Get on the Jordan Willis Train! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get on the Jordan Willis Train!

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Here is the surprise pick of the Miami Dolphins....productive pass rush with 26 sacks....sets the edge and good run stopper...freak athlete surpassing Myles Garrett in many area's including a 4.53-40...are you kidding me?.....this will be your first round pick....which is exactly why the Dolphins aren't talking about him!

Jordan Willis isn’t the fastest riser in the 2017 draft class, but he’s perhaps the steadiest riser. He is in Tampa meeting with the Buccaneers today, one of his 15 private workouts or team visits, and it seems feasible he could sneak into the first round. A 6' 4", 255-pound pass rusher from Kansas State—a defensive end who could transition to a 3-4 outside linebacker—Willis made a statement at the combine with a 4.53 40 time (best of all defensive linemen) and 39-inch vertical leap (second to Myles Garrett). At his pro day, he moved seamlessly between linebacker and defensive line drills, quashing concerns he appeared stiff on film. Scouts routinely compliment Willis on his hand work, a byproduct of working with Hall of Fame offensive lineman Will Shields, one of his mentors. Willis is a darling of Pro Football Focus, which ranked his 80 total quarterback pressures in 2016 as second most in the country. A three-year starter, Willis graduated third in Kansas State history with 26 career sacks.

The first signal Willis would ascend this draft season came at the Senior Bowl weigh in, when scouts buzzed about his physique. “He’s the guy who has never missed a workout,” says Simoneau. “Never. Not one, not for any reason.” Willis shined in one-on-one drills and in the showcase, earning the South team’s Most Outstanding Player honors with two sacks, two forced fumbles and a pass breakup.
In speaking to Willis, you are struck by his maturity. He has a deep, calm voice that makes him seem far older than 21. He also speaks with a sensibility rare for draft prospects. On why he didn’t feel nervous at the combine: “You know how high you can jump, you know how fast you can run. So just do it.”
On how he sells himself to teams: “I don't tell teams I think I'm the best pass rusher in the draft. I tell them I'm consistent with my pass rush ability, and I have a variety of things that I can do. Of course there are things I can work on, but for the most part I have a knack for affecting the quarterback. I try to explain to people my goal is not to sack the quarterback or even be a great pass rusher. My goal is to affect the quarterback. so if that's getting him off his spot making him float his a little bit, that’s my job.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/11/...e-riser-first-round-deshone-kizer-brian-kelly

I like him if Barnett, Reddick, Foster, and Charlton are all off the board. I like him in the same category as Harris, McKinley, Davis, Bowser, and Watt pretty much. Wouldn't take any of those guys at 22. I'd trade down if the board falls like that. Pick up an extra pick or two and still be able to get one.

I am on board the Willis train, and a few others, and would be very happy if we took him!

He's better than Charlton or Barnett...he has no holes in his game...better athlete than both.

I'm a fan of Willis for our wide pass rush set. He fits our scheme to a "T". That said, Willis has plenty of holes in his games. He's pretty much a one-trick pony on the edge who must develop a counter and an inside game to be a more highly productive player at the NFL level.

Sounds good. I like him over taco Charlton and even a dropping Reuben foster. I think hes gonna bust

I am on board but in a perfect world they would trade down first and get another pick.

I would take Foster and Lamp over him, probably.

Here is the surprise pick of the Miami Dolphins....productive pass rush with 26 sacks....sets the edge and good run stopper...freak athlete surpassing Myles Garrett in many area's including a 4.53-40...are you kidding me?.....this will be your first round pick....which is exactly why the Dolphins aren't talking about him! http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/11/...e-riser-first-round-deshone-kizer-brian-kelly
Just a tangential comment . . . monitoring the responses here will go a long way towards emphasizing why BPA or BPA by need is difficult to assess. Willis is either above Garrett or R2.

Would be fine with the pick. With Branch here, he would be rotated in, and allowed to work on his pass rushing moves before getting thrown into the fire and expected to play every snap.

PFF has him ranked in the top 5 for both run stopping and pass rushing for a DE. I don't live by what they say but that's pretty damn soild.

I've been wanting a dynamic pass rusher like him for a long time. I like him way better than Taco as to me he's just a base End while Willis can really rush the passer

Ozzy rules!!

Very nice prospect and a lot of people have taken notice. Round 1 though? Not sure.

Very nice prospect and a lot of people have taken notice. Round 1 though? Not sure.

But if you don't take him at 22 or a little later on a trade down he won't be there at 54

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom