Gil Brandt's 10 Best Players Remaining Day 2 ( Jordan Phillips on the list ) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gil Brandt's 10 Best Players Remaining Day 2 ( Jordan Phillips on the list )

I've always wanted this team to go with who they feel is BPA . Those who bash this pick because it doesn't fill a "need" and have wanted BPA are being hypocritical .

Now if you have a problem with the player itself then that's a whole other issue . But he was regarded by MANY as one of the Best players available and had a 1st round grade on him . What's the issue here ? That he's not a mlb guard or corner ? Ok then don't ever mention BPA again .

The fact is he did fill a need. For thise not paying attention we lost two DTs to free agency and our run D last year was a joke. Huge need.

Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma
Phillip appeared in 28 games with 17 starts during a three-year career with Oklahoma’s football team, recording 58 tackles with 3.5 sacks.
Brandt’s Take: “The knock against Phillips is that he doesn't compete hard all the time. But then, he played one of the best games of his career -- in which he notched seven total tackles -- in a blowout loss to Clemson in the Russell Athletic Bowl last year. We're talking about a guy who is taller than 6-5, weighs nearly 330 pounds and ran a 5.1 40 -- guys like that are hard to find.”

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...-557e-418d-aabe-6683c2cc28c0?short_code=2wx9n

...I for one am pretty stoked we picked him. I really wanted Danny Shelton to team up with Suh but from what I'm reading I'm glad it worked out this way...still firmly believe this game is started in the trenches...
This tandem will give our def a stout presence in the middle and allow play maker wake ta bit more freedom..if not then it allows us to crush the middle of the pocket..
...it gives our linebackers more room to breathe and allows them to make plays on the edge....it allows our cb's a better chance to play their man a bit tighter...look if we can disrupt the pocket up the middleconsistently then pocket passers are going to be a bit nervous and probably trigger happy...Tom Brady is a classic pocket passer and to win the division we have to unseat the pats...pure and simple..

...I get it if you wanted a linebacker or a corner but for me this is where it all starts and our run def last year wasn't all that and a bag of chips when the game was on the line especially...too often teams dictated the momentum by running it down our throats...

Back
Top Bottom