Gesicki to New England | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki to New England

Terms: Mike Gesicki’s deal with the #Patriots is for 1-year and $4.5M with another $4.5M available in incentives.

He got exactly what I thought he would get per year based on his one dimensional talent, but the league denying him a multi unit deal is rough on him and what they think

I even said I thought 3/12 mill

BB is doing nothing but getting intel on the Dolphins. How much Geiski reveals, nobody knows how much.

I suspect that when posters say other teams are only getting players for "intel", then they are unaware that there are visual recordings of all NFL games.

Sounds more like "projection" to me. - rLOL

I wake up and see this crap? Gross. Wish I could say all the best to him, because I loved having him on the team, but I can't now.
Sure you can.

Don't let the "Lemmings" use their egotistical and unrealistic presumptions to upset you about the Dolphins org. and its players.

I never said he was misused by McD, just not a good fit for his system.

MG was a better fit with Fitzpatrick than Tua. Fitz understood where to place the ball for both MG and Parker as they used their body to shield the defender and place the ball up since they were taller than most DBs. Flores, Parker, and Tua himself all said he needed to do better trusting his receivers will make the catch. Not a knock on Tua, he was a rookie dealing with a hip injury who had been throwing to speedsters at Bama.

Gesicki's most productive year was 2020 when he averaged 8.3 YPA.

In 6.5 games with Fitz throwing to him...24-42, 395 yards, 9.4 YPA, 16.46 YPC.
In 9.5 games with Tua throwing to him...29-43, 308 yards, 7.16 YPA, 10.62 YPC.

In 2021, Gesicki had his most yards in a season at 780, but that was also his most targets (112) in which he had a 7.0 YPA.

Tua's strength is identifying which receiver will have separation and accurately throwing it to where they will be.

I am not saying Gesicki is destined for the HOF or an All-Pro, just that he did an decent job as a Dolphin and was a good teammate.

The Dolphins have had plenty of busts and I don't see MG as one of them. I just don't have vitriol toward him like many others seem to. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Great post.

I do think he'll help Mac make some big plays down the seam. He'll have a 50+ catch year. Contract is not the only factor towards the compensatory pick fomula. Games started, stats and Pro Bowl selections count too. We may get a better pick than expected.

Another good reason to wish him well.

There's always the natural part of being a fan, thinking, guy X will be different or break out, as soon as they go to a new team.. When it comes to MG, I could care less if he miraculously becomes an all pro or better than good. What we have seen from him warrants nothing but moving on. The guy can't break a tackle/run after catch. Hard to imagine these things changing.
Fair enough.

Because the Patriots fan don't watch him actually play and haven't learnt yet that he isn't a TE he is a WR (a lot of our fans still haven't learnt that). They see the catches and his fantasy rankings at TE a d think he can actually play TE in the NFL. Just wait till they realize he can't play inline, then the comparison to Smith will stop.

Now I think he will put up some volume numbers in NE because will probably be their #2WR most the time (Parker injured).

I suspect that BB will have already figured that out.

When Bill Parcells came in as our football guru, him and his braintrust did ZT dirty. They cut him, even though if anyone had earned the right to retire a Fin, it was ZT, and if my memory is right, I don't even think he got a goodbye press conference.

ZT then had suitors as a FA, one of whom was the Patriots, who made a hard push for him. Can't blame them, they saw how damn good he was up close and personal two times a year for many years. But ZT ultimately turned down more money from the Patriots to sign with the Cowboys.

Why? Well, when he was asked about it later, ZT said something to the effect of: I wasn't going to sign with the Patriots. You play those guys twice a year for more than a decade, you learn to hate them.

A man with aqua and orange running through his veins. I'm guessing that's what our pal Demi God meant.
This is exactly what I meant

Back
Top Bottom