Gene Upshaw's salary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gene Upshaw's salary

Sethdaddy8

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Watching HBO's outside the lines. Gene Upshaw came up, and how he basically just has the interests of the current players, and doesn't care about the retired and medically needy veterans. Maybe its in his job description, maybe it isn't...but the guy gets 3 million a year as head of the Players Union....nice cheddar.

Watching HBO's outside the lines. Gene Upshaw came up, and how he basically just has the interests of the current players, and doesn't care about the retired and medically needy veterans. Maybe its in his job description, maybe it isn't...but the guy gets 3 million a year as head of the Players Union....nice cheddar.

1) he's right. He answers to the current players.

2) Where he was wrong is he forgot where he came from and he is screwing over his former teammates.

With so much money the NFL and players have floating around, it is a disgrace and embarassing that ex-players must suffer in pain and die without getting the necessary treatment. Upshaw could talk to the current players and explain to them why they MUST fork over some more money to help the former guys who paved the way to them.

I got no problem with Upshaw's salary. It means nothing in the big picture of the problem

Kind of suprised that the NFL does not do more for its retired players. It is what made this game so great today. without the past players the NFL would not be where it is at today

1) he's right. He answers to the current players.

2) Where he was wrong is he forgot where he came from and he is screwing over his former teammates.

With so much money the NFL and players have floating around, it is a disgrace and embarassing that ex-players must suffer in pain and die without getting the necessary treatment. Upshaw could talk to the current players and explain to them why they MUST fork over some more money to help the former guys who paved the way to them.

I got no problem with Upshaw's salary. It means nothing in the big picture of the problem

Yea, if you read my post, I don't have a problem with it either. I was just shocked at how well that position pays. Whats the commish post take in ?

Back
Top Bottom