General NCAA thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Looks like the Canes got away easy. Those schollys are minor, but most importantly no further bowl bans.

I wouldn't say they got away easy, but they were smart about it . . . no question. Self impose the bowl bans during the transition years and when Golden's Guys are composing the team and the team is playing better football be free and clear from any more sanctions. Certainly a blueprint for others to follow.

I wouldn't say they got away easy, but they were smart about it . . . no question. Self impose the bowl bans during the transition years and when Golden's Guys are composing the team and the team is playing better football be free and clear from any more sanctions. Certainly a blueprint for others to follow.

That's true, they did kind of force feed themselves some tough medicine. At least the NCAA didn't heap on extra medicine.

It's behind them now so they can focus fully on the football field.

Not a big Miami fan, but I like the way the handled the situation and it looks the like NCAA did as well.

Just saw the spread of the Miami - FSU game. Looks like Vegas also doesn't believe Miami is a a top 10 team.

Just saw the spread of the Miami - FSU game. Looks like Vegas also doesn't believe Miami is a a top 10 team.

It is a rival game so I am a little nervous but FSU should win easily. If they killed Maryland and Clemson, Miami shouldn't be too much worse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It is a rival game so I am a little nervous but FSU should win easily. If they killed Maryland and Clemson, Miami shouldn't be too much worse.

You remember the scene in The Avengers where Loki tries to talk trash to the Hulk and the Hulk grabs him by the leg and smashes him around Tony Stark's penthouse? Its going to be like that, only FSU is the Hulk and Miami is Loki.

You remember the scene in The Avengers where Loki tries to talk trash to the Hulk and the Hulk grabs him by the leg and smashes him around Tony Stark's penthouse? Its going to be like that, only FSU is the Hulk and Miami is Loki.

That is outstanding! I was in Concan, TX this weekend camping...no internet or TV. Of course, my wife didn't notify me of this while planning the trip on FSU-Miami weekend, sly little minx! I read the write up when I got coverage and it sounds like Miami put up a good fight but ultimately got crushed.

Oregon is overrated! FSU might be in the driver seat to play bama if Stanford doesn't blow this 20-0 lead

looks like duck is cooked...noles better not choke this chance at title game away.....they prolly will

Surprise! That Oregon fast offense folds like a beach chair when it faces a physical defense combined with a power run game plan. Didn't see that one coming.

/sarcasm

Stanford plays gorgeous football. That game fit my favorite first half betting angle, the Fury of Anti-Revenge (FAR). I've mentioned it here many times. It produces the greatest intensity level disparity you'll ever see to open a game. This game tonight was very similar to Boise State's clubbing of Oregon in the 2009 opener. That was also FAR.

Kudos to Alabama and Stanford for their physical approach, salvaging this era of football. Can you imagine the conventional wisdom garbage we'd be treated to, if Saban and Jim Harbaugh hadn't taken those college jobs and built the two programs? It would be spread-this and spread-that. At least Oregon's spread has a chance, with such a high percentage of running plays. Mike Leach tilts the other way and is the ultimate fraud.

I can't imagine a better night than Oregon losing and Robert Griffin blowing a halftime lead. Only problem was my high school alma mater Southwest blew a 7 point halftime lead and lost to Coral Gables, preventing an unbeaten regular season for the first time in school history. The two quarterbacks of those teams are worth looking at as college prospects, as athletes if not necessarily quarterbacks.

Wonder how the sales on those"We Want Bama". T-shirts are going now?

If both teams win out I think a FSU/Bama game would be very exciting...not because of Winston, but FSU defense give them a shot, plus they can run the ball.

Back
Top Bottom