Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Do the Dolphins really have a void to fill at the KR position? No. In fact, I see Ginn’s loss as addition by subtraction, both at WR and KR. Ginn teased us Dolfans (surprise) with 2 consecutive KR’s for TD’s in a win over the Jets in Week 8.

Besides 2 KR’s for TD’s against the Jets, Ginn returned only 15 of 50 kicks past the Dolphins’ 25-yd line and ranked 31st in the NFL with 21.9 YPR.

Conclusion: Ginn was a terrible KR last year, except for 1 quarter in Week 8. The numbers prove it.

http://finnation.com/?p=314

Completely agree... Ginn was a horrible KR last year. I am not sure why there are people who think otherwise.

God are we still talking about Ginn.............:deadhorse:

problem is we dont have a clue if we have an improvement

I am not, nor have I ever been a big Ginn fan..but these are his stats compared to ppl who had the same amount of attempts compared to him..

Of course he is ranked low compared to ppl who had one attempt.. or maybe 5..its an avg.

I sorted it the way it should be sorted.

His avg..is similar to Cribbs, Sproles, Harvin..

who are thought to be really good KR.

He had 2nd most TD's

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_...e=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

problem is we dont have a clue if we have an improvement

Hey we came out way ahead with Ginn going to the 49ers. As dynamic as Ginn could be on a PR/KR he was usually just as dynamically unspectacular on the majority of his returns. Having Ginn around conatantly tempted our coaching staff to use him which cost us tons of hidden yardage in almost every game but the Jets.
Also something that I have not heard mentioned is those types of efforts by Ginn contributed to the tone of the game in the other teams favor everytime he ran out of bounds in fear of getting hit. In terms of improvement keep your eye on Korey Sheets in the KR department. The 49ers fans said Sheets tore it up in their preseason returning kicks. Punt returner remains to be seen.

Ginn sucks. Go read some of the blogs on the San Francisco Chronicle website and you'll see much hasn't changed.

I am happy we traded him for a 5th rounder..

But also if i was a gm I def would have traded a 5th for him..

He has alot of potential and yes can return kicks..

He can contribue to a team as a WR. He will fit in nicely with SF and their other WR

Amazing. Some here couldn't wait to get Ginn out of Miami and yet they still can't stop talking about him. The off-season is way too long.

To correct something the writer wrote. Ginn averaged 24.9 yards per return not 21.9. He also finished 9th, based on those who actually qualified, in the NFL not 30th. Ginn also finished 6th with 34 returns of 20 yards or more and tied for 8th with four returns of 40 yards or more.

As a team, the Dolphins finished tied for 5th with 45 kick returns of 20 yards or more and tied for 10th with four kick returns of 40 yards or more. Overall the teams finished 11th in the NFL in kick returns.

Amazing. Some here couldn't wait to get Ginn out of Miami and yet they still can't stop talking about him. The off-season is way too long.

To correct something the writer wrote. Ginn averaged 24.9 yards per return not 21.9. He also finished 9th, based on those who actually qualified, in the NFL not 30th. Ginn also finished 6th with 34 returns of 20 yards or more and tied for 8th with four returns of 40 yards or more.

As a team, the Dolphins finished tied for 5th with 45 kick returns of 20 yards or more and tied for 10th with four kick returns of 40 yards or more. Overall the teams finished 11th in the NFL in kick returns.

Yea I was trying to post the stats but failed...This article is stupid and just wants to pretend that we got better at KR..

He is not a #1 Wr..maybe even just a 3rd Wr or someone who can contribute...but was an above average KR ...for sure

Yea I was trying to post the stats but failed...This article is stupid and just wants to pretend that we got better at KR..

He is not a #1 Wr..maybe even just a 3rd Wr or someone who can contribute...but was an above average KR ...for sure

WOW!!!! Since when is running out of bounds 87% of the time above avg.?

Except that Ginn was indeed 31st in the NFL when you take away the two TD's in the Jets game. Actually, he was even worse I think. Face it, Ginn was an awful KR last year. He's living off one game. Ginn was 18th in the NFL in KR average for players with at least 10 KR's. That's very average even with the Jets game inflating his stats. Ginn completely blows at everything he does.

Admittedly, Cobbs blows as a KR too, but Tristan Davis, Kory Sheets, RGM, and whoever we may bring in can't be any worse than Ginn last year. Hopefully they offer some PR ability too.

To quantify the statistics you pulled, he was the 10th best KR if you only count KRs that had 30 returns or more (can't figure out how he could place as 9th), of course, there were only 21 KRs with that number of returns which makes him middle of the pack.

You mention that he finished 6th in 20+ yd returns and 8th in 40+ yd returns, but didn't mention he was 6th in total number of returns. Therefore, if he was average, you would expect him to be 6th in both categories, if he was above average he would be higher than 6th, and below average lower than 6th. 20+ yd returns he was average, 40+ yd returns he was slightly below average.

The team stats are probably the best indicator if you quantify how many of the team's KRs he handled.

Really who cares? He's gone and will get another chance somewhere else to prove his talent and then one side or the other can bring the "I told you so's"

Back
Top Bottom