Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan?

Top 12 weapon? No, obviously not, but that's not relavent. We aren't talking about a top 12 "weapon" contract, as that would include WRs.

He's easily a top 12 move TE though, and a mismatch against most man coverage.

Mach I think that’s where we’re not gonna find common ground to debate this, there Is only one trait that imo Gesicki has that resembles a tight end..6’5 245..

so his contract next year should be based and reflect on what he is as a weapon for this offense..

so I would include receivers and tight end and let me see where his production stacks up.

600 yards and 5 tds will get you about 4-5 million a year..this is what happens when you are a one dimensional player, all strengths and weaknesses have to be out on the table to come up with the number.

Did the poster ask top 12 WEAPON in the entire NFL? Why is there so much misframing by some to try and diminish this kids accomplishments and ability?

yes I do think The way we categorize skill players should not Be based on position But as how dangerous are you to a defense, how much impact and production do you have.

I’m not trying to diminish him, he’s averaged about 50 catches and 600 yards as a receiver The past two years, I say receiver because he is a complete liability doing the other job tight ends do..

I guess in What context do we want to put this player? if you say judge him like a tight end I couldn’t do that.

yes I do think The way we categorize skill players should not Be based on position But as how dangerous are you to a defense, how much impact and production do you have.

I’m not trying to diminish him, he’s averaged about 50 catches and 600 yards as a receiver The past two years, I say receiver because he is a complete liability doing the other job tight ends do..

I guess in What context do we want to put this player? if you say judge him like a tight end I couldn’t do that.

A TE vs. other TEs? How about that?

Mach I think that’s where we’re not gonna find common ground to debate this, there Is only one trait that imo Gesicki has that resembles a tight end..6’5 245..

so his contract next year should be based and reflect on what he is as a weapon for this offense..

so I would include receivers and tight end and let me see where his production stacks up.

600 yards and 5 tds will get you about 4-5 million a year..this is what happens when you are a one dimensional player, all strengths and weaknesses have to be out on the table to come up with the number.
I can accept that arguement, though I don't agree with it.

While he did take the majority of snaps from the slot, he also lined up in line 159 times.

I agree, he is never likely to be a great in line blocker, but to say he never plays as a traditional TE is just incorrect.

In What way is he a tight end?

Lol interesting. I guess since you’re suggesting he’s not a TE and is really a receiver. Tell me, Who are the receivers that comparatively are Y(In-Line) and say...the F(moveable piece).

Please take your time. I’m dying to know which “receiver” spends as much time in those roles as Gesicki.

I can accept that arguement, though I don't agree with it.

While he did take the majority of snaps from the slot, he also lined up in line 159 times.

I agree, he is never likely to be a great in line blocker, but to say he never plays as a traditional TE is just incorrect.

If I’m not mistaken that’s the lowest percentage of inline reps amongst starting tight ends who played all games ?

I could literally put jakeem grant inline and he would do a better job of blocking..

Lol interesting. I guess since you’re suggesting he’s not a TE and is really a receiver. Tell me, Who are the receivers that comparatively are Y(In-Line) and say...the F(moveable piece).

Please take your time. I’m dying to know which “receiver” spends as much time in those roles as Gesicki.
You didn’t answer my question? :)

You first sir .

If I’m not mistaken that’s the lowest percentage of inline reps amongst starting tight ends who played all games ?

I could literally put jakeem grant inline and he would do a better job of blocking..
Now you're being ridiculous.

He is alright if he stay it ok if he dont it ok. Thier no players on dolphins that is not replaceable maybe CB. That it..

Back
Top Bottom