Gesicki: Big Opportunity | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki: Big Opportunity

For all the wonderful combine testing Gesicki did, it doesn't translate into any athleticism. He has no burst, is clumsy as a baby giraffe, and can be knocked off his route by a stern look from a DB. IS this the week Gesicki breaks out? I don't think that week exists on a calendar.

Vernon Gholston-type stuff....or it's like drafting the way the Raiders under Crazy Al did when he'd draft on whether a player was "fast" or not, like Derrius Heyward-Bey.

Don’t hold your breath.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying how we chose the wrong tight end. Goedert hasn’t exactly taken the league by storm and he looks pretty slow in his stem. Helps that ertz is there drawing all the coverage.

For what I have seen mark Andrews has probably been the best rookie tight end but some of its opportunity based. To date no one in the class looks like the next big thing at the position.

Gesickis had plenty of opportunity and done nothing with it cause he’s such a liability in so many aspects.

Gesicki is a bust, he's soft, cant block and runs crappy routes.
Awful awful pick.

Dude looks like a high school kid out there so far I don’t see it jumping off this week for him.

Give him the benefit of the doubt.

One completely scheme driven Belichick could care less catch for 8 yards

It’s more than that. A lot more

I agree.

But he hasn’t been put in a position that suits his strengths. And it’s hard to develop your weaknesses and build on your strengths when your own team has you Playing out of position

Whether you like him or not there’s talent/potential there that 100% has a place in today’s NFL schemes and he’s not even getting the chance to display it this year. If Adam Gase dreamed up an in-line TE in the second round then boy oh boy I question are decision makers IQ w/ gesicki over other options

I agree.

But he hasn’t been put in a position that suits his strengths. And it’s hard to develop your weaknesses and build on your strengths when your own team has you Playing out of position

Whether you like him or not there’s talent/potential there that 100% has a place in today’s NFL schemes and he’s not even getting the chance to display it this year. If Adam Gase dreamed up an in-line TE in the second round then boy oh boy I question are decision makers IQ w/ gesicki over other options

What strengths and where? Don’t say flex and split. I’ve got enough bad tape of that already to last a lifetime.

Speed cuts which limits what you can call and he’s got to win out of them and not get walled off or redirected in or at the top of the stem and there’s been zero of that on tape.

Dudes been on the ground more than anything and probably half of it of his own doing.

What strengths and where? Don’t say flex and split. I’ve got enough bad tape of that already to last a lifetime.

Speed cuts which limits what you can call and he’s got to win out of them and not get walled off or redirected in or at the top of the stem and there’s been zero of that on tape.

Dudes been on the ground more than anything and probably half of it of his own doing.

Flex and split are 100% gonna be where he makes his money in this league if successful. He’s best when in space where he gets a chance to stride it out. And in the red zone you gotta give him a chance 1 on 1. Now, I agree whole heartedly the dude needs get his strength up ASAP. He hasn’t shown anything on tape this year to warrant being worth a crap. Never thought he’d work our year 1 anayways. But you gotta take what his strengths were, what sold you, and find a way to incorporate that

The thing w/ gesicki is you know what you were getting when you drafted him. Stripping him from that role and putting him into this Mercedes Lewis wanna be role is our own fault bc he’s not gonna perform or develop from there

Flex and split are 100% gonna be where he makes his money in this league if successful. He’s best when in space where he gets a chance to stride it out. And in the red zone you gotta give him a chance 1 on 1. Now, I agree whole heartedly the dude needs get his strength up ASAP. He hasn’t shown anything on tape this year to warrant being worth a crap. Never thought he’d work our year 1 anayways. But you gotta take what his strengths were, what sold you, and find a way to incorporate that

The thing w/ gesicki is you know what you were getting when you drafted him. Stripping him from that role and putting him into this Mercedes Lewis wanna be role is our own fault bc he’s not gonna perform or develop from there

I was never sold. That frame and that stride the main reasons.

And I’d trade him in a nanosecond if someone was gullible enough to give me a late day 2 pick back in return.

Vs waste 2 more years on it. But yeah flex and split iso win or walk the plank he will.

Odds are good we will be cutting that dude within a few years.

I was never sold. That frame and that stride the main reasons.

And I’d trade him in a nanosecond if someone was gullible enough to give me a late day 2 pick back in return.

Vs waste 2 more years on it. But yeah flex and split iso win or walk the plank he will.

Yup my point was where the dolphins were sold

But yeah if this was the role gase wanted to take on I wouldn’t have been ringing gesickis bell either

Yup my point was where the dolphins were sold

But yeah if this was the role gase wanted to take on I wouldn’t have been ringing gesickis bell either

It’s time to start pivoting towards more a cj uzomah or poor mans jared cook here.

Keeping in mind that uzomah was a udfa.

We will never get the top 50 bang for this pick but we won’t get it for raekwon either so it’s nothing new.

It’s time to start pivoting towards more a cj uzomah or poor mans jared cook here.

Keeping in mind that uzomah was a udfa.

We will never get the top 50 bang for this pick but we won’t get it for raekwon either so it’s nothing new.

I’m hoping the jury is still out on smythe to fill that role. Part of me can’t help but think Dion sims could step back in and be okay too

Coming from an OSU guy, I was never sold on McMillan either. Especially post injury. It was just more “wanna be hype” than what his actual play was in college and folks are learning the hard way this year. He was never going to be spectacular. Jerome Baker is the money piece. I’m still pleased w/ kiko as well

I was really excited when we drafted gesicki but the one concern I had was his ability to run after the catch. Most of his college highlights were just jump balls and red zone passes but he really didn't have many great runs after the catch unless he was wide open.

You would think we would still take advantage of that ability red zone ability but I don't know if he is just over thinking things or if we aren't using him properly. I don't think he will ever be the seam threat TE we all wanted him to be. He's just lacks in some many other areas, weak, no instincts, route running is not good, can't block. That's probably why we haven't seen more of him. He's not good enough and coaches are going to put the best players out there as they should. Maybe we see more of gesicki once we are officially out of the playoff hunt.

Highly doubt we see more geisicki this week.

Last edited:
Yeah they had a lot of the same knock on Dallas Goedert but it just seems like Philly uses him so much better even thou they have Zach Ertz arguably the best TE right now in the NFL (at least top 3). So even if you concede that Gesicki is struggling to be physical why is the TE completely missing from the offense? O'Leary and Gesicki have a combine 242 yards for 1TD.

There is currently 33 TE's with over 200 yards and 1 touchdown right now in the NFL and Miami can't seem to get that production out of 2 guys? That's on the offense scheme.

DING, DING!!!
I'm not going to argue ANY Miami TE is Pro-Bowl, but no honest person can argue Gesicki or any other TE is being used optimally. Gesicki was drafted KNOWING he's a poor blocker. Yes, he can get better, but he was also drafted as a receiving threat. USE HIM THAT WAY!! Gase can create mismathes and . . . oh, wait, "Gase" in "mismatches" in the same sentence. My apologies.

Back
Top Bottom