General NCAA thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

I do kind of feel bad for Louisville since they'll finish undefeated and won't even be a top 5 team. From what I know they at least tried to schedule some tough OOC games but they fell through. Likely their last season of relevance too assuming Bridgewater leaves.

Oh don't worry, "the U" will get another shot at us next season. Last time the Canes brought that arrogant bark without a bite schtick up here it didn't work out too well for them and I doubt next time will be much better. U of L is more than just Bridgewater. :lol:

Oh don't worry, "the U" will get another shot at us next season. Last time the Canes brought that arrogant bark without a bite schtick up here it didn't work out too well for them and I doubt next time will be much better. U of L is more than just Bridgewater. :lol:

I am really excited about Louisville in the ACC next year. That gives us 4 programs with top ten potential and five if Notre Dame decides to finally commit. Several others can be top 25 as well. Basketball will be sick as well, definitely best in the country. Go Noles!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Florida State back in the Top 5....headed to play #3 Clemson...should be a good one.

And while no one was looking Canes sneak back in at #10 in the AP.

I got it all figured out. FSU beats Clemson , Canes beat FSU and then VT at home.
Miami plays Clemson in the ACC title game as Florida gives the Noles a second loss. Miami beats Clemson and then Alabama in the nat title game.

a guy can dream cann't he :)

They beat a 7-6 Larry Coker team. So did everyone else. Congrats, I guess? You sound like a USF fan smh. I would tell you to "act like you've been there before" but you haven't so I'll be more understanding.

Louisville will never be heard from again after this season. They might remain a solid 3 loss team that could finish around 25th in the polls. At least they solidify ACC as best basketball conference by far though.

Hope I'm wrong as anything that improves the ACC is for the good. But doubt it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

They beat a 7-6 Larry Coker team. So did everyone else. Congrats, I guess? You sound like a USF fan smh. I would tell you to "act like you've been there before" but you haven't so I'll be more understanding.

Louisville will never be heard from again after this season. They might remain a solid 3 loss team that could finish around 25th in the polls. At least they solidify ACC as best basketball conference by far though.

Hope I'm wrong as anything that improves the ACC is for the good. But doubt it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Spoken like someone that has no clue about the University of Louisville. Get out of your bubble and do some research. Or quit trolling, either one.

Spoken like someone that has no clue about the University of Louisville. Get out of your bubble and do some research. Or quit trolling, either one.

Louisville has never ended a season ranked in the top 5. Fact. 0 national championships. Fact. Must be exciting for Louisville fans to be the new Boise. Having schedules where UCF is actually the best team they play and expect the big boys who have to play real teams to respect them. Respect is earned not given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Louisville has never ended a season ranked in the top 5. Fact. 0 national championships. Fact. Must be exciting for Louisville fans to be the new Boise. Having schedules where UCF is actually the best team they play and expect the big boys who have to play real teams to respect them. Respect is earned not given.

There is no doubt that Louisville's schedule is garbage this year. However, they did beat Florida last year. I am interested to see how they handle the ACC schedule next year as it should be fairly tough. It is one thing stepping up and beating a good team in a bowl game and another having to beat relatively good teams and some great teams every week. They will do fine, I am sure, but I expect at least one or two conference losses. No one will complain about their schedule next year.

Louisville has had good seasons here and there (Patrino's tenure comes to mind) and will continue to be a 10 win team for several reason....weaker conference, Charlie Strong (who I felt UF should have hired over Muschamp), and good recruiting (Hell, they took Teddy out of Miami's backyard)...While I don't think they have the talent to win a national championship they will not disappear after this season as some are saying....

Louisville has had good seasons here and there (Patrino's tenure comes to mind) and will continue to be a 10 win team for several reason....weaker conference, Charlie Strong (who I felt UF should have hired over Muschamp), and good recruiting (Hell, they took Teddy out of Miami's backyard)...While I don't think they have the talent to win a national championship they will not disappear after this season as some are saying....

Little known fact: When Louisville joins the ACC, that new TV money from the contract will push us up into the top 10 of revenue producing athletic departments in the NCAA. We have just as much money as any of the big boys. AD Tom Jurich is a former college football player and the football program is his baby. He made a bad hire when he brought Steve Kragthorpe in and the team took a hit for 3 years after Bobby won an Orange Bowl. U of L took full advantage of the move up to the Big East and the athletic depatment crushed it (other than the Kragthorpe years). I fully expect the same thing with the move to the ACC. The University of Louisville is no longer just a "basketball school".

This football program isn't "falling anywhere" anytime soon. The dept of talent on the team rivals any in the ACC. Next season we return most of our defense and a good chunk of our offense. Teddy's back up QB (Will Gardner) is a 4 star that was recruited by Alabama until he blew out his knee his senior year of high school. In the snaps he's gotten this season he already looks light years ahead of where he was at the spring game.

Teddy will get drafted this May. But the cupboard is far from bare, the team identity will just change. We'll resemble an SEC team more than anything else. We'll run it down your throat and play suffocating defense.

Everyone's got to start somewhere.

There is no doubt that Louisville's schedule is garbage this year. However, they did beat Florida last year. I am interested to see how they handle the ACC schedule next year as it should be fairly tough. It is one thing stepping up and beating a good team in a bowl game and another having to beat relatively good teams and some great teams every week. They will do fine, I am sure, but I expect at least one or two conference losses. No one will complain about their schedule next year.

I do expect an adjustment period both to the new conference and post-Teddy. Luckily we return a good chunk of our offense and defense to next year's team. We aren't starting over by any stretch of the means.

The schedule this season is what it is. We couldn't do much about it. Originall TCU and Boise were going to join the confrence and we had a couple of BCS level teams buy their way out of contracts with us. We tried to get Bama, A&M, and Ohio State on the schedule this year but it just didn't work out. Va Tech stayed in their game with Bama (we were going to take their place if they ducked out), it just didn't work out with A&M, and OSU just ducked us by scheduling SDST instead (no shocker there, they've been ducking us since we almost beat them in the 1980s.)

At this point I'm almost numb to the whole schedule thing. There's nothing we can do about it.

Highly doubt that considering Alabama's history. Hell I'm sure many of these Bama fans wish George Wallace was still standing in an Alabama doorway somewhere blocking negroes from getting an education.

All kidding aside, Alabama fans are the last ones to talk about a school's history. Living in glass houses. Now I'm sure you were kidding, but "Thug U" is so played out and hasn't been true for over a decade. It's annoying to hear other fans say it. The only "Thug U" I know is located in Gainesville.

Oh I know,almost as bad as people bringing up things from 40 plus years ago,plus its usually from people not old enough to remember it,just heard about it from some POS,left wing liberal,democrat...
Plus,i was in Miami in the early 70's....Fla. racism then was in Ala,and Miss's range too....

Everyone's got to start somewhere.

And that's fine. Like I said, Louisville will likely be a 2 loss type of team in the ACC that should consistently finish the season ranked, with some really good seasons in between. A lot like Virginia Tech actually which is nothing to be ashamed of. As long as Charlie Strong is there they should remain a good team. And like I said, anything that improves the ACC is fine by me.

But I do think next year will be rough for Louisville losing a great QB and having to play a much tougher schedule than they're used to. They likely could be playing 3 top 5-10 teams plus Notre Dame. The Louisville fans who think they should be playing for MNC this year just really irk me though and remind me a lot of the Boise supporters not long ago that really irked me as well. But like I also said, it is my understanding that they tried to play some tough OOC games but they fell through. To Boise's credit, they did too. Georgia and VT come to mind. So I do kind of feel sympathy for Louisville fans since this was likely their best shot for a MNC. What really interests me though is how long will Strong be there? I can't help but feel he'll have no problems leaving if the right team comes calling. Maybe even going to back to UF when Muschamp is inevitably fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I know,almost as bad as people bringing up things from 40 plus years ago,plus its usually from people not old enough to remember it,just heard about it from some POS,left wing liberal,democrat...
Plus,i was in Miami in the early 70's....Fla. racism then was in Ala,and Miss's range too....

I don't pay much mind to idiot democrats or idiot republicans personally. And I'm well aware of racism in Florida. Gainesville is as hick town as Tuscaloosa is and Miami had their own conflicts back in the day. Let's not sit here and act like plenty of racism doesn't still exist at the University of Alabama though. Obviously it's not nearly as bad as it once was. But using a played out term that hasn't been true for over a decade to bring down a school's history is throwing stones in a glass house for Alabama fans. This term gets used by a large number of every opposing fan base we play and it is truly tiring at this point. Especially when it comes from hypocrites like Gata fans... It's just slightly more annoying than all the ESPN 30 for 30 Cane fans talking about "swag" all the damn time. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom