------- Gibril Wilson: Stepping it up | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------- Gibril Wilson: Stepping it up

Gibril Wilson has shown that he would be equal to Bell as a SS. THus, why I dont see MIA cutting him after this season. Especially with his improvement. I think MIA will bring him back and have two starting caliber SS's on the roster. They probably bring back Clemons as well as draft another FS to compete with Clemons for that starting FS spot.

With a depth chart of:

FS: Rookie/Clemons
SS: Bell/Wilson

This season should have taught Sparano to respect "depth" like if the season depends on it, and it does. You need to have a starting caliber backup at each position in order to compete and not have your season just thrown away by one injury to a starter and no starting quality guy behind him. Thus, my expection.

The ignorance on this board is priceless. We're going to bash a guy who's completely correct? Gibril Wilson HAS stepped it up the last 5-6 games. Wilson and Bell are starting to come around. We can all go back to trashing the resident whipping boy, Ted Ginn.

Wilson had problems with missed tackles early on but I don't think he's had any for the last couple of months and Bell very rarely misses. The two of them have been secure and very strong in run support which is just as well considering the poor LB play. I've seen some other high profile teams play recently whose secondaries just don't seem able to wrap up at all

It's pretty obviously what the weakness of the safeties is - neither of them can cover very well and when they do get in position they can't make a play on the ball. 1 pick between them is pretty pathetic

I agree with the previous poster who said next season Wilson will move to SS and compete with Bell

Gibril is unfortunately one of the scapegoats for Dolfans' dissatisfaction with the inconsistency of the team.

Yes, he was downright abysmal to start the season. Since then, he's been significantly better, but people haven't been able to let go of their kneejerk opinions.

PFF's methodology isn't perfect, but it's fairly sound in my opinion. And they notice and tally the things that most of us won't see - I'll trust their stats "over my own eyes" any day, unless I'm actually in the business of keeping track of players the way they do.

Back
Top Bottom