Georgia Ilb Roquan Smith Is "the Guy [the Raiders] Want" At No. 10 Overall. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Georgia Ilb Roquan Smith Is "the Guy [the Raiders] Want" At No. 10 Overall.

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Todd McShay, Georgia ILB Roquan Smith is "the guy [the Raiders] want" at No. 10 overall.

"Roquan Smith is the guy," McShay said on a conference call Wednesday morning. "I don’t know that they would be willing to give away additional picks later to go up and get him. But he’s the guy they want." Smith and Va. Tech's Tremaine Edmunds are the top-two inside linebacker prospects in this class, and the Raiders seem to prefer Smith. In Oakland, Navorro Bowman remains a free agent, and the team has no clear heir in the middle. McShay compared Smith to Luke Kuechly and Jonathan Vilma. Extraordinarily athletic, Smith is a force both in the run game and coverage.
Related: Raiders
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
Apr 18 - 1:01 PM

Fine - let them take him. Not worth trading up for and frankly not worth putting too much stock into at this stage in the off-season.

San Francisco may take Edmunds, too. We could be up **** creek in terms of our two targets at the LB position...Vander Esch would be a great consolation prize, though...may very well be the best of the three...again, another guy (LVE) I wouldn't cry about getting.

LOL

With San Fran picking at 9 and needing a LB, there is no chance anyone would find this info out.

This report is as likely to mean they actually want Smith that it is to mean they actually want Edmunds.

They very well could love him but if someone they want more is available at 9, they might find themselves praying Roquan goes to SF.

This is the only time of year I'll turn into conspiracy theory guy.

I play poker and fantasy football with the same group of honest, truthful respectable friends. When money is on the line they (myself included) are all full of ****.

I can absolutely see them to being gone and we have to reach for Vander esch at 11 but I think if James is there we'll go that direction.

I would feel bad for Roquan if he ended up there. They are going to ask him to do things he simply cannot do, at least at this point in his development.

If SF and OAK take both the LBs, we should have our choice of one of the Safeties

I can absolutely see them to being gone and we have to reach for Vander esch at 11 but I think if James is there we'll go that direction.

LVE can't be in contention for the 11th pick.

If Edmunds and Smith are gone, 2 of Fitzpatrick, James or Ward will be available. They are prepared for a better scenario.

Four QB, Smith, Edwards, Chubb, Barkley, Nelson...bring me James or Fitzpatrick!

San Francisco may take Edmunds, too. We could be up **** creek in terms of our two targets at the LB position...Vander Esch would be a great consolation prize, though...may very well be the best of the three...again, another guy (LVE) I wouldn't cry about getting.
LVE apparently has some medical issue with his neck or back. If we have James or Minkah fall to us at safety I wouldn't be mad. bottom line is we will get a good player regardless.

LVE apparently has some medical issue with his neck or back. If we have James or Minkah fall to us at safety I wouldn't be mad. bottom line is we will get a good player regardless.

I'm hoping for James. I think the LBs get plucked by SF and Oakland in front of us.

On espn a few hours ago, mcshay had Oakland trading out to NE getting both of NE 1st rd picks and a possible 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom