Geordie first round full draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geordie first round full draft

Lots of rumblings that a trade down won't get you Pitts as he would be gone early.

I'm starting to believe this too, the Eagles and Falcons are two prime landing spots we would have to worry about if he's our guy and we trade down with Carolina. As high as I am on Kyle, I would probably still take that trade down if the compensation is right (at very least an extra 1 next year and a day 2 pick). If Pitts and Chase are both gone however I'm regretting that trade.

Here's my final pre draft, no trades, Miami mock, assuming the Wilson trade goes through and we are down to 6 picks. This will change of course once FA is over, targeting our most glaring needs and adding explosive weapons to this O. I've tried to pick players that I believe will be there at the place we pick, Dickerson and Eskridge though are questionable, but the position remains the target for those two places, center and wide receiver. We could flip these two picks around depending on how comfortable we are with the depth at the position at that point on the draft.

3. Kyle Pitts (WR/TE) Florida - For me Kyle is the biggest and best offensive weapon in the draft. He's the most outstanding prospect at the TE position to come out in many years, but he is so much more than a TE. He was the biggest mismatch in all of CFB last year and he's going to be a nightmare for NFL teams to cover. He's only 20 years old so fills the profile that the team seems to focus on which is get them young. He's a perfect mesh for Tua, giving the young QB a large target who can create his own separation and will be a massive part of a red zone offensive that struggled significantly last year.

18. Zaven Collins (LB) Tulsa - Perhaps a bit reach here, but the kind is a physical freak and highly decorated prospect that fits the mold that Flores will probably be looking for. With KVN being released this becomes a more important area for us to focus on. If Micah Parsons or Kwitty Paye fall to this spot, which I don't expect them to, then they would perhaps be better options but I wouldn't be at all unhappy about using 18 on Collins, the kid's a stud.

36. Jevonte Williams (RB) UNC - Unless we make a FA move, a true #1 RB remains a big need for us. Williams may end up the best in this draft. I would consider holding off on this need until later and picking up a Sermon or Hubbard, but Williams is the perfect RB to compliment what we already have.

50. Landon Dickerson (Center) Alabama - Dickerson's leadership qualities, gets the nod from me over Humphrey here, his helath status is a concern. Center is a big need until we address it, which I think we will in FA, if that happens then I would switch this pick out with Aaron Robinson (CB) to upgrade the nickel cb spot.

81. Dwayne Eskridge (WR) Western Mich - He's probably gone way before this pick unfortunately, as he's a perfect fit for what we are missing, if we are high on him we may consider using 50 on him. But if we stay here and he is gone there are plenty of other WR options we could take here, like Amari Rodgers, Tutu Atwell , Dyami Brown, Elijah Moore etc. I'm looking for route running and speed at this pick.

123. Elerson Smith (Edge) Northern Iowa - The kid flashed a lot in the game at the senior bowl on the team coached by flores and crew. I think he may have caught their eye and taking a late pick flyer on him could well be likely. He's very raw but there is a lot to work with there.

It's not a perfect draft, we only have 6 picks and more needs, we have to assume with $30mill in cap space that they will be active in FA and try to fill some of the glaring needs. Hopefully Center is at the top of that list along with finding a replacement for KVN's snaps. But I do think I have hit on our most glaring needs at this point. A lot won't like my first pick and think a TE should never be drafted that high and we have Gesicki already but Pitts is so much more than that and all I will do is direct them to his tape to really see what he could offer to a young QB.

Here's my final pre draft, no trades, Miami mock, assuming the Wilson trade goes through and we are down to 6 picks. This will change of course once FA is over, targeting our most glaring needs and adding explosive weapons to this O. I've tried to pick players that I believe will be there at the place we pick, Dickerson and Eskridge though are questionable, but the position remains the target for those two places, center and wide receiver. We could flip these two picks around depending on how comfortable we are with the depth at the position at that point on the draft.

3. Kyle Pitts (WR/TE) Florida - For me Kyle is the biggest and best offensive weapon in the draft. He's the most outstanding prospect at the TE position to come out in many years, but he is so much more than a TE. He was the biggest mismatch in all of CFB last year and he's going to be a nightmare for NFL teams to cover. He's only 20 years old so fills the profile that the team seems to focus on which is get them young. He's a perfect mesh for Tua, giving the young QB a large target who can create his own separation and will be a massive part of a red zone offensive that struggled significantly last year.

18. Zaven Collins (LB) Tulsa - Perhaps a bit reach here, but the kind is a physical freak and highly decorated prospect that fits the mold that Flores will probably be looking for. With KVN being released this becomes a more important area for us to focus on. If Micah Parsons or Kwitty Paye fall to this spot, which I don't expect them to, then they would perhaps be better options but I wouldn't be at all unhappy about using 18 on Collins, the kid's a stud.

36. Jevonte Williams (RB) UNC - Unless we make a FA move, a true #1 RB remains a big need for us. Williams may end up the best in this draft. I would consider holding off on this need until later and picking up a Sermon or Hubbard, but Williams is the perfect RB to compliment what we already have.

50. Landon Dickerson (Center) Alabama - Dickerson's leadership qualities, gets the nod from me over Humphrey here, his helath status is a concern. Center is a big need until we address it, which I think we will in FA, if that happens then I would switch this pick out with Aaron Robinson (CB) to upgrade the nickel cb spot.

81. Dwayne Eskridge (WR) Western Mich - He's probably gone way before this pick unfortunately, as he's a perfect fit for what we are missing, if we are high on him we may consider using 50 on him. But if we stay here and he is gone there are plenty of other WR options we could take here, like Amari Rodgers, Tutu Atwell , Dyami Brown, Elijah Moore etc. I'm looking for route running and speed at this pick.

123. Elerson Smith (Edge) Northern Iowa - The kid flashed a lot in the game at the senior bowl on the team coached by flores and crew. I think he may have caught their eye and taking a late pick flyer on him could well be likely. He's very raw but there is a lot to work with there.

It's not a perfect draft, we only have 6 picks and more needs, we have to assume with $30mill in cap space that they will be active in FA and try to fill some of the glaring needs. Hopefully Center is at the top of that list along with finding a replacement for KVN's snaps. But I do think I have hit on our most glaring needs at this point. A lot won't like my first pick and think a TE should never be drafted that high and we have Gesicki already but Pitts is so much more than that and all I will do is direct them to his tape to really see what he could offer to a young QB.
I could also see a run on RB's, NYJ/Pitt/Buf/TB/ATL all could potentially use one. We could miss out again like last year if we wait until 36. I really struggle on who to pick at 18, outside of an obvious player that falls in the draft i.e. Parsons or a WR.

#3 K.Pitts TE
#18 N.Harris RB
#36 R.Moore WR
#50 C.Surratt OLB
#81 C.Sample DE

This would be after getting C.Linsley C and JuJu Schuster WR in FA.

I could also see a run on RB's, NYJ/Pitt/Buf/TB/ATL all could potentially use one. We could miss out again like last year if we wait until 36. I really struggle on who to pick at 18, outside of an obvious player that falls in the draft i.e. Parsons or a WR.

#3 K.Pitts TE
#18 N.Harris RB
#36 R.Moore WR
#50 C.Surratt OLB
#81 C.Sample DE

This would be after getting C.Linsley C and JuJu Schuster WR in FA.

I could certainly be on board with this, the one big question here is Moore's health issues, not that Eskridge is a lot better in that department of course. I agree Williams maybe gone at 36 too, I wouldn't have any issues taking Harris at 18.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom