Gems released by other teams... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gems released by other teams...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Browns have released TE Rickey Dudley. He's a turd and he's never done anything but disappoint, but like Mayes he's got "all the potential in the world"

The Browns have ALSO released OG Tre Johnson. Tre was a pro bowler under Norv Turner with Washington and he was expected to start for Cleveland. With Leon Searcy's imminent release we should be beginning talks with Tre Johnson's agent about coming to the Phins to back us up at both guard spots, as I have no faith in Troy Andrew.

The 49ers have cut former 1st round DT Reggie McGrew. He's also been a turd since his drafting, but potential is potential, and this is the 4th DT spot we're talking about here. This one's a long shot though because he goes onto waivers and we're quite frankly, as Spielman says "not in the pecking order" on that.

Tre has never healed completely and is now only a shell of his former self.

Not really. He is what he is. He's a mauler that eats people alive against the running game but is slow and gets beaten in pass protection. He's Jamie Nails. Norv uses guys like that well.

I think we need another OL. The WannSpiel seems to think that we're fine with the guys we've got. But I mean, who? Troy Andrew, Seth McKinney, and Marcus Spriggs? I think Seth McKinney is special and has been underrated throughout the preseason, however he's still a rook...

As another update, the Denver Broncos have released TE Desmond Clark. He had a decent fantasy season last year but was replaced by Shannon Sharpe's coming home.

QB Dave Dickenson has been cut from the San Diego Chargers...which surprises me. Dickenson played in the CFL and led his team to the Grey Cup title. At one point Spielman was taking a look at both he and Henry Burris, both of the CFL. Burris had what Spielman called possibly the strongest arm he'd ever seen. He's got quickness too. BUT, he's sucked ever since he got to the Bears and they decided to keep him over QB Ken Mastrole in a photo finish. Dickenson unlike Burris had smallish size and not as great an arm (though good) and all he's done since playing for the Chargers, is make plays and score TDs (unlike Brees and Flutie). We have Sage now, and don't need a Dickenson on the roster, and when it comes to psquads I think the Chargers have control on that one...but its still interesting that he was released.

DT Mao Tosi has been released by the Cardinals.

The Packers have released Jeff Blackshear. He's started on various offensive lines before. A slow mauler type.

Jason Taylor's personal matador...MAX LANE....has been released by the Texans. :)

Also, KC OT Willie Roaf was arrested for DWI.

Yeah I would have pointed it out that Max Lane was released but lets face it...HEATH IRWIN once beat Max Lane for a starting job on the Patriots offensive line. And now, he's been released by the expansion Texans. It doesn't get much worst than that...

You think Roaf's gonna be released now because of that or were you just puttin it out there for sh!ts and giggles?

Sh*ts and giggles. :) Just remember some getting upset that we didn't even make a move for this guy.....even though he failed a physical with the Texans and has lots of questions about his personal life.

BTW - Ricky Williams and Jerry Wilson have been released by the Saints.

Also, they released a nice sized LB named Jonathan Jackson (6-1, 248). Wonder if he's worth a look.

Maybe. Probably depends on what Jackson did against us when he played us. The coaches are quite partial to players who show us up when we play them (Jay Williams, Larry Chester, Jamie Nails, etc).

Denver just cut DE Michael Sinclair. He's another guy the Phins flirted with, but went for Burnett instead. Good move.

Tre Johnson hasn't played and he WAS a mauler, now he's injury prone, slow and has terrible knees.

Players don't stay the same forever you know, Tre is done. Stick a fork in em.

"Dinner" Tre Johnson?? Yup, stick a fork in him. lol.

The Jags have released WR Darnay Scott.

THoughts?? :)

Back
Top Bottom