------- Gibril Wilson: Stepping it up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------- Gibril Wilson: Stepping it up

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gibril Wilson looks to finally be coming around.

Of the 64 starting safeties in the NFL, ProFootballFocus.com has him currently ranked as the #11 overall safety for 2009 play.
It's not perfect, but this website is very thorough (analyzing every play) and is a good barometer.

He started out very rough, but has steadily climbed his way back...
He's been ballin' the last 7 weeks.

Here's his week-by-week overall rating (pass, run, penalties, etc):
Of course:
negative = bad
zero = average
positive = good

+0.1
=0.0
+0.2
+1.0
+2.9
+1.2
+2.0
+1.5

As you can see, his first 7 weeks cumulative rating = -5.6
His last 7 weeks, his cumulative rating is = +8.0

Link:
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=S&stype=r&runpasteamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

He stinks. I just hope he can put a few plays together this weekend.

Thanks for the stats, but I refuse to ignore what my eyes tell me each Sunday: he's a very good run-support safety, but is a major liability defending the deep pass.

He fits in better with a secondary that does not have two rookie starting corners. And while I like Bell and think he's a nice player and I love Smith/Vontae....but Wilson just fits in better with a secondary where he doesn't need to be the star.

hes stepping it up?

so he went from atrocious to fairly less atrocious

This guy blows, stats don't tell the entire picture.

Gibril Wilson probably cant even cover his mouth when he coughs

Gibril Wilson looks to finally be coming around.

Of the 64 starting safeties in the NFL, ProFootballFocus.com has him currently ranked as the #11 overall safety for 2009 play.
It's not perfect, but this website is very thorough (analyzing every play) and is a good barometer.

He started out very rough, but has steadily climbed his way back...
He's been ballin' the last 7 weeks.

Here's his week-by-week overall rating (pass, run, penalties, etc):
Of course:
negative = bad
zero = average
positive = good

+0.1
=0.0
+0.2
+1.0
+2.9
+1.2
+2.0
+1.5

As you can see, his first 7 weeks cumulative rating = -5.6
His last 7 weeks, his cumulative rating is = +8.0

Link:
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=S&stype=r&runpasteamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1
I can't believe you actually posted that in all seriousness. Confess, you were being sarcastic, right?

Thats site is messed up... look at the HB ratings and then tell me it's correct... AP is the 26th best HB in the NFL... Ray Rice is the 2nd best??

I bet you would find that Smith and Vontae's improved play is "confounding" those statistics.

Thats site is messed up... look at the HB ratings and then tell me it's correct... AP is the 26th best HB in the NFL... Ray Rice is the 2nd best??
you confusing best with effective. Of course AP is a very good top 3 back, however his YPC is very low for an elite back, meaning his effectiveness is lower than someone like Ray Rice.

Back
Top Bottom