Ginn Jr, give players a break for crying out loud. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn Jr, give players a break for crying out loud.

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
for those taht hate on Ginn Jr so much, you HAVEN"T SEEN HIM PLAY IN TEH NFL TO JUDGE HIM AS A BUST TO BE OR JUST A ST DREAM!!!

Why is Steve smith so good? he is fast as hell and small as hell so he gets by defenders or gets a slant pattern n takes it to the home with that speed. Why is harrison so good? he has the speed and route running but is as skinny as me. Chad johnson, why is he soo good? he is as skinny as me when it comes to legs but fast as hell. TO is the only MAN looking player out there but thats it adn a lot has to do wiht his aggressiveness and just brains for the game. Other then that evreyone is small, and fast. look at chambers, he is shorter then Ginn Jr!! do you see something in common here? Speed gives you YAC and YAC means BIG NUMBERS meaning helps you become a great player.

So why hate hte man? he is so small? he is so tiny? so raw? etc etc. THE HELL YOU EXPECT a man wlking in to be great out the door? I dont think so. Beofre you guys jump the gun just like ALlen, just for once, just for ONCE, give players and people a chance before you judge. Because i PROMISE you if he does become good and our pick, IMA take all those haters username and post it in a thread so whenever ppl jump the bandwagon everyone will see who was the fake fan and the quick to judge without konwing the player.

Im tired of this board doing that bandwagon BS. So just say "Hey, i dont really like the pick but if we do pick him, I will give him a chance and I "DO HOPE" he becomes great."

Because he is not worth the #9 pick when you have bigger needs elsewhere maybe... Some people dont really know how fast he really is but just wait till the combine maybe then he will prove to be a worthy enough to be taken at #9.

I don't hate the guy... but if we keep marty booker, (who i think is going to be a big hit to the cap this year), then I don't want this guy.

Only reason i'd want him is to take some load off of wes welker, (thats if we re-sign him this offseason.)

I am not SAYING that Ginn will be a bust. It is my personal opinion. I am no NFL scout, but I do watch enough football to formulate my own opinions on players. Ginn has absolutely blazing speed. However, his route running could use some work and his hands are not as good as they should be for a receiver potentially drafted in the top 10. Almost every video I have seen of this guy consists of him taking reverses or screen passes, running backwards in a big loop and simply outrunning defenders from bad Big 10 teams. Now, I'm not saying that those reverses and screens won't occasionaly work in the NFL, but I wouldn't expect him to make a living off of them.

Don't get me wrong, it would be exciting to have a playmaker of Ginns caliber on the Dolphins. And if we do draft him, I hope he succeeds. I just don't see him making a major impact at the next level.

But i get what your saying... Everyones a critic and everyone has there own opinion and then theres always those people who get mad because we picked someone they didnt want and trash the guy throughout his career until he does something.

we hate hiim...........BECAUSE HE HANST PUT UP THE NUMBERS.

get off his ****

[mod] don't circumvent the profanity filter [/mod]

for those taht hate on Ginn Jr so much, you HAVEN"T SEEN HIM PLAY IN TEH NFL TO JUDGE HIM AS A BUST TO BE OR JUST A ST DREAM!!!

Why is Steve smith so good? he is fast as hell and small as hell so he gets by defenders or gets a slant pattern n takes it to the home with that speed. Why is harrison so good? he has the speed and route running but is as skinny as me. Chad johnson, why is he soo good? he is as skinny as me when it comes to legs but fast as hell. TO is the only MAN looking player out there but thats it adn a lot has to do wiht his aggressiveness and just brains for the game. Other then that evreyone is small, and fast. look at chambers, he is shorter then Ginn Jr!! do you see something in common here? Speed gives you YAC and YAC means BIG NUMBERS meaning helps you become a great player.

So why hate hte man? he is so small? he is so tiny? so raw? etc etc. THE HELL YOU EXPECT a man wlking in to be great out the door? I dont think so. Beofre you guys jump the gun just like ALlen, just for once, just for ONCE, give players and people a chance before you judge. Because i PROMISE you if he does become good and our pick, IMA take all those haters username and post it in a thread so whenever ppl jump the bandwagon everyone will see who was the fake fan and the quick to judge without konwing the player.

Im tired of this board doing that bandwagon BS. So just say "Hey, i dont really like the pick but if we do pick him, I will give him a chance and I "DO HOPE" he becomes great."

The players you mentioned are great players because of quickness and ability to get off the line not because of pure speed. pure speed makes for good return guys that can hit the seam and go. Smith and Johnson in particular are very compact strong guys that are great hand fighters. There is a lot more that goes into being a great reciever than speed. If speed were it Renaldo Nehimiah, James McKnight, any the loads of other speed guys would be All Pro football players.

That said personally I do not have a bias for or against Ginn. Personally I would be alright if we got Ginn around 17 or below. At #9 I think you want a guy that has shown more production. The problem this year is their looks right now to be about 8 real solid guys and we pick #9.

Ginn certainly has the speed but I am not sure about his toughness, quickness or ability to get off the line. His hands look about average to slightly above to me....certainly better than Hagan.

It will be an interesting debagte on this board until draft day and beyond on Ginnuntil he proves people right or wrong.

yes, with the #9 pick, i expect a player who can contribute right away, not a project WR who only has raw speed

Im for Ted Ginn, if Cameron and Mueller are for Ted Ginn.

the players you mentioned are great because they work hard and have mastered their craft. this was evident for them in college and translated to the pros.

from everything ive seen, ginn relies on his speed too much. his footwork is questionable, plus his hands are suspect. he does not possess teh ball sskills you look for in a top WR. he does not set up defenders well, and he consistently watches the ball in.

i wouldnt argue with drafting him mid-first, but #9 is too early.

I don't hate the guy... but if we keep marty booker, (who i think is going to be a big hit to the cap this year), then I don't want this guy.

Only reason i'd want him is to take some load off of wes welker, (thats if we re-sign him this offseason.)
take some load of wes welker and his what? 400 receiving yards and no return td's?

The players you mentioned are great players because of quickness and ability to get off the line not because of pure speed. pure speed makes for good return guys that can hit the seam and go. Smith and Johnson in particular are very compact strong guys that are great hand fighters. There is a lot more that goes into being a great reciever than speed. If speed were it Renaldo Nehimiah, James McKnight, any the loads of other speed guys would be All Pro football players.

That said personally I do not have a bias for or against Ginn. Personally I would be alright if we got Ginn around 17 or below. At #9 I think you want a guy that has shown more production. The problem this year is their looks right now to be about 8 real solid guys and we pick #9.

Ginn certainly has the speed but I am not sure about his toughness, quickness or ability to get off the line. His hands look about average to slightly above to me....certainly better than Hagan.

It will be an interesting debagte on this board until draft day and beyond on Ginnuntil he proves people right or wrong.

I would not consider Chad Johnson compact at 6'1" 190 and he received helped from Jerry Rice during the offseason of his 2nd year to help him become the player he is today. I remember him asking Marvin Lewis if he or the coaches could help him become the best receiver in pro football.

Nehemiah was a track star whom had never played football before signing with SF.

Speed may not be all that it's cracked up to be to some people but it did help James Lofton, Willie Gault, Mark Duper and "Bullet" Bob Hayes become all-pros.

If we draft Ginn, that would okay. If we don't, that would be okay as well.

Have those that are in love with him seen him in the NFL to know he'll be great?

Because he is not worth the #9 pick when you have bigger needs elsewhere maybe... Some people dont really know how fast he really is but just wait till the combine maybe then he will prove to be a worthy enough to be taken at #9.

The only way Miami overreaches IMO for Ginn is if Martz is HC/GM...

The production that we've been seeing from our current wide recievers has been lacking to say the least. There is no solid option at WR, nor has a QB and offense been chosen. Given that, if we were to pick Ginn and he wouldn't represent an upgrade in any real way, if the only thing he brought to the team was ST play, then we've just paid top 10 money for a kick returner. Another team might be able to take a risk on the next Hester, but we'd just be losing ground in the fight to bring talent in. If Ginn is truly the BPA at 9, ok, but to think otherwise at this point is foolish.

Back
Top Bottom