Getting it right | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting it right

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone:

I am not flaming here, and mean it in good spirit, but lets get it right. I am seeing a lot fo posts that are inferring that Miami is doing certain things. They are usually based on an article. When you then read the article its just not true. Case in point the two current threads titled "Miami Interested in Henson" and "Marino likes Kitna". When you read the articles, the first one says nothing from Miami about being interested in Henson, the writer just lists Miami as one of a few teams who have the need at QB and could be interested. Its his speculation not a statement from the Fins. In the Marino article, Marino uses Dilfer and Kitna as examples of QB's who have success and are not high draft picks. It does not mean he is coveting them in any way. This is not limited to just these two threads as I see this a lot.

The reason I mention this is that this is the time of year where speculation runs crazy. It is hard enough to sort out the facts. The reality is that some people take these kinds of posts and run with them and then we get 30 posts about the meritts of Henson over Rivers and Kitna over Brunell. The fact is they are are not even factors at this point. Everything can change and when there is a legitimate source of information we should all talk about it.

All we know at this point is Miami has the #20 pick, they are looking hard at QB and spent a lot of time with Rivers at the Senior Bowl. We also know Brunell's agent has said Miami is one of the teams his client would like to play for. Other than that people, no one knows anything.

Lets speculate and have fun but lets be clear what is opinion and what is reality.

Great post, I definetly agree and understand why you think that.

I heard that Miami is going to trade Madison and Ogunleye for the 1st and 2nd overall picks and then Draft Eli Manning AND Ben Roethlisberger and have them compete for the starting job in training camp!

:band: :rocker: :jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite

Originally posted by fin-atic

The reason I mention this is that this is the time of year where speculation runs crazy. It is hard enough to sort out the facts. The reality is that some people take these kinds of posts and run with them and then we get 30 posts about the meritts of Henson over Rivers and Kitna over Brunell. The fact is they are are not even factors at this point. Everything can change and when there is a legitimate source of information we should all talk about it.

I agree with not stating oblique references as facts to take to heart, but really ... if we didn't have all the "wild speculation," what would we talk about during the offseason? If we restricted our conversation to facts disclosed by "legitimate sources of information," we'd have precious little to talk about at this point in the game.

Originally posted by Lukin
I heard that Miami is going to trade Madison and Ogunleye for the 1st and 2nd overall picks and then Draft Eli Manning AND Ben Roethlisberger and have them compete for the starting job in training camp!

This is exactly what fin-atic was talking about.:rolleyes2

I heard something similar, but my source said they were gonna grab the top two punters available with those two picks, and bring back Ray Lucas to QB for us. I heard the new strategy will be to play the field position game for four quarters, and win it in the end.

i also heard Dave thinks we should trade off Ricky and Chambers for high draft picks then trade those picks for some future low picks so that we clear up cap space and bring in more Defenive FA's like, Troy Vincent, Warren Sapp, Dhani Jones, Chris McAllister, Ty Law, Bobby Taylor, Shawn Springs.....

i also heard Dave thinks we should trade off Ricky and Chambers for high draft picks then trade those picks for some future low picks so that we clear up cap space and bring in more Defenive FA's like, Troy Vincent, Warren Sapp, Dhani Jones, Chris McAllister, Ty Law, Bobby Taylor, Shawn Springs.....
We could then trade all of them away for 3J.

Let me get this straight:

Are you saying that we have signed Henson and Kitna?

Originally posted by fin-atic
Hey everyone:

I am not flaming here, and mean it in good spirit, but lets get it right. I am seeing a lot fo posts that are inferring that Miami is doing certain things. They are usually based on an article. When you then read the article its just not true. Case in point the two current threads titled "Miami Interested in Henson" and "Marino likes Kitna". When you read the articles, the first one says nothing from Miami about being interested in Henson, the writer just lists Miami as one of a few teams who have the need at QB and could be interested. Its his speculation not a statement from the Fins. In the Marino article, Marino uses Dilfer and Kitna as examples of QB's who have success and are not high draft picks. It does not mean he is coveting them in any way. This is not limited to just these two threads as I see this a lot.

All we know at this point is Miami has the #20 pick, they are looking hard at QB and spent a lot of time with Rivers at the Senior Bowl. We also know Brunell's agent has said Miami is one of the teams his client would like to play for. Other than that people, no one knows anything.

Lets speculate and have fun but lets be clear what is opinion and what is reality.

Point well taken but the problem is, most of the people who post these things really don't know how to discern between what is simply speculation on the behalf of the article's author and insided information reported by the writer.

For the most part, people will read into articles only what they want and then sprint over to their computers to type something up before anyone else "scoops" them. They generally read only blurbs from the piece and, therefore, are unable to get the contextual meaning of the piece as a whole.

I wouldn't hold your breath for too long on this one Fin-atic, it's going to continue to happen as most people are either too impatient to read through an entire piece or lack the skills to glean the true meaning of said piece and that's not likely to change at your request.

Back
Top Bottom