might see a good chunk of juniors leaving early this year. If you are a juinior and your stock is high, it might be a good financial move to leave this year, especially if you think you are on a team that might not be able to get better next year.

The CBA expires and the new CBA could crack down on Rookie signing bonuses. We have no idea how MUCH it will crack down for rookies, or even if it will crack down on rookies at all, or what it will crack down on. It might only crack down on guaranteed money and it might not even effect a post top 10 draft pick. Right now its all speculation as to what is going to happen but im sure its something that the college Juniors have an interest in.

Yeah lets hope Quinn is thinking the same thing.

IMO Jackson will leave because of the extremely week WR class this year.

Leak will most definitly stay, although i wish both would leave

Nappy Roots said:
IMO Jackson will leave because of the extremely week WR class this year.

Leak will most definitly stay, although i wish both would leave

All depends what happens between now and then. I'll try and find the article I was reading the other day. It was saying how Florida is high up on one of the top ranked QB prospects in the nation, Tim Tebow, or something like that. Plus they have been talking to ex-Vol Brent Schaeffer about a return to the SEC. Not to mention backup Josh Portis. all of which are much better suited for Meyer's offense than Leak.

SpeedRush99 said:
All depends what happens between now and then. I'll try and find the article I was reading the other day. It was saying how Florida is high up on one of the top ranked QB prospects in the nation, Tim Tebow, or something like that. Plus they have been talking to ex-Vol Brent Schaeffer about a return to the SEC. Not to mention backup Josh Portis. all of which are much better suited for Meyer's offense than Leak.
You're right about Leak and the system, Portis does fit better with Urban. But even with that being said, Leak is the better QB out of all of them. And it is Tebow who we are interested in...Imagine that...I get to watch my Gators and Tebow on my brand new TeVo

i've heard tebow has bama and florida high on his list has anyone heard anything concerning which way he's leaning regarding the two schools

jnewmant said:
i've heard tebow has bama and florida high on his list has anyone heard anything concerning which way he's leaning regarding the two schools

That is still the list, with LSU on there also I believe.

jnewmant said:

I heard he was at the UF/FSU game and was impressed. Florida has had 5+ commits since that game. Not only a big win on the field but a big one with recruiting!

I think its very possible Schaeffer becomes a Gator. System fits him perfect, plus he'll be able to stick it to Fat Fulmer.

Leak should leave/transfer. Hes too slow for that spread option attack. Does suck for him, just as he got Zooks system down and started producing very good numbers. He turns around and has to learn another system.

ether79 said:
That is still the list, with LSU on there also I believe.
well the reason i didn't include lsu is because they signed perilloux last year

Back
Top Bottom