Gesicki: Big Opportunity | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki: Big Opportunity

I’ve killed this kid but I thought he had his best game as a dolphin yesterday. And it had nothing to do with individual production in the passing game. Cause there was none.

I’ve killed this kid but I thought he had his best game as a dolphin yesterday. And it had nothing to do with individual production in the passing game. Cause there was none.

I really wasn’t watching him. What did you see that stood out?

Good call out.
I thought my mind was playing tricks on me watching Gesicki yesterday. I was like who is that?

We do not use him correctly. He needs to stretch the field. I do not think it will matter much. Even if he plays, Gase will only call 1 or 2 plays for him.
It's what he does on those 2 or 3 plays that will determine his future usage.

Yes sir I noticed that as well. He might not shut the haters up this year but it’s going to happen.

Really interesting comment from Coach Gase at one of last week's press conferences. He was asked about Gesicki and his lack of production and he responded by saying that he sees his progress with improvement at training. I am of the belief that Gase is a pretty straight shooter. If Gesicki wasn't doing better at training then he wouldn't have said it.
I am still of the belief that Mike Gesicki is a work in progress and with a big offseason in the gym he will get physically stronger. Both he and Durham Smythe should improve next season. BTW - Did anybody else notice some of the good blocks from Smythe to help the running game?

It is amazing to me that the Pats still treated him like a threat. The safety biting hard on the post is why Butler is open for the touchdown.

Patriots fans are really down on their defense especially the coaching. We lose track of that as Dolphins fans because we want to believe only our team has problems. New England nearly shut us out in Foxboro.

But when I was in Boston 6 weeks ago I heard plenty of sports talk radio and also spoke to local fans. Nothing but moaning about the defense, the lack of effort, and recent failed draft choices, and lesser coaching than they enjoyed previously. They expect to get into shoot outs every week. It was the Bears that week and nobody was surprised when it turned into a high scoring game.

During the game yesterday I kept thinking about what a difference between the attacking Bills defense from a week prior and the passive Patriots defense. Does anyone believe the Bills would have sat back and allowed all those laterals and for Drake to pick and choose any path to the end zone?

Gesicki was getting in the way of New England defenders but he really wasn't doing much of anything. It was more the weakness of the defense than a changed Gesicki.

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated on this board, but TEs rarely if ever come out and light the league up in their rookie season.

Hopeful prognostication is next season, realistically speaking he will probably finally be grown into the position in year 3.

Really interesting comment from Coach Gase at one of last week's press conferences. He was asked about Gesicki and his lack of production and he responded by saying that he sees his progress with improvement at training. I am of the belief that Gase is a pretty straight shooter. If Gesicki wasn't doing better at training then he wouldn't have said it.
I am still of the belief that Mike Gesicki is a work in progress and with a big offseason in the gym he will get physically stronger. Both he and Durham Smythe should improve next season. BTW - Did anybody else notice some of the good blocks from Smythe to help the running game?

I can live with "work in progress." I DON'T understand drafting a receiving TE and giving him a handful of targets.

Don’t hold your breath.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying how we chose the wrong tight end. Goedert hasn’t exactly taken the league by storm and he looks pretty slow in his stem. Helps that ertz is there drawing all the coverage.

For what I have seen mark Andrews has probably been the best rookie tight end but some of its opportunity based. To date no one in the class looks like the next big thing at the position.

Gesickis had plenty of opportunity and done nothing with it cause he’s such a liability in so many aspects.

After watching Dallas goedert yesterday I undersold him here. He looked DAMN good. Got called for a bogus opi. He looked the part and was better in his stem than I gave him credit for.

Back
Top Bottom