General NCAA thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

I really don't see anyone coming out of the SEC undefeated, MSU will lose to Alabama or Ole Miss or Georgia in the SEC Championship.

There will be at least two, 2 loss teams in the SEC who are worthy of a top 4 spot not get in.

There will be at least two, 2 loss teams in the SEC who are worthy of a top 4 spot not get in.
You are probably correct. I like this playoff better than the BCS system but still would rather have a bigger playoff. However there will always be arguments over who received the final spot over some other team. Right now, I see FSU, the Iron Bowl winner, Mississippi State, and either Oregon or Michigan State. However, Mississippi State could fall out as they have the toughest road ahead.

It's entirely possible that the SEC beats up on itself and only puts one team in the playoff. It's also possible that they put three in there, who knows?

Miss St down 10-7 at the half against Arkansas. Upset brewing in the SEC west perhaps?

This Auburn - Ole Miss game is really good.

Hated to see the Treadwell injury... Gus Malzahn is a Jedi...

This Auburn - Ole Miss game is really good.

Ole Miss got screwed in that game. I hate to see it when an entire group of people,(officials, replay officials, and game announcers) do not demonstrate higher level thinking, and completely miss something.

On the play in which the WR lost the ball at the 1 yard line, appeared to break his leg/ankle, and Auburn recovered in the end zone, the player was down before he fumbled the ball. If I am not mistaken, a part of the body being down aside from the foot and/or hand, constitutes the player being ruled down. In college, the player does not even have to be down by contact, but this part is not in question. What I am questioning is whether or not the players leg or ankle constitutes him being ruled as down. If you watch the replay, the WR's leg or ankle is clearly touching the playing surface as it is possibly broken on the play as well. To me, this would make him officially down just as if the player's forearm or the back of his wrist would make him down. There is clear contact with the playing surface of a body part other than just his foot on that play before the ball is fumbled.

IMHO, that should have been Ole Miss football at the 1 yard line. Strange ruling and an odd circumstance, but I think it would have been the correct one, nonetheless. I wonder if anyone else in the stadium or anyone else watching the game even realized this or if everyone was just caught up in the unusual and difficult circumstance of the play.

Found some evidence of what I am talking about.............

laquontreadwellinjury-1.jpg

1613661-1.jpg

You can clearly see that part of Treadwell's leg is touching the playing surface while he still possesses the football. Ole Miss ball at the 1 yard line IMHO. Unless I see a rule book that states otherwise, the officials missed this one.

I think the ankle is considered to be part of the foot there. I have no problem with the call. Auburn just lucked out.

Ole Miss got screwed in that game. I hate to see it when an entire group of people,(officials, replay officials, and game announcers) do not demonstrate higher level thinking, and completely miss something.

On the play in which the WR lost the ball at the 1 yard line, appeared to break his leg/ankle, and Auburn recovered in the end zone, the player was down before he fumbled the ball. If I am not mistaken, a part of the body being down aside from the foot and/or hand, constitutes the player being ruled down. In college, the player does not even have to be down by contact, but this part is not in question. What I am questioning is whether or not the players leg or ankle constitutes him being ruled as down. If you watch the replay, the WR's leg or ankle is clearly touching the playing surface as it is possibly broken on the play as well. To me, this would make him officially down just as if the player's forearm or the back of his wrist would make him down. There is clear contact with the playing surface of a body part other than just his foot on that play before the ball is fumbled.

IMHO, that should have been Ole Miss football at the 1 yard line. Strange ruling and an odd circumstance, but I think it would have been the correct one, nonetheless. I wonder if anyone else in the stadium or anyone else watching the game even realized this or if everyone was just caught up in the unusual and difficult circumstance of the play.

Not only that but Auburn had 12 men on the field for this play and the refs missed it due to everything else that was going on.

One of the best receivers in the SEC suffered a terrible injury, and Ole Miss got shafted on a play that should never even have happened.

I think the ankle is considered to be part of the foot there. I have no problem with the call. Auburn just lucked out.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. They'd have to be legislating something new to have called that down.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Memphis may have the smoothest track to the AAC title...which probably is only interesting to me.

It would seem Georgia Southern will run away with the Sun Belt title but they could end up sharing it with UL-Lafayette.

A Boise State versus Nevada Mountain West Championship Game could make for some good television. The game they played earlier this year went 51-46 in Boise's favor. But that was on Nevada's homefield and the next matchup will be on Boise's field...and they're damn tough to beat there. Think it's only happened like 3 times in the last 5 years or something like that.

Flip a coin for the MAC Championship.

Back
Top Bottom