Gerrid Doaks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gerrid Doaks

Better be decent. I’ll never get over them passing up on my guys the last two years if Doaks amounts to nothing.

Better be decent. I’ll never get over them passing up on my guys the last two years if Doaks amounts to nothing.
May be is not you....
There is a section of the community that because the team did not draft their guy, they wish the player we drafted instead to fail. Just to show they were right.

As a draft fan for over 3 decades. I can say this with certainty. We all have our favorites. Lord knows I wanted Micah Parsons. But that's just me. I've not witnessed a draft where fans weren't disappointed with whomever Miami selected at whatever spot in the draft. It happens every year.

That's what make the draft so much fun. As far as both 7th round picks go, I'm hoping they work hard and make the team. They both seem to have elements to their game that make them intriguing. Doaks just might surprise.

Normally a 7th round pick would be a real surprise just making the team. And Doaks might not make it - it depends on how well he picks things up.

But given the RB room is thin and just not uber talented, I think he has a good shot at making the team.

Others have indicated he's not that fast - but that's his long speed. He shows good short area explosion through the hole and that is evidenced in his impressive 39.5 inch vert at 228 lbs at his pro day (2nd among measured RBs in this draft).

The most important aspect of a RB is vision instincts, followed by the ability to make a quick cut into the hole. He appears to have that in the videos I've seen.

My hope is he'll be able to get some hard yards for us in the regular offense, move the pile some, and pass pro well. I don't dislike Gaskin or Ahmed, but neither are very physical runners.

This offense could really use a more physical running game - especially against some of the more physical teams in the AFC (and particularly in away games). Doaks and Malcolm Brown should contribute to that. I like what both will bring to the running game.

love the pick, maybe my favorite of the draft. That said, his level of competition was laughable. He'll need holes because he is not going to be breaking it outside or juking guys and I'm worried we don't have the line to provide them. If he's given any daylight he could be the steal of the draft

Best case scenario: a poor mans Terry Kirby

Strong pass protection and good hands as a release valve. He can also plow it up the middle for a couple - but he has good hands...

Best case scenario: a poor mans Terry Kirby

Strong pass protection and good hands as a release valve. He can also plow it up the middle for a couple - but he has good hands...

Sounds to me like a slightly bigger Gaskin?

Back
Top Bottom