Gerald Green impresses bobcats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gerald Green impresses bobcats

I wouldn't be surprised to see Green go even higher. I saw him at the Mc's HS challenge and he just oozes with talent. Not sure if he's got a good head on his shoulders but in terms of pure athletic ability...he's scary.

This cat is the next T-Mac. But the only problem about Green is his lazy attitude like T-Mac has. T-Mac is getting better with it, but lets only hope that Green wont be like T-Mac is his early stage.

The odds are he wont be the next t-mac. You spend your top pick on a guy who in the best case scenario contributes 2 yrs down the road. Thats just silly considering the Bobcats already have a solid core of players. Just look at what drafting Wright did to the heat. If there are players who can contribute right away, you take them.

Ferretsquig said:
The odds are he wont be the next t-mac. You spend your top pick on a guy who in the best case scenario contributes 2 yrs down the road. Thats just silly considering the Bobcats already have a solid core of players. Just look at what drafting Wright did to the heat. If there are players who can contribute right away, you take them.

At 13 they should take Raymond Felton who will automatically contribute but at #5 gerald green could contribute as well

Ferretsquig said:

what is this solid core of players? IMO the only player they have with upside is okafor. They have some guys who could be good role players but they shouldnt be starters. Its not like the bobcats have to win now. for the bobcats a guy like gerald green could play right away like the josh smith in atlanta or jr smith for new orleans. And its too early to see if the Wright pick pans out. Sure it looks bad now when a guy like jameer nelson may have been the difference in game 7 but if wright lives up to his potential and forms a great backcourt with wade then it will payoff.

VJ1252 said:
what is this solid core of players? IMO the only player they have with upside is okafor. They have some guys who could be good role players but they shouldnt be starters. Its not like the bobcats have to win now. for the bobcats a guy like gerald green could play right away like the josh smith in atlanta or jr smith for new orleans. And its too early to see if the Wright pick pans out. Sure it looks bad now when a guy like jameer nelson may have been the difference in game 7 but if wright lives up to his potential and forms a great backcourt with wade then it will payoff.

The Bobcats have 3 players who are starting calibre. Brezec, Okafor, and Knight. There is a chance he could pan out, and a good chance he would be similar to the Smiths, who both played lousy on worse teams. But as of yet, with the exception of the few cant miss types, I havn't seen any team reap benifits from the high school player they drafted.

I was about to knock you for including Knight, but I looked up the stats first. Numbers don't lie; a point guard who averages 4 assists per turnover is a keeper. And that's no fluke; Knight's career average is about 3 A/TO, which is still very good. If he can stay healthy, he's a plenty good enough floor general for the Bobcats to worry more about the swing positions.

Maybe Green is the way to go after all. Assuming they can't trade up to get Marv Williams, there's not a better swingman on the board than Green.

phunwin said:
Maybe Green is the way to go after all. Assuming they can't trade up to get Marv Williams, there's not a better swingman on the board than Green.

Thats what I have a problem with. How do you know there is no better player at that position than Green? Does anyone know anything about this kid? Hes a 6'8 kid who can handle the ball, so that suddenly makes him the next T-Mac?

Sorry, but the odds are he will fail, like the majority of high school players to come out before him. I'd much rather have a Deron Williams, or Frye, someone who has proven themselves against college competetion.

Ferretsquig said:
Thats what I have a problem with. How do you know there is no better player at that position than Green? Does anyone know anything about this kid? Hes a 6'8 kid who can handle the ball, so that suddenly makes him the next T-Mac?

Sorry, but the odds are he will fail, like the majority of high school players to come out before him. I'd much rather have a Deron Williams, or Frye, someone who has proven themselves against college competetion.

Don't get me wrong, other things being equal, I'd take Williams or Frye over him too. But none of those guys really fill a need for the Bobcats, unless they can get value for Knight in a trade (and maybe they should; point guard play in the NBA is the worst it's ever been), they need to take a swingman, and there's not a swingman who's rated higher.

Do I know this personally? Of course not; I'm not a scout, I'm just going with what I've read from guys like Chad Ford and Marty Burns and what I've watched in college hoops (of which Green obviously wasn't a part). But then, you probably don't have any more inside info than I do. (If you were an NBA scout, it's unlikely that you'd be slumming here.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Danny Granger project as a 4 in the pros? If he projects as a 3, then I'd probably take him over Green.

Ferretsquig said:

Actually Gerald Green aint the best at his position...Antoine Wright is

Antoine Wright's stock has risen more than anyones and he could be a top 6 pick

phunwin said:
Don't get me wrong, other things being equal, I'd take Williams or Frye over him too. But none of those guys really fill a need for the Bobcats, unless they can get value for Knight in a trade (and maybe they should; point guard play in the NBA is the worst it's ever been), they need to take a swingman, and there's not a swingman who's rated higher.

Do I know this personally? Of course not; I'm not a scout, I'm just going with what I've read from guys like Chad Ford and Marty Burns and what I've watched in college hoops (of which Green obviously wasn't a part). But then, you probably don't have any more inside info than I do. (If you were an NBA scout, it's unlikely that you'd be slumming here.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Danny Granger project as a 4 in the pros? If he projects as a 3, then I'd probably take him over Green.

I was just throwing names out there for comparison. Frankly I'd take half of those projected to go in the first round over any high school kid coming out this year.

I'm not saying I know anything about the guy or really anything about anyone outside the ACC. But who does know anything about him? NBA teams draft high school players and those from overseas teams without knowing anything about them other than what they looked like in a few workouts and how they played against vastly inferior competition. The whole system is screwed up, and there is a good reason why the vast majority of these players wind up as failures in the NBA.

As for Granger I thinks hes coming in as a 3. He likes to handle the ball and pass from the perimeter, so unless he wants to be in the mold of Antoine Walker I think hes planning on playing SF.

Ferretsquig said:
I was just throwing names out there for comparison. Frankly I'd take half of those projected to go in the first round over any high school kid coming out this year.

I'm not saying I know anything about the guy or really anything about anyone outside the ACC. But who does know anything about him? NBA teams draft high school players and those from overseas teams without knowing anything about them other than what they looked like in a few workouts and how they played against vastly inferior competition. The whole system is screwed up, and there is a good reason why the vast majority of these players wind up as failures in the NBA.

As for Granger I thinks hes coming in as a 3. He likes to handle the ball and pass from the perimeter, so unless he wants to be in the mold of Antoine Walker I think hes planning on playing SF.

The word of the draft is that Danny Granger could go number 6 overall the twist to this is the jazz pick 6th....

The hornets want to trade out of the 4 spot cause there really high on granger and then move down to 6 while the jazz would then take deron williams a pg who they desperately need. and then the hornets would get there guy at 6

Back
Top Bottom