General NCAA thread | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Duke fans love David Cutcliffe. Bowl eligible for the 5th time in 6 years and is all but guaranteed to retire there. Rumors are that he told Tennessee thanks, but no thanks on their opening.

Obviously Duke isn't a better job than Tennessee, but just a better fit for Cutcliffe in this stage of his life.

I personally have a ton of respect for him.
Cutcliffe is just a damn good coach. If he wanted to coach at a more prominent football school, he most certainly could. You hit the nail on the head that Duke is just a great fit for him and he is beloved there.

Cutcliffe, Brohm and now Dave Doeren have turned down Tennessee. Schiano was a solid choice and the govt officials and fans that scared the school away are reaping what they sow. They’re now interviewing Chad Morris and Kevin Steele, neither of which are at all impressive. They’d be better off removing the interim tag from Brady Hoke then going with either of those 2

Currie was just fired by the way. Hired on April 1 of this year.

Currie was just fired by the way. Hired on April 1 of this year.

I read this earlier and haven't stopped laughing. They're gonna let Fulmer come in and **** things up all over again? This time as the AD? So much yes.

Philip Fulmer was my introduction into internet memes ... him riding a donut saying something ridiculous. I welcome him back into the SEC east with open arms.

I read this earlier and haven't stopped laughing. They're gonna let Fulmer come in and **** things up all over again? This time as the AD? So much yes.

Philip Fulmer was my introduction into internet memes ... him riding a donut saying something ridiculous. I welcome him back into the SEC east with open arms.

Old boys' network in full effect. It's why I can't help but laugh at the events there, in Tennessee, and in Arizona.

Old boys' network in full effect. It's why I can't help but laugh at the events there, in Tennessee, and in Arizona.

I laughed at Tennessee hiring Fulmer because I hate them. And the Leach news ... that's gold, Jerry!

My reaction to Herm being signed was more of genuine confusion. Why does ASU hate their football team so much?

I laughed at Tennessee hiring Fulmer because I hate them. And the Leach news ... that's gold, Jerry!

My reaction to Herm being signed was more of genuine confusion. Why does ASU hate their football team so much?

AD Ray Anderson is trying to save his job, so went with the desperation flashy move by hiring a coach he once represented as an agent. The only ones happy with the move are the super homers who would be giddy even if they hired Jerry Sandusky (hey Tennessee, that might be the way to get back into the good graces of the Old Football Coaches' Network!).

The Vols situation is hilariously inept and I don't think they realize how awful they look. Funny enough, the one who pushed them to even look at Greg Schiano was Jimmy Haslem. Supposedly since then Peyton Manning has been helping Fulmer sabotage Currie (Currie also had a deal agreed to with Jeff Brohm, then the Chancellor said he didn't agree with the contract offer, and when he presented a new one to Brohm, Jeff rightly said sod off).

At this point the only hire they'll be able to make is Tee Martin.

DQFOJGzUIAAwtrD.jpg

Herm edwards .... what a bloody bizarre hire. That isnt going to end well is it?

His press conference was just weird

Last edited:
Fulmer and Tennessee have pulled off a major coup if they complete the hire of Jeremy Pruitt. I'd take him over anyone they have looked at and probably over most of the coaches hired this season as well. I think he is the best up and coming defensive mind in the NCAA.

Back
Top Bottom