General NCAA thread | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Mike Locksey hired at Maryland. Was a disaster at New Mexico but that was a bad situation for him. He is a Maryland guy and great recruiter.

Also not talked about but Bill Snyder retired at K State. He wants the school to promote his son but the school supposedly favors Seth Littrel of North Texas. Would be shocked if they didnt reach out to Brent Venables

Lil' brother Auburn putting it on Purdue right now...

Wow!!!This one is getting ugly....

Jeff Brohm and Louisville AD Vince Tyra had an important conversation today. Negotiations and posturing have begun.

Damn Lou...Watching this Purdue -Auburn....Did you guys REALLY want that guy?

They need to give Gus another,longer extension now...LOL

Damn Lou...Watching this Purdue -Auburn....Did you guys REALLY want that guy?
Jeff is a good offensive coach but his teams have always fielded so so to poor defenses. That's why I think we're better off in the long run with the Satterfield hire. Even though his background is in offense, his App State teams have always played good defense too. He gets that both sides of the ball are equally important, at the very least.

Jeff came up under Bobby. I'm sure defense is only a secondary thought to him, just like it was to Bobby. Part of the allure of Brohm was his hometown status and his recruiting ties. We have room for around 13 or so guys in this class. He would have been able to fill that class up pretty quick had he come here. Satterfield has more work to do in that regard, but will field better teams in the long run. Sounds like Tee Martin is going to join the staff. I suspect Satterfield will start pulling in some really good classes (for Louisville anyways) once he gets the ball rolling good here. Bringing Bryan Brown here from App State to be his DC was outstanding and then pulling Dwayne Ledford over from NC State to OC/coach OL was a coup. That guy is one of the best OL coaches in the biz. Finally I think our string of mediocre to horrid offensive lines stretching back to Charlie's days here will finally be broken soon.

As far as the bowl game, eh...it's Purdue. What were you expecting from a middle to lower tier Big 10 (in a down year for the league) team going against a middle to upper tier SEC team?

I just thought after what they did to OSU ...they would look like a football team against the cow college.

That was pretty weak semi-final match-ups for national championship. Neither was a game. Went to bed early.

That was pretty weak semi-final match-ups for national championship. Neither was a game. Went to bed early.

The entire bowl season has sucked unless you just want to evaluate players. I think the title game will be good but that’s a work night and I get up at 4:30 AM.

This is great. Two best quarterbacks in the country going at it. Two best teams going at it.

And we should be able to say the exact same thing next year, unless something insanely batsh*t crazy happens.

Just out of curiosity, how in the natural heck are Purdue and Louisville both ranked above FSU in the AP Mens Basketball Poll when FSU has a better record than both of them and beat both of them head to head. That's some stupid bullshit, imo.

Just out of curiosity, how in the natural heck are Purdue and Louisville both ranked above FSU in the AP Mens Basketball Poll when FSU has a better record than both of them and beat both of them head to head. That's some stupid bullshit, imo.
It's easy: we're the better team. Despite an unusually high number of turnovers from U of L and an ungodly discrepancy in points off turnovers, FSU was still down by as many as 10 points in the second half. FSU was barely able to eek one out in OT at home despite that advantage. A better team would have boat raced U of L right out of Tallahassee in that situation.

Now Vegas only has Duke favored by 6 here in the Yum Center tonight. Vegas knows what the rest of the country knows.

Back
Top Bottom