General NCAA thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

#2 vs #5 November 2nd. Miami won't lay down like Clemson.

I sure hope not.

I am not sure if FSU is going to leap by Ohio State and Oregon unless they lay an egg against UCLA next week.
It'll be either #4 FSU vs #5 Miami or #3FSU vs #4Miami.

To be honest this is the first time I regret that we play FSU in the regular season. This would be a great ACC Championship matchup.

FSU looked amazing last night and Clemson looked like crap. I really expected a better game. I will say that FSU's defensive coordinator is coming into his own. The last two games, our D has completely destroyed two very good offenses. Now, we just have to keep from crapping the bed against NC State.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I am stoked that Miami will be top 5 as well, should be an epic clash in a few weeks. FSU should jump OSU, they are overrated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'd probably put them at 5 by default after Bama, Oregon, Clemson and FSU. Then Miami, LSU, Baylor, Missouri, OSU, and Stanford to round out my top 10. Honestly 5-9 can go in any order with Stanford at 10. At the end of the day, LSU vs Bama, Oregon vs Stanford, FSU vs Clemson, Miami vs FSU will separate pretenders from contenders. Mizzou still plays SC, Manziel, and Bama/LSU in SECCG. Without Franklin, it's not happening for them. Baylor has Oklahoma, Okie State and Texas Tech. Decent teams but not enough put them in the MNC even if they go undefeated. OSU could lose to Michigan. Hell they could lose to Penn State or Indiana. Either way, too weak of a schedule to get them in unless everyone else beats each other up leaving OSU able to get in by default.

The thing Ohio State had going for them is they only had 2 tough road games; Michigan and Northwestern. They got all other quality opponents at home. Thing is, their pass defense has been shown to be very suspect recently... especially if you have dynamic TEs. Michigan has Devin Funchess. Penn State has 2 solid TEs in Jesse James and Kyle Carter. Bradley Roby has also struggled a bit this year so going against guys like Allen Robinson, the IU WRs, and Jeremy Gallon isn't going to be fun.

Not saying Ohio State will get beat, BUT they've got a couple games coming up that won't be easy. They've been able to beat teams with Carlos Hyde's power running, but Penn State and Michigan are both good against the run.

I'm not a buyer that Miami is a top 10 team either. They might be a top 20 team, but they're not a top 10 team. Top 10 teams aren't down by 10 points in the 4th quarter against North Carolina... who only has 1 win against Middle Tennessee St.

As for being in the top 5 or ahead of Baylor, top 5 teams don't turn the football over the way Miami does. I think Florida is a better team than Miami. Florida dominated the football game against Miami..... Jeff Driskel is just that bad. Miami should've lost to Florida, but the Gators coming undone in the redzone time and time again and giving the football to Miami via fumbles lost the football game. Not anything Miami did.

I'll put it this way, if Florida St. and Miami both play their best games, it should look just like what happened against Clemson last night. Miami is about on par with UCLA in my opinion, just not top 10 teams.

I'm also not a buyer that Missouri is a top 10 team... even with James Franklin. Missouri beat a Georgia team without Todd Gurley, Keith Marshall, Malcolm Mitchell, Justin Scott-Wesley, and basically their entire offense.... and a Florida team with an offense that can't get a first down.

This will all prove itself out as the season progresses. The first thing you're going to see is the true degree of separation between Florida St. and Miami, even if Miami wins the rest of their ACC schedule.

One thing watching Miami this season is realizing that they won't get outworked defensively. Yea FSU might just put 50 on this defense, who knows, but those dudes put in effort this season that was nowhere to be found last season and I think that is a big reflection on the job Al Golden is doing in Miami. If the heart of that defense continues to show up and Miami can put together the type of offensive performance they are capable of . . . in a rivalry game . . . that game could be closer than it looks on paper.

Still Miami isn't a good enough team to be overlooking Wake Forest, so the focus needs to be there.

Looks like the Canes got away easy. Those schollys are minor, but most importantly no further bowl bans.

Back
Top Bottom