Getting a QB in 2006 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting a QB in 2006

KyPhinfan13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've done much thinking on the debate about whether we should grab whichever QB San Fran doesn't this year or whether we should take a runningback or Braylon Edwards. In my opinion, this is not the year to grab your "franchise" quarterback. I believe that Rodgers and Smith would have been taken after the top 3 quarterbacks last year. When you consider that fact, the lack of top-tier qb's this year means you have to go either runningback or wide receiver this year with the #2 pick. We will probably have a mid-first round pick next year (10-22) and even though I have no idea which QBs will be coming out next year, I bet there will be some better value for our team by waiting till next year for the QB of the future.

Get Braylon Edwards this year if we can't trade down and get a QB in 2006. Or, grab a QB like Frye or Walter in the 3rd round.

I agree. I would really like to see TB trade up by giving us thier #1 next year. Or try to get at least another 2nd round pick for next year. That way we can trade up into the top 5 to get a QB next year. Maybe if Ricky were to come back, we could trade him and our 1st round pick for the #1 overall and take Lineart.

I dunno... Saban may well give AJ a chance, if it doesn't work out I would ship the farm and some to get Leinart. He is the next great QB, extremely Brady-esque.

finsnchips said:
I dunno... Saban may well give AJ a chance, if it doesn't work out I would ship the farm and some to get Leinart. He is the next great QB, extremely Brady-esque.

Leinart is a stiff. Hes another Bledsoe.

If he entered this draft, Smith and Rodgers could have possibly been drafted before him.

Jnaledu3 said:
The QB class next year is worse than this years. It will happen this year.

if Drew Tate and Chris Leak come out along with Matt Leinart then the top 3 will be very good

Jnaledu3 said:

If he entered this draft, Smith and Rodgers could have possibly been drafted before him.

Highly doubtful. I think the 9ers would have selected Leinart 1st.

finsnchips said:

No way will Saban ever "ship the farm" for one player. Too much of a gamble, especially at the qb position. Now is our best opportunity, just sucks we ended up in such a weak draft when our # finally came up.

too bad we didn't have this pick last year..... but we dont.. and next year is worse than this year... maybe 2007 draft we can get a qb... even though we shoulda drafted a high round QB since around 97.

I wouldn't be surprised if the best quaterback from this year's draft turns out to be Adrian McPherson. That guy could be the next Donovan McNabb if he stays out of trouble.

KyPhinfan13 said:
I've done much thinking on the debate about whether we should grab whichever QB San Fran doesn't this year or whether we should take a runningback or Braylon Edwards. In my opinion, this is not the year to grab your "franchise" quarterback. I believe that Rodgers and Smith would have been taken after the top 3 quarterbacks last year. When you consider that fact, the lack of top-tier qb's this year means you have to go either runningback or wide receiver this year with the #2 pick. We will probably have a mid-first round pick next year (10-22) and even though I have no idea which QBs will be coming out next year, I bet there will be some better value for our team by waiting till next year for the QB of the future.

Get Braylon Edwards this year if we can't trade down and get a QB in 2006. Or, grab a QB like Frye or Walter in the 3rd round.

Couldn't disagree more, QB class is weak next year compared to this class, also, every year we wait to draft the QB is another year of delay before this team will be ready to contend. Where you think these QB's would have been drafted is irrelevent, they may both turn out to be greater than any of the three from last year, all that matters is if Saban has a conviction about one.

I don't think there is any question Leinart would have been the first QB chosen this year if he had come out. IMO

Jnaledu3 said:

I agree, Leinart is also the guy with the biggest questions about his arm strength, his ability to throw the deep out, I like the arms and athletic ability of Smith & Rodgers better.

Leinart also was going to need surgery on his shoulder this off-season which raises some serious questions about where he would have been drafted had he declared?

I agree. I don't feel we should use our pick on a QB this year. We might find better value next year. Secondly we used a second round pick to get Feeley. I'm willing to wait at least one and see what he's got.

Back
Top Bottom