Get over the Coordinators...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by motormouthmaz, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Tannchise

Tannchise Banned Hammered

the guy has a losing record as a Phin.
    He gets every excuse in the books. Is anyone really afraid he would go to another team and rip it up? his ceiling has been reached. there are ab's now in the draft better than him

2. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

i am with u. sadly there are many ppl on this site, who believe because he was drafted in the first round, despite being garbage at the collegiate level, and doing nothing special at the nfl level on a consistent basis, that he has the goods to be a top notch qb in this league.

if u started a debate on a nfl fan forum about tannehill, most people would agree with us about him, but on finheaven, most ppl r homers.

Dolphins81 likes this.
  3. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

His ceiling is definitely not reached. Nobody thinks that. Not even his biggest critics

If you want to appear less biased you should acknowledge his ceiling hasn't been reached while being critical of him not reaching it yet. At least pretend

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Ray R likes this.
  4. phish

phish Well-Known Member

If we took a QB at 11, I wouldn’t mind. Much rather get a QB then more damn corn !!!

Dolphins81 and elite14eva like this.
  5. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I wanna fast forward to the draft. Every thread gets morphed into a Tannehill debate.

6. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

who's wife is more attractive. Tannehills or Cutler? Now there is a debate!

Ray R likes this.
  7. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Then: he's a quarterback whispering guru. He even made Cutler look good!!

Now: nobody can make Cutler look good...

8. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

You are so lost in your hall of mirrors with your position that you seem to just be typing and not even trying anymore.
    • Picking a QB every year until we hit means giving up a draft pick EVERY YEAR that could have been used to upgrade the team in an easier position to upgrade.
    • Picking a QB every year until we hit as a strategy means you are admitting that you are willing to make it harder to negotiate with our existing QB or any FA that we might want to bring in, because our strategy will be clear -- they aren't/won't be the long term answer.
    • Picking a late round QB that could be developed over years doesn't meet your criteria, since it's all about replacing RT and/or having someone who can play if he goes down again, so you are clearly suggesting that we either trade up (and burn a year or three of draft choices) or take the 4 - 6th best QB available -- and what are the odds that player would be better than RT?

And for what? Our experience with Marino and Shula gives up proof that you position that the QB is the only position that matters is demonstrably false. So, why would anyone in their right mind follow this strategy unless they are drafting in the top 5, where the odds, as bad as they are, are at least better?

Ray R likes this.
  9. jbyrd850

jbyrd850 Rookie

lol funniest thing on this board is the people that "break" stuff down. We are one level up from the Browns, like I'm gonna waste my time breaking any thing down or really care about someone's breakdown of this crappy organization.

Go on the draft forum, you can read a breakdown on a ton of good college players....we will then draft a bust in the first round like we usually do and none of that other stuff matters.

Dolphins81 likes this.
  10. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Yes that's the goal, sadly for Ross, the real top goal likely is to keep us interested. So far so good for him.

11. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

I agree with some here, Gase is on the comfy seat for all of 2018. Everyone in the organization sees 2017 as a raw deal w/o Tannehill. Gase will get 2018 to steady the ship with 8-8 or better.

Ray R likes this.
  12. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

He isn't on a hot seat in Miami. His job is safe. I am sure, that had we not lost 3 starters before the season started, then Miami would have been in the playoffs. Losing you QB, ILB and CB before game 1 really put Miami into a kind of panic mode. Ross knows that. He isn't going to get rid of Gase. He has 2 years left on his contract I think, I may be wrong, not completely sure. He is safe for the 18 season, and more than likely 19 season.

Ray R likes this.
  13. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

The problem with Tannehill is that he's never really hit his stride. He was starting to but then Cambpell decided that Tannehill needed to be cheap shot on his knee. At that point he had a few games in a row where it looked like he was starting to excel in Gase's system. The fact that he got injured and then reinjured forcing Gase to panic and bring in Cutler is so typically Dolphin that it's just amazing sometimes. Now what? Anyone like Cutler? Didn't think so, I can't stomach the guy either.
    At the risk of agreeing with Tannchise, I also think we better bring in some QB competition for Tannehill. If we don't properly insure against a re injury to Tannehill then we are truly stupid. If in round 1 all the QBs you wanted are gone then I think the Notre Dame Guard could really make a difference for Miami. The Dolphins need a nice combo to run behind on the left side, imagine Tunsil and Nelson, if your QB isn't there make it happen. QB TRANSENDS ALL NEEDS IMO.

Have I mentioned this team is starving for a high quality Tight End, when are we going to solve that problem??. The Dolphins act like they're expecting Thomas Duarte to have a break out season!! Trust me, he's not, get a real TE in here already!

14. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Competition is good. Obsession with Tannehill is, well, frankly...a little bit creepy.

Ray R, andyahs, fin415 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

Competition makes people perform at their best. I read somewhere that NE had drafted 9 QBs since Brady. We have only drafted something like 5. 2018 should be the make or break year for Tannehill. He is 30 with a bad knee and hasn’t been lighting up the field in the past; his ceiling isn’t as high as what some think. You want to see someone with a high ceiling look at Wentz or Goff. Hell, Wentz had 33 PTDs in 13 games; when has Tannehill ever thrown 30 TDs in a season. If Baker were to fall down to 11, take him. If not, take a QB in the later rounds and take a G in the 1st.

16. dirkey

dirkey FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

My God. A thread about the co-ordinators, I come in, and all I see is @Tannchise again on about Tannehill.

Give. It. A. Rest.

17. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

to be fair, the OP didn't say much about the coordinators either

Ray R and Dolphins81 like this.
  18. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

All I can say is lol

19. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

This is true. Unless Gase has a tragically horrendous season in 2018 ... worse than this season ... he's not going anywhere. Gase has potential and knowing Ross' history of loyalty to coaches Gase probably has at least 4 seasons if not 5. So he should by the way. Some teams can turn it around in one or two seasons but realistically the way Miami has been so bad for so long we should expect a longer turnaround period.

Adam Strange, Ray R and tay0365 like this.
  20. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

Resist temptation and Just say NO to the churn.

Ray R likes this.
  21. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Gotta love this notion that's been fabricated out of thin air. Gase is NOT on even a luke warm seat ..where does this type of thinking originate??

Ray R likes this.
  22. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Only from those who dislike Gase.

Ray R likes this.
  23. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

I'd settle for a new DL coach. LB coach needs to teach his guys how to tackle. Let's go ahead and throw in a new TE coach as well.

24. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Y
    Why confuse opinion with FACTS!

25. Michigan Mike

Michigan Mike FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Having lived in Michigan and had the lousy Lions shoved down my throat my entire life, I can show you a team that hasn't had a good QB in decades until Stafford showed up, and I am questioning if he is even as good as his $135 million contract would make many people think he is. And even he isn't making a difference in their playoff dreams. He has a losing record (6-54) against winning teams and only 1 win against a winning team in 2017. And he is 0-3 in the playoffs. Sure he puts up a lot of stats and the come from behind wins but what good has it done? The team is searching for yet another head coach, a running game, a defense that can stop the run, etc, etc, etc. Sound familiar?

Things can always be worse.

Ray R likes this.