Gesicki And Other Questions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki And Other Questions

Not a bust yet , but it dont look good.

I'm sure I would screw up a lot of draft picks but two recent decisions that shouldn't have been complicated were T.J. Watt over Charles Harris and Dallas Goedert over Mike Gesicki.

Goedert wasn't close to Gesicki in SPARQ numbers, but still very high, and there was never any comparison in terms of frame, strength and overall normalcy for the position in question.

Smythe looks somewhat more athletic and fluid than expected. That can happen with college tight ends who are primarily blockers and seldom used in the passing game. The Seahawks pick Will Dissly was very similar to Smythe in college and likewise he was exceeding expectation as a receiver this season until suffering a major injury that knocked him out for the year.
I watched most of the senior bowl practices and Smythe was catching everything on one on one drills near the end zone and I could see he had good hands but like you said, he wasn't asked to catch much in college. Goedert led all TE's in the 225 and I thought HE looked more like Gronkoski than all the other guys coming out. Not saying I'm expecting him to be as good but I believe he'll be the best TE of his class.

One of the worst football players ive seen in the NFL. Can't stay on his feet, looks like he has never been tackled before. Gets blown up and fumbles by a DB with a full head of steam. Volleyball player with pads on. Wasted pick. You just can't teach someone soft as cotton to be a football player.
Cut your losses Smythe looks the part. "Big bird on skates" as someone calls him is completely lost slipping and sliding falling down, getting thrown around like a rag doll. Looks like the oversized freshman getting abused on Varsity.

Smythe looked much more natural. He resembled a legitimate nfl TE. Gesicki looks like a newborn zebra trying to stay upright. He’s very far from being what we hoped. There is so much work to be done I wouldn’t be surprised if he ever amounts to anything. This offseason is critical for him. Everything needs vast improvement.

O'Leary still looks much better to me than Smythe. I hope Smythe turns into a Fasano type starter for many years, but idk why people are getting so excited about him. He's never going to get much separation and seems limited athletically. I can almost guarantee Gesicki is still being paid way more attention to from defenses than Smythe is, which could be the cause of his slow development.

Another interesting thing on the 3YPC podcast they talked about was how poor the coaching staff is developing players. They even mentioned something about the technique they are teaching Gesicki on how to block is not the best suited for him, and they should be teaching him something else. Not sure on the specifics technique wise but that is frustrating to here.

Lol switching to WR? He wouldn’t even get off the line. Did you see what Malcolm Butler did to him week 2 in the red zone?

Well if he can't get off jams against corners as a wideout then he has no hope against bigger players as a TE. Pack your bags and go work on that resumé, kid.

If you read through this thread and kinda take it "all in" (i.e., become one

with the Ge-Zekie-Yeti) you'll get a good clear pic as to why we con

tinue to be irreverent as a franchise.

Can't draft. Can't develop. Can't coach. Can't adjust. Can't create. Can't...

He gets a pass this year imo.

First, Gase doesnt appear to know how to even use TEs. Second, he's a rookie.

Let's see what he has learned next year. If he looks the same, sure, call him a bust.

I've gotta tell you though, I think alot of you guys will be eating crow once the lights come on for him.

He gets a pass this year imo.

First, Gase doesnt appear to know how to even use TEs. Second, he's a rookie.

Let's see what he has learned next year. If he looks the same, sure, call him a bust.

I've gotta tell you though, I think alot of you guys will be eating crow once the lights come on for him.

Will the "lights coming on" make him stay on his feet and not slip and stumble everywhere?
Will they turn cotton soft volleyball player in to an NFL football player?
Will the lights allow him to not get bullied off every route by a corner or a safety?
I mean they get him an easy catch in middle of field he runs foward and gets blown up by a DB and fumbles LOL. They guy is trash. Watch him move around, he isnt fluid at all he looks wobbly and slippery. Brutal pick

Will the "lights coming on" make him stay on his feet and not slip and stumble everywhere?
Will they turn cotton soft volleyball player in to an NFL football player?
Will the lights allow him to not get bullied off every route by a corner or a safety?
I mean they get him an easy catch in middle of field he runs foward and gets blown up by a DB and fumbles LOL. They guy is trash. Watch him move around, he isnt fluid at all he looks wobbly and slippery. Brutal pick

We get it, you dont like him. But this team cuts alot of slack to a shitload of other players that have had FAR more time to prove themselves.

Gesicki is the least of my worries on this team.

Looks like the same player from college..

balance, coordination, technique and core strength is no where near what you want from that position in the 2nd round.

A year in the weight room is not going to eliminate it.

I dont care how he looks running. Awkward or not, he can cover ground. Hes limited, but he could be great at the things he can do right. Unfortunately our passing offense is a disaster so its hard to evaluate much.

Looks like the same player from college..

balance, coordination, technique and core strength is no where near what you want from that position in the 2nd round.

A year in the weight room is not going to eliminate it.

Looks the same. Unfortunately the combine exists.

Nothing will change but once in a while we should be able to fluke a method to take advantage of his strengths.

Somebody should have a side-by-side sig of Parker and Gesicki high pointing. We can spend all offseason imagining it will play out that way.

As long as the guy with the three tight rear ends in his sig doesn't switch, we're good

Back
Top Bottom