General NCAA thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Especially after I laughed and wrote them off after they opened the year losing to Maryland

Yeah, I watched that game and they looked BAD. Not 'unready to play' but just dreadful. And their fans were about to commit mass suicide.

Well, good on them, I guess.

Holy **** Nebraska is ****ing embarrassing lol

So is Louisville gonna try and hand Jeff Brohm a blank check and say name your price?
AD Vince Tyra is going to have to convince the boosters to fund the $13 mil buyout for Petrino and the $7 mil or so buyout for Brohm. Fund raising for athletics is hard right now since the boosters are disgusted with all the Pitino stuff. Chris Mack has been lighting it up since taking over so they're starting to come back around. All I know is if I win the Mega-millions jack-pot, I'll be covering both buyouts and then whatever Brohm wants as a salary.

Oh and don't let ANYONE tell you any different: Jeff Brohm is MOST CERTAINLY interested in becoming our next head coach if we were to make a change. The Brohm family is the first family of football in the city of Louisville. Head coach here is his first, best destiny, and he knows it.

Reactions: MD
I would think there’s a couple big boosters that see what a no brainer it is to get Brohm before his buyout at Purdue goes up which it most certainly will. Guys a heck of a good coach.

AD Vince Tyra is going to have to convince the boosters to fund the $13 mil buyout for Petrino and the $7 mil or so buyout for Brohm. Fund raising for athletics is hard right now since the boosters are disgusted with all the Pitino stuff. Chris Mack has been lighting it up since taking over so they're starting to come back around. All I know is if I win the Mega-millions jack-pot, I'll be covering both buyouts and then whatever Brohm wants as a salary.

Oh and don't let ANYONE tell you any different: Jeff Brohm is MOST CERTAINLY interested in becoming our next head coach if we were to make a change. The Brohm family is the first family of football in the city of Louisville. Head coach here is his first, best destiny, and he knows it.

Oh I have no doubt Brohm would go to Louisville if offered. Him and Brian returning to save their program is Harbaugh esque... and let's not mistake how awful the Purdue team was before he took over. Hes getting them talent.

Also more out of curiosity... any truth to the rumor that there was bad blood between Jeff and the program for how he was treated during the disastrous Kragthorpe tenure?

Oh I have no doubt Brohm would go to Louisville if offered. Him and Brian returning to save their program is Harbaugh esque... and let's not mistake how awful the Purdue team was before he took over. Hes getting them talent.

Also more out of curiosity... any truth to the rumor that there was bad blood between Jeff and the program for how he was treated during the disastrous Kragthorpe tenure?
Yes there is truth there. It's more between him and former AD Tom Jurich. Since Jurich has been canned, it's one more reason why he'd jump at the chance to come back.

Steve Kragthorpe was stunningly bad during his time here. There's one story from that time that's been told and retold. Right before a game DC Ron English is talking to the team getting them hyped when Kragthorpe walks and proceeds to spew some kind of weak bullshit, killing the mood. As soon as he walks back out of the room, English tells the team "ignore everything he just said".

Jeff was mad Jurich didn't give him a chance when he finally canned Kragthorpe. It worked out in the end with Charlie Strong, but it still stung Jeff.

Now there's rumors floating around about Petrino. Something he's been doing is going to give AD Tyra the ability to fire him with cause. Shocking, I know.

Yes there is truth there. It's more between him and former AD Tom Jurich. Since Jurich has been canned, it's one more reason why he'd jump at the chance to come back.

Steve Kragthorpe was stunningly bad during his time here. There's one story from that time that's been told and retold. Right before a game DC Ron English is talking to the team getting them hyped when Kragthorpe walks and proceeds to spew some kind of weak bullshit, killing the mood. As soon as he walks back out of the room, English tells the team "ignore everything he just said".

Jeff was mad Jurich didn't give him a chance when he finally canned Kragthorpe. It worked out in the end with Charlie Strong, but it still stung Jeff.

Now there's rumors floating around about Petrino. Something he's been doing is going to give AD Tyra the ability to fire him with cause. Shocking, I know.

YEP!!!! I heard it was a red-head on a moped this time...LOL!!

Yeah I remember how bad Kragthorpe was and how he just couldnt recruit. I was also just wondering cause i remember hearing rumors that even before Brohm got the Western Kentucky job he told Bobby he would not go to Louisville with him. Just wondering cause for awhile there was bad blood between Michigan and Harbaugh... though that was one sided on the old President of Michigan

I can't stop laughing at FSU breaking out the turnover bag down by 56

Louisville lost an OL commit today and freshman QB Jordan Travis, who was probably the best thrower on the team and the future QB, is transferring.

Vince Tyra has got some booster wrangling to do over the next month. He's got to come up with Petrino's buyout. Somewhere, somehow.

4 star sophomore DB Russ Yeast has left the program and is transferring. Hates the staff so much he's not even waiting to see who the next coach is. Same with Jordan Travis.

It's not going to surprise me in the least if Bobby is fired over the weekend. We play Syracuse Friday night. Who runs the team for the rest of the season? I have no idea, the rest of the staff is either greener than a blade of grass or a complete failure (Cough...Brian Van Gorder... cough)

Back
Top Bottom