Gauging Josh Rosen Should Be Top Priority In Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gauging Josh Rosen Should Be Top Priority In Miami

I find this stat quite interesting: opponents called a pass play 65% of the time against the Patriots while our opponents called a pass play only 52% of the time.
That makes sense, trailing teams have more incentives to throw the ball. That actually makes it easier for the defense as they can focus on pass defense more without giving up much in the running game. Im actually surprised that their sack PCT is so low. This is why Im not sold on Flores yet, I mean its looking good right now, but I want to see what his defense looks like on a team other than the Pats. Teams play the Pats differently, they come into the game knowing they'll have to score a **** ton of points to even stand a chance. This wont be the case vs the Dolphins, at least not this season IMO

My own personal opinion is you have to start Rosen. This is a rebuild not a championship team. You have to know if Rosen is future or if you need to draft a QB high next year. Fitz gets us to the playoffs comments to me are ridiculous. Maybe he wins a few extra games but all that does is take high QB pick out of reach. We haven't won **** since 1974 I want this rebuild to finally be done correctly and to me starting Fitz isn't right thing to do.

The worse case scenario is if this joke of a F.O. and our new coach decide to play Fitz late into the season, whether Rosen has handily won the competition or not, so they can chase meaningless wins. if that happens, then you'd lose valuable development time for Rosen AND hurt their draft position and cost them a chance at Fromm who imo is the clear best QB in college football coming out next year. Of course, someone will come out of nowhere and join that conversation but Tua isn't in it. Hebert isn't either. So 1 win could be the difference between getting the next Andrew Luck or the next Dak Prescott and we all should know only one of them is a franchise QB.

I don't think gauging Rosen is a priority at all. Given we are paying him less than backup money make him a backup if needed.

Figuring out the long term QB situation is however a priority and if you lose this season it's going to be round 1 draft pick so either way it should work itself out.

Gauging Rosen is absolutely a huge part of the equation...he was a top ten pick in 2018...if he thrives you don’t select a QB in the first round...if he is less that impressive...you draft a QB ...nothing more critical

Gauging Rosen is absolutely a huge part of the equation...he was a top ten pick in 2018...if he thrives you don’t select a QB in the first round...if he is less that impressive...you draft a QB ...nothing more critical

Agree. What some don't realize is a lot of the "gauging" has already happened and is happening. No, certainly not the 'live bullets' gauging, but they have a good idea of his technique, strengths/weaknesses, mental ability, work ethic, blah, blah. All that gauging is behind them. Now comes the 'live bullets' - how will he do against people he hasn't seen every day. How will he do against the opponent's 1s (I hope we find out). Making up a number, 3/4 of the gauging is done. The coaches, like the fans, want to see him in action.

Back
Top Bottom