getting ahead of oursleves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

getting ahead of oursleves

dj911

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i have benn reading alot of post lately and everyone is pumped up about the draft and the up coming season. and i am too but be real we have a new staff new coach and a unproven qb tough but unproven. i love saban and i think he will do great just not this year.

yes but i wanted to make my own point thank you

people saying that we will make the playoffs is not the majority of fans........so this thread is .... draw your own conclusions

if your not pumped about the draft and this upcoming season then you.........draw your own concluisons

i am pumped up about all the changes and our chances this is all new like i said .and i am not going to be like the normal fin fan if we go 0-4 that go saban sucks this one sucks it will take time

Remember this is the off season..Everyone, especially after last year, needs to feel Miami is going in the right direction.. Saying that, it pumps fans up that things have change in Miami and with every move, fans think Miami is getting better...

dj911 said:
i have benn reading alot of post lately and everyone is pumped up about the draft and the up coming season. and i am too but be real we have a new staff new coach and a unproven qb tough but unproven. i love saban and i think he will do great just not this year.

I think a healthy dose of pragmaticism is a good thing for Dolphin fans.

Yes! It's cool to get excited about drafting high and getting good players into our camp!

Yes! It's fun to guess which way SABAN will be leading this franchise.

But playoffs?

We're jam packed with free agent castoffs who AGREED to one year deals HERE because they COULDN'T get 3 year deals any place else!

I mean, wake up folks!

We're gonna be competitive and fight hard, but if we go .500 then SABAN is the coach of the year!

New coaches, each one running new systems, new verbiage (it's hard to remember what to call a play in a new system, especially for delicate flower Feeley) new teammates and new practice regimens and routines.

Nope! This team is gonna take about half of a season to find itself and it's identity and that's ok.

We're rebuilding and the LAST thing we need (honestly) is to somehow luck into 9 wins! I'm being honest! If we're gonna be good then let's win 11 and go get that trophy! If not, let's win 4 and go get Matt Leinart (our future QB) and our future CB (to replace Madison) and DT (to replace Bowens) in next year's draft and let's be great THEN!

I don't want to hover around .500 for ANOTHER 10 years. I want to be great. If we MUST suck to get the players we need then so be it.

That's just one man's opinion.

However, when the Phins are playing I'll be screaming bloody murder for them to win cuz I'm a true fan and I will NEVER root against my Dolphins! Ever!

But if we DO lose, the silver lining is that we weren't supposed to win this year anyway and it does get us that much closer to a big draft and getting the players that will change this team forever!

That's how I feel!

GO PHINS!!!!!!

dj911 said:

Miami was averaging 10 wins a season before last year, Saban has proven to be successful, and does know the NFL. Miami has very good talent on both sides of the ball (6 former or potential Probowlers on the D, 3 on the offense...... with almost all solid to above average players at the rest of the positions), add to that the best O-line coach to teach our O-line (That was improving last year), a good to great RB in the draft, and this team is competitive.

People seem to want to not understand, that with the talent on this team, what happened last year was the surprise, not them being successful this year. Think about this, if we don't lose both two D-tackles, or have a clueless rookie O-coordinator last year, do you think we still have as bad a year as we did? We will be a good team this year, and might even make the playoffs, but if this team gels right away, and the RB we get becomes a force, then, the question goes from will we be a good team, to how far in the playoffs will we go?

miami can't get any worse! but we wont make the playoffs for sure this year

tay0365 said:
Miami was averaging 10 wins a season before last year, Saban has proven to be successful, and does know the NFL. Miami has very good talent on both sides of the ball (6 former or potential Probowlers on the D, 3 on the offense...... with almost all solid to above average players at the rest of the positions), add to that the best O-line coach to teach our O-line (That was improving last year), a good to great RB in the draft, and this team is competitive.

People seem to want to not understand, that with the talent on this team, what happened last year was the surprise, not them being successful this year. Think about this, if we don't lose both two D-tackles, or have a clueless rookie O-coordinator last year, do you think we still have as bad a year as we did? We will be a good team this year, and might even make the playoffs, but if this team gels right away, and the RB we get becomes a force, then, the question goes from will we be a good team, to how far in the playoffs will we go?

I couldn't agree with you less, my friend. Although you state your case very eloquently, from listening to you it sounds like your saying that Miami's slide last year was less due to personnell and more due to bad coaching and decision making.

No coach instucted Feely and Fiedler to give the ball away over 20 times and almost ALWAYS in game deciding touchdown run backs. Show me the coach that can prevent that. Our defense without Bowens and Chester was pathetic against the run and there's absolutely no proof that we'll have either one playing at any kind of pro level this year. We WILL however be implementing a brand new DEFENSIVE SCHEME and for the first time in YEARS we'll see ZAch and company be the one's struggling to recognize play calls and zones and formations. OH, by the way, the offense will be doing the same this year. It should be a fine mess.

Littered with one year free agents, confused vets and rookies.

But hey, dream on. What you wrote sounded really nice and pretty.

It's just not true.

GO PHINS!

dj911 said:
i am pumped up about all the changes and our chances this is all new like i said .and i am not going to be like the normal fin fan if we go 0-4 that go saban sucks this one sucks it will take time
I think everyone knows that. Saban is trying to get us back into the playoff race with a team that was 4-12. It's going to take time and we know it will.

tay0365 said:
We will be a good team this year, and might even make the playoffs, but if this team gels right away, and the RB we get becomes a force, then, the question goes from will we be a good team, to how far in the playoffs will we go?
Well, I for one agree with you. While alot of teams struggle under new HC regimes, there are also teams that don't. Dungy's Colt's, Mora's Falcons, Parcells' Cowboys all had very good 1st years. These are teams that were below 500 the year before. The Dolphins could fall into either group. However, it's my opinion we will do well.

We're jam packed with free agent castoffs who AGREED to one year deals HERE because they COULDN'T get 3 year deals any place else!

.....Name some in key positions

There's not much that seperates a 4-12 team from a 10-6 team, this has been proven virtually every season. A lot of it has to do with coaching and knowing what direction you want to go with your team. Two years ago Wanny wanted to be a power running team, which means you need power running depth. Right? Well we had Travis Minus as our #1 backup. This was the most boneheaded move I ever saw. I saw it coming 2 years. My friends used to get pissed at me for asking "What if something happens to Ricky" As for turnarounds, The Steelers went from 6-12 to 15-1 last season. Chargers from horrible to 12-4 or whatever. How about the Falcons with a brand new coach and scheme to the nfc championship in 1 season. Old time "building" died when the age of free agentcy and salary cap began. When will people finally get this??

dj911 said:
Lets take it week by week baby..You have to admit we have already made some badly needed moves coaching being key.Lets see what happens in the draft and at least the first 6 games before we pass judgement.

Back
Top Bottom