Gesicki may be a Chicago Bear soon. (RUMOR) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki may be a Chicago Bear soon. (RUMOR)

My hunch is that the "rumor of a trade" is complete B/S. We need Gesicki as an offensive weapon, but Roquan Smith would be nice to have. Dolphin Defense will still be fine without him.

Last edited:
Look at the Rams. They are always able to fit in talent.
After seeing what the Saints were able to do with their cap situation this offseason, I’m not even sure I believe in the salary cap anymore. As long as contracts and bonus structures are set up accordingly, you can seemingly manipulate the cap at will.

After seeing what the Saints were able to do with their cap situation this offseason, I’m not even sure I believe in the salary cap anymore. As long as contracts and bonus structures are set up accordingly, you can seemingly manipulate the cap at will.
Agree.

One thing about the cap situation. Miami set up Hill's contract, similar to Jones contact, where there could be, a likely contract restructure. I believe Miami has the option to restructure after the 1st year. It looks like Grier set this up knowing he'd need future cap space in 2023?

gesicki has the best hands on this team and can go up and get it, hes not going anywhere, with hill and waddle gesicki should thrive over the middle this year

im not sure why some here want gesicki gone, hes a playmaker who has been underutilized on crappy teams

i dont give a **** if his blocking sucks, the offensive linemen weve had also sucked at blocking and theyre still here and none of them can catch a ball one handed that was thrown behind them with a db draped all over them

Man i dont know about that. You guys have that much confidence in the other te or you think he sucks? Te has been a problem for years on this team. Hate to give up on him without seeing what he can do in this under new coach

gesicki has the best hands on this team and can go up and get it, hes not going anywhere, with hill and waddle gesicki should thrive over the middle this year

im not sure why some here want gesicki gone, hes a playmaker who has been underutilized on crappy teams

i dont give a **** if his blocking sucks, the offensive linemen weve had also sucked at blocking and theyre still here and none of them can catch a ball one handed that was thrown behind them with a db draped all over them
I think it comes down to how and if he'll be used appropriately in McD's offense. Apparently, he doesn't use TEs as the Pats do and if true he won't be featured and we'll need more of a blocking TE, not a receiver TE. If true we won't need him and the big salary.

I was thinking P Williams for T Jenkins. Neither one may ever work out, so we might just be exchanging problems. We would take a on little more salary in the deal, but not much. Jenkins hasn't been practicing but is saying he's fine.
I think that could be a win/win type of deal.

I'm hearing through the grapevine that Bears fans are clamoring for Gesicki as a TE and Slot receiver. Supposedly he'll be part of any MLB R. Smith trade to Miami. IMO the emergence of our young WR's and solid play by Smythe have made this a possibility.
I'll report more if I hear more.

Speculation video -

If we can get Roquan Smith, I say go ahead and do it. I love Gesicki, but I have enough faith in this FO, our scheme, mostly our coach to find a productive TE who is likely already on the roster. We would be better off with Roquan, assuming this is real.

I have no interest in paying Roquan Smith the kind of $$$$ he is looking for.

That is not a smart allocation of Cap space or cash.

Was hardly a showcase he played 4 snaps and caught 3 passes and a td. Seems more like he’s just head and shoulders above 4th and 5th stringers. He’s a solid 3 on most teams however our depth is insane.
Maybe. Definitely a bubble guy who helped himself.

Back
Top Bottom