Gil Brandt's Top 12 OL in draft REGARDLESS of position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gil Brandt's Top 12 OL in draft REGARDLESS of position

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Brandt knows his stuff and at 11 and 12........

11. Wade Smith, Memphis (6-3 7/8, 298, 5.14)

At the Combine, Smith displayed a 32½-inch vertical, a 9-foot-6 long jump, did 24 reps and ran 5.14 twice in the 40-yard dash. Played tight end in a wishbone offense in high school. At Memphis, played and started one game at tight end as a true freshman, played some tight end in 2000, starting two games, and started the last two years at tackle. Was voted team captain in 2001. A very fluid athlete with good feet. Once played with a broken right thumb. A great character person, just needs more physical development to play in the NFL. I think he can play center, guard or left tackle. His birthday is Draft Day -- he'll be 22 on April 26.

12. Taylor Whitley, Texas A&M (6-3 7/8, 321, 5.2)

Whitley had a complete Combine workout, doing a 30-inch vertical, an 8-foot-10 long jump, 29 reps, and two 40s for times of 5.15 and 5.25. At his Pro Day, his times were 5.13 and 5.16. Played on both lines in high school while winning the state shot-put championship three times and the state discus title once. His father, Dennis, played at Baylor. After redshirting in 1998, played in 1999 before starting the last three years at guard (he did start a bowl game in 2000 at tackle). An above-average athlete with good quickness. Plays hard, has good work habits both on and off the field, and good feet and leg drive. A fine player who has the ability to start quickly and play a long time.

The Whitley pick was pretty suprising to me...

I got to wonder what the long term future is for Todd Perry...especially if Jaime Nails recovers fairly rapidly.

Re: The Whitley pick was pretty suprising to me...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I got to wonder what the long term future is for Todd Perry...especially if Jaime Nails recovers fairly rapidly.

BUH BYE or serious pay cut

actually 3 or the 8 lb ahead of Moore on this list were available, but all 3 had doubts about whether they could play outside.

As for OL, only Holland and Hunter would have been available to us.

Im telling you guys, there's no better talent evaluators than Dave and Rick..I've seen it time and time again..

Back
Top Bottom