Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR

i really hope we can do better than 31st in the league!!

That was 31st KR in the league (out of well over 100), many teams had 4 or 5 guys return a handful of kicks, giving them an inflated average. That was also subtracting Ginn's two 100+ yd returns for TDs which isn't fair either. I am sure if you went back to Hester's 2006 season and subtracted his best returns he'd look pretty mediocre as a returner too. It's just silly. Ginn will be missed as a returner, simple as that.

Except that Ginn was indeed 31st in the NFL when you take away the two TD's in the Jets game. Actually, he was even worse I think. Face it, Ginn was an awful KR last year. He's living off one game. Ginn was 18th in the NFL in KR average for players with at least 10 KR's. That's very average even with the Jets game inflating his stats. Ginn completely blows at everything he does.

Admittedly, Cobbs blows as a KR too, but Tristan Davis, Kory Sheets, RGM, and whoever we may bring in can't be any worse than Ginn last year. Hopefully they offer some PR ability too.

Excuse me, but those 2 returns are part of his season stats. You are cherry picking and act as if they were an aberrancy so should not be factored into his average. I'm not a Ginn fan by any means, but give the guy his due. Both of those returns against the Jets were impressive.
He also had several good returns in some other games. He had a long return against the Pats than I noticed while watchng NFL replay.

That was 31st KR in the league (out of well over 100), many teams had 4 or 5 guys return a handful of kicks, giving them an inflated average. That was also subtracting Ginn's two 100+ yd returns for TDs which isn't fair either. I am sure if you went back to Hester's 2006 season and subtracted his best returns he'd look pretty mediocre as a returner too. It's just silly. Ginn will be missed as a returner, simple as that.

Buy that Ginn Niners jersey yet? I know you can't quit your "Teddy Bear."

[video=youtube;OjSTiUgsEpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSTiUgsEpU[/video]

Ginn was 30th in the NFL WITH the Jets game. 18th when only counting players with at least 10 KR's. That's average at best. Take out that Jets game and Ginn was among the worst starting KR's in the NFL.

Excuse me, but those 2 returns are part of his season stats. You are cherry picking and act as if they were an aberrancy so should not be factored into his average. I'm not a Ginn fan by any means, but give the guy his due. Both of those returns against the Jets were impressive.
He also had several good returns in some other games. He had a long return against the Pats than I noticed while watchng NFL replay.

That Jets game was very much an aberrancy. Which is proven by how awful Ginn was in every other game that year,

No he won't. Did you watch that wimp out there? He constantly was tackled before the 20 and almost always ran out of bounds. I don't care if he would have had 5 returns for TD's in the Jets game. I will take a consistent returner over that anyday. And Ginn was most certainly not that guy.

Why does nobody look at special teams when you're talking about this stat? Our ST's blocking was downright atrocious and idc who you put back there they would not have had a good average in the majority of the games. This is without a doubt an area that needs a lot of improvement this season.

[video=youtube;ZYSxJgjjJFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc[/video]

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

[video=youtube;rMCsNsewz-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMCsNsewz-M[/video]

Few really take into account how friggin' awful our PR and KR teams were. I can remember quite a few times where GINN was looking 2 or 3 opponents right in the eyes before he reached the 20. Even against the JETS, do you remember his 2d kick return for a TD? Right on the 14 yard line, he was SURROUNDED by 4 JETS. 2 were getting blocked (or at least MIAMI players were TRYING to do so) and 2 others were looking GINN right in the eyes...AGAIN! One was IZZO and the other was a DB. GINN faked BOTH out of their athletic support, and left them all eating his dust. Whatever GINN achieved in KR/PR was HIS achievenment, and was achieved IN SPITE OF MIAMI's STs, which truly sucked Moose****. Only an imbecile would fail to see it. It got so bad that SPARANO even commented on it. As to those "stats", stats w/o context are dick.

As I see it, if GINN was returning kicks for a team w/topshelf S/Ts, you all would be singing a different tune. As far as the fact that GINN's a mediocre WR, it's true: but he still has that blazing speed that would compliment a true #1WR by almost automatically stretching the field. You all seem bitter that GINN was a #10 overall pick, who never delivered what you expect a #10 overall pick to deliver. Well, you can't blame GINN for THAT either, can you? Go hang THAT on the friggin' idiot formerly known as "CAM-CAM". GINN should NEVER have been taken at #10.

As a final footnote, "GINN IN MIAMI" is a closed book, so GET OVER IT!

[video=youtube;ZYSxJgjjJFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc[/video]

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I love the return at 45 seconds... Its so funny the way he bounces backwards like a teeny weeny rag doll.. Im pretty sure I could have done a better job

yea i was trying to post the stats but failed...this article is stupid and just wants to pretend that we got better at kr..

He is not a #1 wr..maybe even just a 3rd wr or someone who can contribute...but was an above average kr ...for sure

false

One of my very best friends is a good friend of Ted Ginn.
I know for a fact he did not want to leave the Dolphins. I have been following Ginn since college and he is a good-great returner.
I know i am in the minority, but I would have liked to keep him as a full-time kick and punt returner along with situational deep threat.
It was known he was a project WR coming out of college and he was thrust into a #1 WR role. He NEVER was a good route runner.
We could have finally utilized him correctly this year, but he is gone.
I believe the move to be more of a cap clearing trade.

as his future cap numbers are too high for a returner/situational deep threat:
2010: $3 million (salary $1 million)
2011: $3.4 million (salary $1.4 million)
2012: $3.8 million (salary $1.8 million)

It made sense to trade him in a non-capped season with no penalties.
If we had a salary cap, Ted Ginn would still be a Miami Dolphin.
It would have been a dead cap hit of $5.9 million in a capped season.
The move had alot to do with this being an uncapped season.

Except that Ginn was indeed 31st in the NFL when you take away the two TD's in the Jets game. Actually, he was even worse I think. Face it, Ginn was an awful KR last year. He's living off one game. Ginn was 18th in the NFL in KR average for players with at least 10 KR's. That's very average even with the Jets game inflating his stats. Ginn completely blows at everything he does.

Admittedly, Cobbs blows as a KR too, but Tristan Davis, Kory Sheets, RGM, and whoever we may bring in can't be any worse than Ginn last year. Hopefully they offer some PR ability too.

How about, when we compare him to other KRs without his TD returns, we take out their best games too? Then it might actually make sense to talk about this.

Back
Top Bottom