Gil Brandt's 10 Best Players Remaining Day 2 ( Jordan Phillips on the list ) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gil Brandt's 10 Best Players Remaining Day 2 ( Jordan Phillips on the list )

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma
Phillip appeared in 28 games with 17 starts during a three-year career with Oklahoma’s football team, recording 58 tackles with 3.5 sacks.
Brandt’s Take: “The knock against Phillips is that he doesn't compete hard all the time. But then, he played one of the best games of his career -- in which he notched seven total tackles -- in a blowout loss to Clemson in the Russell Athletic Bowl last year. We're talking about a guy who is taller than 6-5, weighs nearly 330 pounds and ran a 5.1 40 -- guys like that are hard to find.”

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...-557e-418d-aabe-6683c2cc28c0?short_code=2wx9n

I've always wanted this team to go with who they feel is BPA . Those who bash this pick because it doesn't fill a "need" and have wanted BPA are being hypocritical .

Now if you have a problem with the player itself then that's a whole other issue . But he was regarded by MANY as one of the Best players available and had a 1st round grade on him . What's the issue here ? That he's not a mlb guard or corner ? Ok then don't ever mention BPA again .

I had him ranked about 39th overall.....I think his back issues scared some people off, but damn we have a lot of meat now on the defensive line. Nobody will run on us.

I don't love it mainly because Dawson, perryman and Rowe were all still available and were also good value, but if they like him that much hopefully he'll prove worth it. I can tell you that his work ethic wont be an issue if they pair him up with suh!

I don't love it mainly because Dawson, perryman and Rowe were all still available and were also good value, but if they like him that much hopefully he'll prove worth it. I can tell you that his work ethic wont be an issue if they pair him up with suh!

Dawson wouldn't have been good value. Nobody thought he was worth picking until the end of the third round.

I actually mocked Phillips to the Pats at #32.

He might not be a bad player but I just feel that we have more pressing needs. A backup DT in round 2 wasn't much of a need IMO.

Look in the end, you have to trust the Dolphin brain trust, and although I agree from my perspective, Perryman or Rowe or the Offensive lineman from Oregon would have made more sense, I really don't have the fund of knowledge that the coaches etc have. I would love to see in what ever manner they do it, picking up Mathis and Kendrick from Philadelphia and that to me would be the most elite draft they have had in decades.

He might not be a bad player but I just feel that we have more pressing needs. A backup DT in round 2 wasn't much of a need IMO.

He could start. Mitchell could rotate it's not like Mitchell is set in stone as a starter & I think Jordan can bring more pressure then Mitchell on passing downs.

He could start. Mitchell could rotate it's not like Mitchell is set in stone as a starter & I think Jordan can bring more pressure then Mitchell on passing downs.

Even if he does start you're talking about a rotational guy at best. Meanwhile we need full time starters at G, LB and CB
I don't like the pick.

Personal opinion, but I see a similar trajectory of his rookie season to Landry's. Not a clear cut starter, but a big-time contributor. By season's end there's a very good chance we talk about Phillips with same optimism we lend Juice.

Even if he does start you're talking about a rotational guy at best. Meanwhile we need full time starters at G, LB and CB
I don't like the pick.

The value was not there at the OG position where we were picking. CB you could make an argument, but I don't make the boards.

I've always wanted this team to go with who they feel is BPA . Those who bash this pick because it doesn't fill a "need" and have wanted BPA are being hypocritical .

Now if you have a problem with the player itself then that's a whole other issue . But he was regarded by MANY as one of the Best players available and had a 1st round grade on him . What's the issue here ? That he's not a mlb guard or corner ? Ok then don't ever mention BPA again .

Definitely, a BPA pick. I am happy with the pick.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

The last thing I want a GM to think about in the deft is need. Talent, talent, talent! Great pick in my opinion.

Need picks always fail. BPA will make you a much better team. Just don't forget Jeff Ireland who always picked need over BPA and we sucked so bad.

Back
Top Bottom