Gilyard would love to be in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gilyard would love to be in Miami

If Gilyard wasn't quick, he wouldn't even be a scholarship player in college. He's rail thin, not physical, and apparently has no better than 4.50 type speed. Plus he drops the ball too much to consider hands to be a big strength for him.

Everyone wants to play for Miami, we get it. Not going to happen. Gilyard is the complete opposite of what we need. He isn't a physical WR who picks up a lot of YAC. Pass.

NOOOOOO, That pick might be worse then picking Tebow.

NO to Gilyard,

Heck, i dont even want Rolando mcclain at 12.

I guess you could call me picky...

I think the biggest problem with Gilyard is the diva-like attitude that he carries. Just from a character standpoint he does not look like a player that fits the Trifecta's taste. Beyond that, he has solid skills as a WR, but not the kind of impact player the Dolphins need right now. Remember, Miami is looking for someone that can seamlessly enter the league, commit to their offensive scheme and produce significant numbers. That may be a lot to ask from a rookie WR, but its even more to ask from a work in progress like Gilyard.

well,Omar did say Miami was in the market for a YAC receiver,and Gilyard is among the best in the game.....definately could see that happening in the 2nd,but if that were to happen,we would need a pass-caching TE to completely negate the need for a true no. 1 WR.....I expect Miami to keep Jimmy Graham in Miami in the 3rd round.....I definately think its a given,sure pick.

Gilyard played a LOT tougher than Ginn in the Senior Bowl. I think he'd be a good compliment to Hartline. Pick up Gilyard and put him Hartline and Ginn on the field at the same time. Take the pressure off of Downy to be the man and see what happens.

When Ted Ginn's run blocking is far superior to your own, you don't get to call yourself the more physical receiver.

I don't get all the love fest for Gilyard and those who would actually WANT Miami taking him in the 2nd need to catch a clue because that would be a downright waste of a pick ala White last season. We already have a slot guy so what's the point in taking Gilyard who would be a 3/4 WR? He's not big, he's not that fast, and his hands arent that great. If he falls to the 4th, sure. Otherwise, no way.

He is just too soft. Will not even attempt a block or will not break bump and run coverage. How is he going to line up against Revis? You have to ask that question. Spending a second round pick on a WR, that can not even create separation is not what we need.

he may be next jackson from eagle

Only way I can see it is if they get rid of Ginn.....they're virtually the same type player....with Gilyard being a little rougher around the edges (in a good way) and not as soft as Ginn...

I wouldn't take Gilyard until the 3rd/4th round if I was going to take him....and if Shipley was still available I'd take him there over Gilyard anyway...

small but plays with a big hart...speed is key and how he run his route...i would draft him in 4 to6 rd if still on board...play like pittsburg wr holmes..

Rather have Shipley, D. Thomas then Gilyard. Thomas is gonna be a late first or early 2nd round pick after the combine though.

Back
Top Bottom