Giants CB Will Allen arrogant comments......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants CB Will Allen arrogant comments.........

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Giants | Peterson Confident In His Abilities - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:17:26 -0800

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports New York Giants CB Will Peterson is anxious for the 2004 season to begin in order to show that he is an elite NFL cornerback. "I am so happy that we have T.O. (Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens) and WR Keyshawn (Johnson of the Dallas Cowboys) and those guys in our division right now and that we play them twice a year," Peterson said. "There is no receiver out there that I can't cover, or I can't shut down. I feel like once I put a 16-game season together, I will let the fans decide. That is my number one goal - just for the fans to know and the people that know football, to respect me as the top corner."

Is this guy joking?? I'm all for players that like a challenge, but there isn't a CB in the league that can handle Randy Moss 1v1 including Allen who let Moss get 7 receptions for 125 yards and 2 TDs this past season.

You should change the subject title. It was Will Peterson, not Will Allen, who said that. Anyway, not even the best corners can shut down every receiver, and Peterson isn't even close to being among the best.

I seem to recall SF coming back from a huge deficit in the '02 playoffs against the Giants as Owens and Streets had their way and ominated the Giant DBs. I know Mr. Peterson was there, maybe he better rethink his comments after that performance.

Back
Top Bottom