Gerrid Doaks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gerrid Doaks

The obvious is, hoping he can develop into more of a featured back, perhaps even a guy that carries the load in the 4th quarter to finish out a game, when the opposing defenses are tired? There is plenty of roles for a RB like Doaks. RB's who can block and catch like him, tend to contribute in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Maybe just maybe Doaks becomes more than a role player. Let's hope Miami has found another late round gem?
I just read that his vertical was 39.5. That is really impressive.

Interested to see how he progresses.

Having huge speed, and taking it to the house is amazing, but you know what is almost as good, or in certain situations even better?

To have a powerback that consistently gets 4 to 6 yards, with the occasional 10 to 20 yard explosion.

If he is able to get 3+ yards consistently, that makes it far easier for Tua, and if he can get 1st downs on 3rd and short, he just proved to be far more valuable then his 7th round pick.

If he does that in a close game, while Miami is leading, continuing to help get 1st downs, while the clock ticks away, he more then proved to be what Miami needed.

Having huge speed, and taking it to the house is amazing, but you know what is almost.as good, or I'm certain situations even better?

To have a powerback that consistently gets 4 to 6 yards, with the occasional 10 to 20 yard explosion.

If he is able to get 3+ yards consistently, that makes it far easier for Tua, and if he can get 1st downs on 3rd and short, he just proved to be far more valuable the his 7th round pick.

If he does that in a close game, while Miami is leading, continuing to help get 1st downs, while the clock ticks away, he more then proved to be what Miami needed.
That's exactly the type of back Miami needs.

I hate to be that guy but..... everyone’s reaction about gerrid sounds like when we got kalen ballage 🤭
No way, Ballage was an upright runner who was not physical at all. He had good size, but tried to run like a smaller back. Doaks is definitely a more physical, downhill, runner who does not run upright.

I'm not gonna go crazy here. he'll get a chance in camp and pre season games. First, he'll need to play ST's, at least to start off and then they'll go from there. It'd be nice to hit on a late RB like other teams have done in the past but one day at a time.

He's going to have to beat Laird, which won't be easy because Laird is a very solid special teamer, and actually has occasional good plays on offense when we put him out there.

Doubt that he’d displace Gaskin or Ahmed ... but he certainly could be the younger model for Brown (making him yet another 1x year rental) ...

Who knows really, but would like to see him contribute on more than ST ....

Doubt that he’d displace Gaskin or Ahmed ... but he certainly could be the younger model for Brown (making him yet another 1x year rental) ...

Who knows really, but would like to see him contribute on more than ST ....
Well if he can't displace either of those I don't know why we drafted him.

Back
Top Bottom