General NCAA thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Yeah despite not being ranked, Rutgers has talent on defense and are a team that has consistently given teams fits in recent years. I thought Teddy looked fine last night. He made some nice throws, and made good adjustments.

Yeah so far from the scouting side, from everything I've read everyone was happy with his performance last night. It's the talking heads and causual CFB fans that weren't impressed. But that's the day and age we live in. The expectations for Bridgewater and Clowney were so high they couldn't possibly live up to them. I mean Luck, Manning, et al have slightly off games too. But Teddy can't?

People have been trying to dump on Teddy by citing the stats that Carr and Gilbert put up on Rutgers. Except they threw the ball 70 times while Teddy threw it 30. Now I do believe Shawn Watson handcuffed Teddy last night by calling so many 1st down runs, especially in the red zone. If I had a QB like Teddy I would put the ball in his hands as many times as possible in the red zone. That means throwing on 1st and 3rd down at least.

Well Clowney is getting **** now because he decided himself that he couldn't play last week. Teddy I think is gonna get **** for games last night because Louisville is seen as having the easiest path to the championship game.

You do know that there are unranked teams that play great defense too, right? Last year's Rutgers team had a handful of guys drafted off of that defense and Teddy beat them with a broken wrist and one bad wheel. I wish he was still going to be the QB when FSU comes to town next season but it looks like you guys get to play Will Gardner at QB but a team with a good chunk of our defense coming back.

Rutgers isn't one of them....and again they play a pretty weak schedule also.

I understand a team can only play and beat the teams on their schedule, but he hasn't looked like the world beater some are claiming he is against the few teams that are at least mediocre. He's a good QB and he will play in the NFL, but a lot of his stats and accolades are due to the fact he's paying against inferior talent.

Rutgers isn't one of them....and again they play a pretty weak schedule also.

I understand a team can only play and beat the teams on their schedule, but he hasn't looked like the world beater some are claiming he is against the few teams that are at least mediocre. He's a good QB and he will play in the NFL, but a lot of his stats and accolades are due to the fact he's paying against inferior talent.

Well Rutgers has played a top 25 team in Fresno State on the road and played at an improving Arkansas. So I wouldn't call that schedule "weak", more like average. Rutgers is a decent team with a good offense and good enough defense (especially against the run). We made them look silly. We had some troubles in the red zone leaving 17 points on the field but our QB still passed for 310 yards and 2 TDs. I'm sorry that Louisville didn't pass your eye test. Your Siminoles will get their shot next season. And I couldn't disagree more with your last statement. Talent is talent no matter the opponent. Scouts don't pay much attention to the opponent, only if the player has skills that translate to Sundays. Teddy's stats aren't gaudy anyway. His stats wouldn't draw any extra attention on their own. It's Teddy's pure talent at the QB position that draws the attention.

I do kind of feel bad for Louisville since they'll finish undefeated and won't even be a top 5 team. From what I know they at least tried to schedule some tough OOC games but they fell through. Likely their last season of relevance too assuming Bridgewater leaves.

Because that's around the time Miami became relevant. And it took a Bama guy to make that happen or they wouldn't even have a football program down there...

If you want to be technical about it, it was actually Lou Saban who got the ball rolling by recruiting Jim Kelly and some other key recruits.

Florida State back in the Top 5....headed to play #3 Clemson...should be a good one.

If you want to be technical about it, it was actually Lou Saban who got the ball rolling by recruiting Jim Kelly and some other key recruits.

Why yes he did...It was under Lou's watch, the football team (players) got in trouble for harressing a jewish man,so yes Lou is credited with
starting the "thug" mentallity.

Why yes he did...It was under Lou's watch, the football team (players) got in trouble for harressing a jewish man,so yes Lou is credited with
starting the "thug" mentallity.

Wonder what's worse. Miami's thug mentality or Alabama's long history of racism. It's 2013 and they're still segregating whites from blacks at Alabama smh. Or rather used to. Took a highly publicized case for them to say "Well you know, perhaps letting these here negroes into white sororities is long overdue." I'm not a fan of either mentalities myself, but at least Miami grew out of theirs years ago.

Wonder what's worse. Miami's thug mentality or Alabama's long history of racism. It's 2013 and they're still segregating whites from blacks at Alabama smh. Or rather used to. Took a highly publicized case for them to say "Well you know, perhaps letting these here negroes into white sororities is long overdue." I'm not a fan of either mentalities myself, but at least Miami grew out of theirs years ago.

Lets see...the main sororities are segregated by money...plain and simple...all races CAN pledge,your family better have the jack...While the African-American sororities are just that...African-American only.
Rev. adultary Jackson and hate monger Al Sharpton are ok with that...so whats the worse division? Money or race? and what's the true rasicm?

What the freak is wrong with this site today?

What is wrong with this site today?

Highly doubt that considering Alabama's history. Hell I'm sure many of these Bama fans wish George Wallace was still standing in an Alabama doorway somewhere blocking negroes from getting an education.

All kidding aside, Alabama fans are the last ones to talk about a school's history. Living in glass houses. Now I'm sure you were kidding, but "Thug U" is so played out and hasn't been true for over a decade. It's annoying to hear other fans say it. The only "Thug U" I know is located in Gainesville.

Back
Top Bottom