General NCAA thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Good for the Canes.

I am looking forward how the media will attempt to keep Georgia and the Gators in the top 25. :lol:
Absolutely. The Canes should probably be 6 or 7.

I don't think there's any way that the Gators will be ranked after this week, but Georgia will probably grab one of the last spots in the top 25.

I was sitting here saying "that's a horse collar." Don't know how that one was missed.

With that defense being terrible, their games end up being pretty entertaining.

I find horrific defense more repulsive than entertaining myself. Auburn ran the same play the entire 4th quarter and gashed them every time. Even when they tried to put 9 in the box. They knew the read option was coming, and they knew it was going to the RB, and they still allowed 5 yards...

It's a shame Iowa let OSU escape. OSU needs to lose already. No business being ranked that high. At least 10 teams better than them. Luckily they get to play a schedule only rivaled by Louisville.
Except there's a good chance they won't lose this season like Louisville did this week. The only team that I see that has a small chance of beating them is Michigan.

Absolutely. The Canes should probably be 6 or 7.

I don't think there's any way that the Gators will be ranked after this week, but Georgia will probably grab one of the last spots in the top 25.

I'd probably put them at 5 by default after Bama, Oregon, Clemson and FSU. Then Miami, LSU, Baylor, Missouri, OSU, and Stanford to round out my top 10. Honestly 5-9 can go in any order with Stanford at 10. At the end of the day, LSU vs Bama, Oregon vs Stanford, FSU vs Clemson, Miami vs FSU will separate pretenders from contenders. Mizzou still plays SC, Manziel, and Bama/LSU in SECCG. Without Franklin, it's not happening for them. Baylor has Oklahoma, Okie State and Texas Tech. Decent teams but not enough put them in the MNC even if they go undefeated. OSU could lose to Michigan. Hell they could lose to Penn State or Indiana. Either way, too weak of a schedule to get them in unless everyone else beats each other up leaving OSU able to get in by default.

I'd probably put them at 5 by default after Bama, Oregon, Clemson and FSU. Then Miami, LSU, Baylor, Missouri, OSU, and Stanford to round out my top 10. Honestly 5-9 can go in any order with Stanford at 10. At the end of the day, LSU vs Bama, Oregon vs Stanford, FSU vs Clemson, Miami vs FSU will separate pretenders from contenders. Mizzou still plays SC, Manziel, and Bama/LSU in SECCG. Without Franklin, it's not happening for them. Baylor has Oklahoma, Okie State and Texas Tech. Decent teams but not enough put them in the MNC even if they go undefeated. OSU could lose to Michigan. Hell they could lose to Penn State or Indiana. Either way, too weak of a schedule to get them in unless everyone else beats each other up leaving OSU able to get in by default.
Either way, the top 10 is going to be all turned around once the next poll comes out.

I believe Oregon plays Stanford in a few weeks after they play UCLA, and we know that either number 3 or 5 is going to drop a few spots after the game tonight. Missou is playing well, and I think they can make the SEC title game, but they don't win it. The loss of Franklin was huge for that team.

I could see OSU getting in based off the SEC killing one another in the conference, but there's still a lot of football left to be played.

Either way, the top 10 is going to be all turned around once the next poll comes out.

I believe Oregon plays Stanford in a few weeks after they play UCLA, and we know that either number 3 or 5 is going to drop a few spots after the game tonight. Missou is playing well, and I think they can make the SEC title game, but they don't win it. The loss of Franklin was huge for that team.

I could see OSU getting in based off the SEC killing one another in the conference, but there's still a lot of football left to be played.

OSU is 4th right now. Winner of Bama/LSU keeps them at 4th. Undefeated ACC team keeps them at 4th. I'm not even sure they get in over a 1 loss ACC team assuming the 1 loss is against each other. Stanford is iffy if they beat Oregon. Undefeated Baylor vs undefeated OSU would be interesting. OSU preseason ranking likely holds up.

It is still early, but LSU is down 10-0 to Ole Miss at the half.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

OSU is 4th right now. Winner of Bama/LSU keeps them at 4th. Undefeated ACC team keeps them at 4th. I'm not even sure they get in over a 1 loss ACC team assuming the 1 loss is against each other. Stanford is iffy if they beat Oregon. Undefeated Baylor vs undefeated OSU would be interesting. OSU preseason ranking likely holds up.
You're probably right. But with the computers, anything could happen.

*Your Attention Please*

This UF offensive line is without question the worst unit I have ever seen play college football.

Thank you and good night.

Hopefully Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane realize this...

I don't think we're losing either of those two. But we need to go hard after OL recruits. Hell we can sell instant playing time.

The worst part about this is that all the moron Driskel apologists on the Gator boards have crawled out of their holes insisting they were right about Driskel being a better player and giving UF the best chance to win. This after watching Murphy run from 5 unblocked defenders on every play for two games in a row.

Some people don't get it, others refuse to get it.

I don't think we're losing either of those two. But we need to go hard after OL recruits. Hell we can sell instant playing time.

The worst part about this is that all the moron Driskel apologists on the Gator boards have crawled out of their holes insisting they were right about Driskel being a better player and giving UF the best chance to win. This after watching Murphy run from 5 unblocked defenders on every play for two games in a row.

Some people don't get it, others refuse to get it.

I would be shocked if Lane doesn't flip to Miami. I figured it was going to happen, now I'm sure it's going to happen. He's a 3 years and done player, and Florida isn't getting him to the NFL regardless of whether he starts as a true freshman, and he knows it. Been some buzz about him regretting his decision before this game.

Dalvin Cook is harder to judge. He seems solid, but he sure seemed solid when he was writing articles for Clemson websites as well. At the end of the day I'd be surprised if he ends up at Florida. I know he likes USC but they're a dumpster fire as well. With his brother at Miami and Yearby/Darling at Miami, it wouldn't surprise me. Neither would Alabama.

You have to be out of your mind if you're a blue chip offensive skill player and have any thought of going to Florida as long as Muschamp is coaching there. I'm not even sure Muschamp even cares about having a competent office... Especially if you're a WR, where seemingly every high ranked that goes to Florida is never heard from again.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Stick a fork in Tajh Boyd and Clemson.

I would be shocked if Lane doesn't flip to Miami. I figured it was going to happen, now I'm sure it's going to happen. He's a 3 years and done player, and Florida isn't getting him to the NFL regardless of whether he starts as a true freshman, and he knows it. Been some buzz about him regretting his decision before this game.

Dalvin Cook is harder to judge. He seems solid, but he sure seemed solid when he was writing articles for Clemson websites as well. At the end of the day I'd be surprised if he ends up at Florida. I know he likes USC but they're a dumpster fire as well. With his brother at Miami and Yearby/Darling at Miami, it wouldn't surprise me. Neither would Alabama.

You have to be out of your mind if you're a blue chip offensive skill player and have any thought of going to Florida as long as Muschamp is coaching there. I'm not even sure Muschamp even cares about having a competent office... Especially if you're a WR, where seemingly every high ranked that goes to Florida is never heard from again.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Stick a fork in Tajh Boyd and Clemson.

It didn't stop Robinson, Fulwood, or Kelvin Taylor from coming this year although Taylor was probably going to happen no matter what. UF has plenty of players at the skill positions to have a good offense, but the offensive line coach clearly needs to be replaced.

And I don't like to make excuses, but the injuries that have piled up for this team have really taken their toll. You can't lose that many starters and expect to keep winning, unless they're all Jeff Driskel.

Those two pretenders are down and out. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom