Give Feeley a Shot | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Feeley a Shot

Feeley is the second coming of david woodley, but alot of you teeeners wouldn't know that hence the feeley hugging.

Comparing Brees and Feeley is alright I guess, but the major difference is that Brees is a legit first round-second round talent, Feeley is marginally talented at best. The only questions about Brees were his size coming out of college. If he was 6'4 he'd have been a top 10 pick. Feeley was a second day pick and a third stringer on Philly's team. Big difference in talent. Id suffer through a few bad years to give a legit talent a shot. Feeley was a mistake and he has no major upside. Smith is going to be a lot better of a pro than Feeley.
Besides what would be the bad side to it if Feeley plays great? Then we have a 21 year old playing backup to a 29 year old starter for a few years. Yes, the salary cap issues are there but you can work around contracts if youre smart. If Feeley doesnt pan out then Smith is waiting in the wings. Smith played a lot of shotgun offense at Utah he probaly needs 2 years to learn anyway. Its not a bad situation for us to be in. Having 2 good Qb's would be lightyears better than the Fielder/Lucas/bum debacle we've suffered through.

rookieholdout said:
OR we could pick brown at two which is the SAFE choice and go 10-6 make the playoffs, and you and your bust can play in nfl europe.

The Bills with very average Qb play and a good running game, a great defense, and two very good wr's were only 9-7 and not a playoff team. Ricky Williams could not lead the team to the playoffs and he lead the NFL in rushing in 2002 I believe. Look at the Chargers as my model, they couldn't make the playoffs with a stud RB, but once Brees played very well they were a "contender," while Tomlinson is a better player, Brees is more crucial for there success.

rookieholdout said:
I know everybody is probably sick of these Feeley threads but I couldnt help myself. I think it would be a mistake to draft smith at #2. I think we havent given feeley a chance to prove whta hes worth. I think if we draft smith we will have the same "problem" san diego has last year. They drafted a quarterback with their first pick and brees had a pro bowl year. The difference is we dont have the luxury to not get a rb like them bc they already had tomlinson. so before we draft a quarteback we should at least give feeley a shot and fill our most desperate need which is rb IMO. Just some extra info, these are feeleys stats from last year compared to brees numbers in 2003 the year before his awesome year:

Personally I don't see having brees and young Qb who was picked high in the draft a problem. They still can trade him away and still get something for Rivers. There are a lot of teams that may need a young Qb down the road. Kind of like us. We have 3 Qb's that haven't proven anything yet. Or rather change that to two Qb's since one of them is old and almost done with his career whats left of it.

most pro bowl QB have made there mark by 28, AJ is still throwing balls for INTs. Why do guys love him so much.

rookieholdout said:
I know everybody is probably sick of these Feeley threads but I couldnt help myself. I think it would be a mistake to draft smith at #2. I think we havent given feeley a chance to prove whta hes worth. I think if we draft smith we will have the same "problem" san diego has last year. They drafted a quarterback with their first pick and brees had a pro bowl year. The difference is we dont have the luxury to not get a rb like them bc they already had tomlinson. so before we draft a quarteback we should at least give feeley a shot and fill our most desperate need which is rb IMO. Just some extra info, these are feeleys stats from last year compared to brees numbers in 2003 the year before his awesome year:
YEAR TEAM G GS CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2004 MIA 11 8 191 356 53.7 1893 5.3 11 38 15 61.7
2003 SD 11 11 205 356 57.6 2108 5.9 11 68 15 67.5
on top of the fact you are beating a dead horse, have you taken the time to read any of the 100 other threads started on this? if you had, you would have seen many GREAT reasons TO draft a QB with our first pick...

the biggest being what if feeley busts? then we have no recourse and have to wait another year to get a project QB as a future franchiser. Getting a QB now would be a great opportunity to build a franchise QB. its an insurance policy. I'd rather have 2 great QBs than NO good ones.... If Feeley pans out, great, trade Smith away for a high draft pick or groom him another year under feeley, then trade feeley when his value is high. (or keep them both). if you DON'T draft QB and feeley tanks, what are you going to do then?

with the draft stacked at RB, it just makes too much sense to go QB with our first... and get a RB at a later round.

The bottom line is we can draft a QB and Feeley can STILL have his chance - after all the QB we draft probably wouldn't start on opening day anyway...

I agree with texasphinsfan, why can't all the feeley lovers realize that there has to be an option. If AJOke can't cut it then were screwed.

grendel said:
Feeley is the second coming of david woodley, but alot of you teeeners wouldn't know that hence the feeley hugging.
Yeah, last year, Fiedler/Feeley reminded me of Woodstrock! I'm glad someone else sees that....
But you know who came after Woodstrock...An omen or just wishful thinking?

AJoke is the result of Spielmans attempt at finding the next Delhomme. He was looking for instant fame and the eagles obliged, laughing all the way to the high 2nd round draft.

by the way lostinpatsland, I was at so many games when Cox had the answer but Ollivadufuss tied his hands. Such bad memories.

I don't see why everyone hates Feeley so much when he never had a chance to really show his talent. Kiper, Scouts, and NFL Network have mentioned that if Rodgers and Smith would have been drafted in last years QB class that they would have been taken 5th and 6th. That goes to show you the lack of talent that these two have, but everyone thinks they are "franchise QB's". Like I've mentioned in other posts, Feeley has just as much talent and potential as either of those two QB's. You give Feeley a good game plan, oline, running game and better coaching and he will perform. The only thing were missing now is the oline and running back, hopefully that will be fixed before preseason.

id love to give Feeley a shot...Anyone got a bullet? Thats the only shot he deserves. Flippin disgrace to this franchise he is.

JohnDolphin73 said:
I don't see why everyone hates Feeley so much when he never had a chance to really show his talent.
- NFL record for picks returned for TDs by opponent
- 7 or 8 Ints thrown to LB's. If you cant read LB coverages at 28 you dont deserve to start.
- He doesnt make good decision with the ball
- He won because of the D in Philly; much the same reason as Jay had a winning record here. It was in spite of his play, not because of it.

In short, he s-cks. next question. :fire:

5.32 yards per attempt at age 28 hardly inspires confidence in great things ahead. If I remember correctly, that topped only Eli Manning and Mark Brunnell among QBs who played frequently. So that's one guy on the way up and another on the way out. Feeley was dead last among QBs who should be in their prime.

To be fair, Griese skyrocketed to something like 7.8 yards per attempt last year, after nothing close to that for us. So personnel/system played a part. But when I attended the Tennessee opener last year I saw a disturbing tendency for Feeley to dump off the short pass very soon, before downfield possibilities had been exhausted. I hate the short passing game. I've detailed that in other posts. It's destined to fail unless the offense is sophisticated and threatening enough, so that short tosses are taken on the run with room to roam since dangerous WRs have taken the secondary deep and you're dealing with RBs against LBs in open space.

My beef with Feeley is the same as when we traded for him; line drive happy. Those INTs to LBs are hardly coincidence. He doesn't have nearly the variety of pace and loft. It's like in tennis, where the guys with heavy topspin have so much more margin for error clearing the net. Feeley is the type who expects a low rocket to magically clear the netting yet land safely before the baseline.

Speilman.

Back
Top Bottom