Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan?

Yeah you got nothing. The guy is listed as a TE and does TE duties. Lol....
Lol he does tight end duties.he gets in the way on his assignments, if you wanna call that his duties ok.

He’s not a tight end, and as much as you keep saying it it’s not going to will it into reality..

As it has historically shown in the NFL, when a player is in the final year of his rookie deal, AKA the "Contract Year", and he is still with the original team that drafted him, it is likely that Gesicki will hit the free agent market in 2022. I don't see Grier and Flores putting the franchise tag on a TE that has his replacement in Long sitting in the room this year as a rookie.

If Gesicki WANTS to stay in Miami because of the progress and direction this team is going, he will stay in Miami and take the team-friendly offer.

Also, don't count out this team trading Gesicki before the trade deadline THIS year if the Fins are not in contention by November.

All in all, I know Gesicki is very popular among fans, however it is a misleading popularity. The tight end position has been mediocre to below-average at best for decades in Miami. While Gesicki is better than most that have played the position in Miami in recent memory, he is only slightly above average in his overall comparison to top-tier tight ends in the league.

Not a knock on him, he has had production, but that production largely can be contributed to the WR injuries and production quality that has NOT been very good. Now, with Waddle, Fuller, and Long added to the offense, Gesicki will have to maximize his opportunities this season. He'll have to put up at least 60 catches for 1,000 yards and 8+ TDs to warrant next level pay. If his stats stay on par around 40-50 catches for 600-800 yards and 4-6 TDs or lower, does that give him 7-10M a year for a new contract, in Miami or elsewhere? I don't believe so.

Sidenote: I love him as a player and locker room influence on this team, but I have a feeling the business side of the game wins this argument, just because Gesicki hasn't moved the needle enough to get the keys to Grier and Flores' private snack stash, figuratively speaking.
You are probably right. But are we ever going to resign some of our draft picks? Besides Jason sanders.

Lol he does tight end duties.he gets in the way on his assignments, if you wanna call that his duties ok.

He’s not a tight end, and as much as you keep saying it it’s not going to will it into reality..

Just because he’s not YOUR definition of that you consider a TE doesn’t mean he’s NOT!

Now since you consider him a receiver. Name the receivers that does what he does at the LOS?

Name them?

Just because he’s not YOUR definition of that you consider a TE doesn’t mean he’s NOT!

Now since you consider him a receiver. Name the receivers that does what he does at the LOS?

Name them?
Goodness, you don’t get where I’m coming from, it’s my opinion that him being in line is an exercise in futility, there are many receivers that could block better and are better blockers than Gesicki..

They put him there because they have to, not because they want to.. His only use inline is his size and using it to get in the way.

I thought what we were doing here is to figure out his net worth on the market?

Last edited:
Goodness, you don’t get where I’m coming from, it’s my opinion that him being in line is an exercise in futility, there are many receivers that could block and are better blockers than Gesicki..

They put him there because they have to, not because they want to
How can anyone get where you're coming from?

Between the hyperbole, and the outright false statements, you aren't making a lot of sense.

Many recievers who can perform better as an inline blocker?

Give me a freakin break. Any average DE would see 99% of wideouts and slots as nothing more than a tiny speedbump in their path.

Get real....

Goodness, you don’t get where I’m coming from, it’s my opinion that him being in line is an exercise in futility, there are many receivers that could block better and are better blockers than Gesicki..

They put him there because they have to, not because they want to.. His only use inline is his size and using it to get in the way.

I thought what we were doing here is to figure out his net worth on the market?

Sooooooo you got nothing? I answered your question and you couldn't even name ONE reciever that does what he does to show equivalency. But yet, you insist he's really a reciever! When everything else shows he's a move TE. But that's not exclusive, ofcourse, he performs blocking duties too.

Your problem is he isn't lining-up like the old school traditional TE's and blocking 90% of the time.

What's so funny is a guy like T.Kelce is EXACTLY the type of TE that Gesicki is..except he's a much better blocker. He like Gesicki are alot more F than Y!

How can anyone get where you're coming from?

Between the hyperbole, and the outright false statements, you aren't making a lot of sense.

Many recievers who can perform better as an inline blocker?

Give me a freakin break. Any average DE would see 99% of wideouts and slots as nothing more than a tiny speedbump in their path.

Get real....
It’s not hard... D ends have no problem dealing with Gesicki just like a speed bump..we don’t put him in that position to find out so it doesn't matter..

He’s a big receiver man and nothing else

Sooooooo you got nothing? I answered your question and you couldn't even name ONE reciever that does what he does to show equivalency. But yet, you insist he's really a reciever! When everything else shows he's a move TE. But that's not exclusive, ofcourse, he performs blocking duties too.

Your problem is he isn't lining-up like the old school traditional TE's and blocking 90% of the time.

What's so funny is a guy like T.Kelce is EXACTLY the type of TE that Gesicki is..except he's a much better blocker. He like Gesicki are alot more F than Y!
You never answered my question..

I’ll reiterate, what does Gesicki do that you would consider him a tight end?

Dont evade just answer the question man..

It’s not hard... D ends have no problem dealing with Gesicki just like a speed bump..we don’t put him in that position to find out so it doesn't matter..

He’s a big receiver man and nothing else
Have a nice delusional night my Phin loving brother.

Have a nice delusional night my Phin loving brother.
If anyone thinks this player is a tight end in any sense besides size they they are the ones who are delusional, but you have a nice delusional night as well sir .

Evading? What other question am i suppose to answer? You stop evading and be specific.

Answering and evading a question are two different things, you chose to evade. What is it with people saying Mike doesn't break tackles. If he can break one great, if he can't then that doesn't make him a shitty tight end. You want to break down broken tackles with me? Travis Kelce leads his team in 90% receiving categories, in fact that number is probably higher. He gets the most receiving touches out of anyone in his team, is targeted more than anyone in his team, and is basically his teams number 1 receiving target period. So it is unfair to say, well this player has less broken tackles than him, of course he will be because he gets more touches. Last season he was targeted 145 times so 10 broken tackles is a good number but based on how he is targeted is almost expected for him to have one

1Alvin Kamara *8375616
2DeAndre Hopkins*115140715
3A.J. Brown*70107513
4Cooper Kupp9297412
5Mike Davis5937311
6David Montgomery5443811
7Travis Kelce*+105141610

TE Stats:

KC​
15​
145​
105​
1,416​
11​
207.6​
13.8​
LV​
16​
146​
107​
1,196​
9​
173.6​
10.9​
GB​
15​
59​
52​
586​
11​
124.6​
8.3​
BAL​
14​
89​
58​
701​
7​
112.1​
8.0​
DET​
16​
101​
67​
723​
6​
108.3​
6.8​
MIA​
15​
85​
53​
703​
6​
106.3​
7.1​

Other than Waller, by far no one targets their tight end anywhere near as close. In terms of Yardage he actually ranks 5th in the league. In terms of overall production in the end zone he ranks 6th. And he's seeing an uptrend in performance season by season. Watch out, he might surpass the 1,000 mark next season and be named up there with guys like Waller, and Kelce.

Last edited:
Gesicki is another weapon. You have Parker, Waddle and Fuller. You can only double one 1 of them and Waddle and or Fuller will be commanding most of that going deep. Leaving a lot of open lanes for the rest. We should resign Gesicki early in the yr as I think he will have a great yr, just because of the talent we have added around him. Also, the kid we drafted is an upgrade over Smythe. If we can sign G for 10 million even if it caused us cap concerns I would prefer to trade Parker who has a similar cap number. We have so much depth at w/o and Parker is a good w/o with a good contract. Williams seems like a clone of Parker. If Williams is healthy I think we trade Parker

Back
Top Bottom