Geno Smith and pocket awareness | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith and pocket awareness

so what? I think it's known I am a Mark Sanchez fan, would it shock anyone to learn that I was upset we took geno? That was nothing against Geno, I just wanted weapons for Mark. Geno has been ok through 3 games and I will give every player/coach/GM a chance to prove themselves. Your comment couldn't be more asinine.

I have destroyed your weak arguments, I have exposed you as the biggest fraud on the site. Please stop. You have nothing on me which is why you always resort to making stuff up.

It is against Geno.. you essentially said he sucked in college considering his support staff. It's a qualitative judgment about a QB.. just like the ones you make regarding Buttchez, Flacco, Eli, etc.

Geno couldn't win w/ immense talent in a weak conf in college

Well Juncster let's put it this way, there is only way to go for Geno and his pocket awareness -> he is pretty lost out there, the untrained eye can see it, so we may know in 3-4 years how the Geno experiment goes -> meanwhile you can keep selecting D in the top ten

Junc, you clearly said that the Jets would waste years on a project QB and that he couldn't win in college with immense talent in a weak conference. Of course I understand you're being upset but those are good observations you made. What's odd is that a couple of us chime in our observations of Geno, which parallel yours in not being favorable, and you get defensive with a statement that the mighty Dolphins have a franchise QB and the Jets will suck for a decade while drafting a QB every 2 years.

I'm not trying to be mean but that's a bit of a concern to see behavior like that. Because I make an observation about a Jets player doesn't mean I am criticizing you. Sure we all get defensive with our loyalties to a certain extent but that seems a little overboard. You may want to step back, take a deep breath and reevaluate how a sport is affecting your mental health.

It's so sad that an adult not only follows me on other boards but saves my posts(then again, this stalker has 10+ pages of images dedicated to me so what would we expect?). Nowhere have I bashed Smith and nowhere have I praised him. What the stalker who fails at reading comprehension fails to realize is that what he posted today has nothing to do w/ anything but in his little simple minded world b/c I was upset on draft day means I think geno sucks. I really feel bad for certain people on this board and I wonder how they survive in the real world?

I have been entertained by you on one too many piss fights to not chime in here - you have even barbed with us to find proof of your sometimes, not always, erroneous statements - I have been around here since 2005

I was listening to the Dave Dameshek podcast earlier. They were talking about how annoying Jets fans have gotten recently. Even Adam Rank (I believe) who is a Bears fan mentioned how he has absolutely no reason to hate the Jets or their fans but does. I'm pretty much the same way. Yeah, I don't like them because they're in the division and I want the Dolphins to beat them but it goes beyond that. Even on other forums a good majority of the Jets fans I've encountered have been obnoxious as hell. Patriots fans have more of a reason to be obnoxious but generally are less loud than the average Jets fan.

I guess the point I'm getting at is, please shut up Jets fans. You're obnoxious.

I was listening to the Dave Dameshek podcast earlier. They were talking about how annoying Jets fans have gotten recently. Even Adam Rank (I believe) who is a Bears fan mentioned how he has absolutely no reason to hate the Jets or their fans but does. I'm pretty much the same way. Yeah, I don't like them because they're in the division and I want the Dolphins to beat them but it goes beyond that. Even on other forums a good majority of the Jets fans I've encountered have been obnoxious as hell. Patriots fans have more of a reason to be obnoxious but generally are less loud than the average Jets fan.

I guess the point I'm getting at is, please shut up Jets fans. You're obnoxious.

That's funny because Jets fans feel the same way about you guys.

Because i'm entitled to my own opinion...Don't care what other people say. They're entitled to their opinion and i'm entitled to mine. Some posters on this board should do the same.

Absolutely you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't get how one can think so differently about a QB. A QB is the most important part of a team. You say he's bottom 3 and Junc says he's Top 15-20. Those are drastic opinions.

It is against Geno.. you essentially said he sucked in college considering his support staff. It's a qualitative judgment about a QB.. just like the ones you make regarding Buttchez, Flacco, Eli, etc.

I understand reading isn't a strong point for you but please enlighten me as to where I "essentially" said Geno sucked?

Junc, you clearly said that the Jets would waste years on a project QB and that he couldn't win in college with immense talent in a weak conference. Of course I understand you're being upset but those are good observations you made. What's odd is that a couple of us chime in our observations of Geno, which parallel yours in not being favorable, and you get defensive with a statement that the mighty Dolphins have a franchise QB and the Jets will suck for a decade while drafting a QB every 2 years.

I'm not trying to be mean but that's a bit of a concern to see behavior like that. Because I make an observation about a Jets player doesn't mean I am criticizing you. Sure we all get defensive with our loyalties to a certain extent but that seems a little overboard. You may want to step back, take a deep breath and reevaluate how a sport is affecting your mental health.

where did I clearly say that? I said he couldn't win in college w/ immense talent and a weak conference, where did I say we would waste years on him?

I don't know what geno will be, he's shown some positive signs and he's looked like a rookie. I am giving him a chance like I would any player, all that matters to me is getting the W and so far we are 2-1 w/ him so I feel pretty good.

Clearly my mental health is being affected b/c bitter, jealous rival fans think we suck.:lol:

B/c I was upset on draft day knowing we can win w/ Sanchez means I think geno sucks. The failure w/ regards to basic reading comprehension is embarrassing from some of you b/c some of you guys are actually intelligent(others I expect this from).

We have a QB, he just needs weapons and now we will waste rebuilding years w/ a project QB w/ no weapons.
That's pretty clear you think your going to waste years on him while rebuilding.

That's pretty clear you think your going to waste years on him while rebuilding.

Did I ay that? I probably did, I was heated during that pick but w/ Mark's injury I guess it was a good thing?

I understand reading isn't a strong point for you but please enlighten me as to where I "essentially" said Geno sucked?

where did I clearly say that? I said he couldn't win in college w/ immense talent and a weak conference, where did I say we would waste years on him?

I don't know what geno will be, he's shown some positive signs and he's looked like a rookie. I am giving him a chance like I would any player, all that matters to me is getting the W and so far we are 2-1 w/ him so I feel pretty good.

Clearly my mental health is being affected b/c bitter, jealous rival fans think we suck.:lol:

B/c I was upset on draft day knowing we can win w/ Sanchez means I think geno sucks. The failure w/ regards to basic reading comprehension is embarrassing from some of you b/c some of you guys are actually intelligent(others I expect this from).

Ahh, sweet memories of when my son was young. Just like junk, I'd catch him red handed doing something naughty and he'd deny, deny, deny although the broken vase was at his feet or the garage wall had his name chalked up. Thanks for sentimental journey down kid-like memory lane... but you hated the pick cuz you didn't respect Gino and this time there's no weaseling out or typically trying to deflect by changing the parameters of the argument:

This thread does deliver. I was revisiting some of it and struck gold, namely Junc's displeasure on here with drafting Geno and The Walrus's recap of his even less complimentary Geno posts on TGG. With this stuff on the record, now it's the unthinkable. Junc either has to admit that he was wrong, or confirm that he's right about Geno being at best a project who never looked that promising at WVA except for the players around him making him look better. But of course, if Sanchez while rated #27 was a top 10QB, as he claims, or that a 60QBR, 101 yds playoff game capped by a shon greene 53 yard run and the SD kicker crapping the bed 2 or 3X translated into Sanchez playing well under the bright lights, then when it comes to QBs, is anyone surprised ?

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...post1064682302 post 1320

a teaser:
Instead of surrounding the QB w/ weapons we draft D, D AGAIN then take a project QB. This makes that Pitt title game loss even harder b/c I don't think we'll get that close to a SB in the next decade
we won when we surrounded him w/ talent, Geno couldn't win w/ immense talent in a weak conf in college
in response to RegisteredGuy/J Wannyheimer or whatever it is now on the skuttlebutt that the jest were gonna take Geno:

Get ready to LOL @ the Jets!

Here are quotes from two articles I saw today. One on ESPN.com and one on PFT:
I am hoping it is a smokescreen.

Get ready, people. Get ready.
if we do that I will join in on making fun of the Jets.

We should have been getting him weapons instead of competition. If he failed this year

we go QB in a stronger QB draft next year but instead we take a QB just to take one

If you're wrong about Gino, admit it; and also admit you are wrong about Sanchez instead of letting puppy love, low self esteem and ego get in your way of fessing up to letting homerism blind your vision. If you're right about Gino, and he's a wasted pick - well although you're wrong about Eli, Flacco, Ryan, etc vs the buttfumbler, at least it gives your opinion more objective credibility than you enjoy in this forum- especially when it comes to evaluating QBs.

Absolutely you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't get how one can think so differently about a QB. A QB is the most important part of a team. You say he's bottom 3 and Junc says he's Top 15-20. Those are drastic opinions.

I lost confidence in Sanchez after the 2011 season. First two seasons he was crap, but he was young, had a knack for playing good in big spots, played above average in almost all of the playoff games, and I thought he was learning and getting better. When he didn't take a huge jump forward in 2011 with a pretty solid supporting cast I started to doubt him. Last season just drove everything I was thinking home. He's a backup QB. I don't think he is talentless, but you can do much better at the QB spot.

Junc likes him. I totally understand why. It's hard to overlook the success he had when he first came into the league. 4 playoff road wins are impressive no matter how you want to look at it (especially that game in New England). We just differ in opinion on him as an overall player I guess.

vaark cannot possibly be an adult. There's just no way

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

I lost confidence in Sanchez after the 2011 season. First two seasons he was crap, but he was young, had a knack for playing good in big spots, played above average in almost all of the playoff games, and I thought he was learning and getting better. When he didn't take a huge jump forward in 2011 with a pretty solid supporting cast I started to doubt him. Last season just drove everything I was thinking home. He's a backup QB. I don't think he is talentless, but you can do much better at the QB spot.

Junc likes him. I totally understand why. It's hard to overlook the success he had when he first came into the league. 4 playoff road wins are impressive no matter how you want to look at it (especially that game in New England). We just differ in opinion on him as an overall player I guess.

The cast wasn't that solid in 2011, sure it was much better than what we had last year(and mark was much better) but 3 of his top 5 weapons were out of football by 2012.

last year he was in a situation no QB could have succeeded in which is why he deserved one more chance, he'd be starting and I think we'd be 3-0 right now if he was BUT he's hurt and I am happy w/ Geno so far.

Back
Top Bottom