General NCAA thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

And just for the record since 1980 Bama has 5 titles. Same as MIami.
The Florida teams have 10 combined.

No argument the Tide has been dominate lately.This too shall pass.[/QUOTE

Why since 1980?....I'm old enough to remember alot of titles before then ,also..can't just pull
out a random date for history.
But 92 was one of my favs,Canes sure had a silly look on their faces after that game.

Because that's around the time Miami became relevant. And it took a Bama guy to make that happen or they wouldn't even have a football program down there...

So rumors are USC people are at odds.

There are those that believe that they can lure somebody like Nick Saban away from a pretty big job, while others want to go with guys with connections to the school like Jack Del Rio and Steve Sarkisian. The issue for USC is that Pat Haden arguably waited too long to fix the mess Mike Garrett left behind a few years ago as the entire athletic department had a huge arrogance surrounding the program.

And this is old news, but it's something that hasn't been discussed on Mack Brown at Texas. In recent time it has come out that Robert Griffin and Johnny Manziel both wanted to attend Texas but Brown told them they'd be DBs. He also told Jamis Winston the same thing and Winston grew up a Texas fan. Andrew Luck grew up in Houston and was highly interested in attending Texas, but during his visit the coaches ignored him and told him he wasn't their first or 2nd choice to take as a QB commit. Ever since Colt McCoy graduated, Texas has struggled to find a consistent QB. Many feel that Mack Brown just doesn't try as hard in recruiting as he used to and that he just hasn't adjusted to the quickly changing landscape of college football.

Some want to follow Texas Tech's lead and promote a former beloved player to head coach (in Texas's case Major Applewhite) while other boosters think they can get Saban. Again, if Saban leaves Bama I doubt it would be for Texas. I think Saban is the type of guy who would want a new challenge, but I think he'd be more likely to go out west to a non LA-Pac 12 school or to schools that aren't great right now but have great recruits in the area. I think Applewhite deserves a chance to be a head coach, but I think Texas is a much different animal than Texas Tech is for Kliff Kingsbury.

Because that's around the time Miami became relevant. And it took a Bama guy to make that happen or they wouldn't even have a football program down there...

So true and thanks for that :up:

Actually i chose 1980 because if I went further back Bama kicks our ass with what 15 Nat titles ?

The very first football game I ever saw as a toodler was an Orange bowl Bama game. I used to had a Roll Tide pendant hanging on the wall dad got me at the game. Seemed like they always played in the Orange bowl classic every year back then. Great history and tradition which no Florida school can match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rutgers coming to town tonight. Vegas has us a 19 point favorite but our games with them are usually a lot closer than that. I think we'll get a 2 TD win.

Nick Saban is not leaving...Bama can match money with Texas....plus Nick has FULL controll at Bama...At Texas you have to answer to
billionaire alum and boosters...think Nick is going to allow other people to tell him what to do with his football team?That's one of
the main reasons Nick left Miami...
Plus Nick want to go after Bear's 6 nat'l championships.

He will be consistently exposed as he plays tougher competition...and Rutgers isn't really tough competition

You mean like Florida's defense "exposed" him in the Sugar Bowl? He missed on around 4 throws but still passed for 310 and 2 TDs. Get out of here with that nonsense.

You mean like Florida's defense "exposed" him in the Sugar Bowl? He missed on around 4 throws but still passed for 310 and 2 TDs. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Louisville schedule is a Joke...he's had one good game against a ranked team...last season. If he can do it again then maybe I will give him some respect, but putting up big numbers on the like of FIU and Temple is hard to respect...especially considering the two best teams (Kentucky and Rutgers) he's played he's been average at best.

So true and thanks for that :up:

Actually i chose 1980 because if I went further back Bama kicks our ass with what 15 Nat titles ?

The very first football game I ever saw as a toodler was an Orange bowl Bama game. I used to had a Roll Tide pendant hanging on the wall dad got me at the game. Seemed like they always played in the Orange bowl classic every year back then. Great history and tradition which no Florida school can match.

If you go back far enough...Princeton leads the way with 28....

310 yards and 2 TDs is "****"? Man tough crowd. He missed on a couple of throws but to say that is stupid.

You're right, saying he looks like **** was an overreaction to him making an incredibly awful throw and having an overall unimpressive (IMO) game.

It would be more accurate to say that he didn't look like the QB he is hyped up to be tonight, and... that's also pretty unfair.

Louisville schedule is a Joke...he's had one good game against a ranked team...last season. If he can do it again then maybe I will give him some respect, but putting up big numbers on the like of FIU and Temple is hard to respect...especially considering the two best teams (Kentucky and Rutgers) he's played he's been average at best.

You do know that there are unranked teams that play great defense too, right? Last year's Rutgers team had a handful of guys drafted off of that defense and Teddy beat them with a broken wrist and one bad wheel. I wish he was still going to be the QB when FSU comes to town next season but it looks like you guys get to play Will Gardner at QB but a team with a good chunk of our defense coming back.

Yeah despite not being ranked, Rutgers has talent on defense and are a team that has consistently given teams fits in recent years. I thought Teddy looked fine last night. He made some nice throws, and made good adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom